Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+8
Game Warden
Shooting Spectrum
Rad Boom
Winter Bell
Nova Surge
Violet Star
Lightning Flash
Arc Weld
12 posters

The Eternal Nightmare[Closed]

Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

The Eternal Nightmare[Closed] Empty The Eternal Nightmare[Closed]

Post by Arc Weld Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Arc looked at the group in front of him. Oh well, better get started. Arc took a sip from the glass in front of him.

"A merchant came here last night, to Cocktail's bar. Said he knows a place that could very well be a source of clean freshwater. Not that I believed him, of course, but the place he pointed on the map is also marked on one of our old maps as a place with... well, a hole. Big hole in the ground, the technique that was once used for tunnelling through bedrock to get to various resources. This makes me believe that even if we won't find a water spring, there might be some other resources with value. So, after buying him a few drinks, he was more than happy to tell me about the place now, what dangers to look for and such. Not that we didn't knew about the place, but we have many of them on the old maps, and we learned very soon that the old maps are simply... unreliable. However with his confirmation, I'd like to go and take a look there."

"Anyway, I went on a tangent. Fact is, simple and straight, I need few ponies to come with me on this, reliable ones, so I decided to ask you. In any case, we leave tomorrow, so if you wish to ask, ask now, before I manage to get myself drunk."

Arc looked away from the glass, at the ponies and zebra in front of him.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

The Eternal Nightmare[Closed] Empty Re: The Eternal Nightmare[Closed]

Post by Lightning Flash Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Lightning had been called upon as one of the ponies to join Arc in the bar. Apparently, something of interest has come up and the brown unicorn needed ponies. He remembered Arc back in their little journey in Stable 113 and he would never forget the stallion's help to keep him calm and how they both worked together to escape the Stable alive.

When the pegasus heard the news that Arc needed some help, he was easily persuaded to go. His friend (or marefriend, depending on which pony you asked), Shooting Spectrum, had also heard about this as well and was also going to be there to assist. Lightning, of course, had no objections. Standing beside her, the blue pegasus waited as the rest of the group poured into the bar, instantly recognizing a rather large number of ponies. In fact, all of the ponies, to be honest.

Listening to Arc's instruction closely, this sounded rather interesting. Fresh water in the wasteland? Not often you see that. If you find that at all. Glancing over at the others, he wondered if they had any questions but Lightning would say, "What kind of threats you think we should expect out there?"
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:09 am

Violet Star was sitting down on a stool, cutely sipping a bottle of Sparkle Cola from a straw as Arc Weld explained what the Quest of the Week was. Liz was sitting next to her stool, munching on a steak and drawing the stares from the other ponies in the tavern.

A few minutes earlier the young, glowy-eyed filly had arrived at the bar with her Gecko in tow. She had explained to Arc Weld after opening introductions that her ‘Plot Sense’ was tingling and she had a feeling that Arcy was about to go on an epic and potentially exciting quest! So she rushed over as fast as she could!

Violet listened very intently to Arcy’s story, taking in every detail and memorizing them. She was fairly good at that.

“I have a question too Arcy!” exclaimed Violet as she raised a hoof. “Will we get cool mining helmets with those lights? I’ve always wanted to go spelunking with one of those!”
    Nova Surge
    Nova Surge
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Nova Surge Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:24 am

Nova listened intently to Arc as he spoke, before looking at those he had gathered. There were a few familiar faces for her, which was somewhat comforting. She knew it helped having people you know watching your back. Nova nooded at the end of Arc's talk, looking over the group as she thought.

First off there was Arc Weld. She considered him a friend and had worked with him and been on adventures before. She knew that he would have her back, as she would his, and was more than happy to help when he asked. Then there was Atriark, another friend of hers. The zebra was also someone she was happy to have watching her back, as they had also worked together. And the last pony she recognised was Lightning Flash, she didn't know him too well but nevertheless liked him, and was also glad to see he was coming along.

Nova then looked over the rest of the group, sure she would pick up names as she went. And if Arc trusted them with this, then she was more than happy for them to come along. Nova smiled slightly to each of the group before turning back to Arc.

"May as well ask this now. Any idea what the environment's like?" Nova smiled slightly. "Also, may as well save time and get these out of the way now. I'm Nova Surge for those of you who don't know me, or just Nova for short."
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:04 am

Winter remained silent as she listened. Sometimes it was nice to be the one to sit back and listen to what the others had to say, and with any luck they might answer any questions you might have anyway. She shifted her amethyst eyes from one pony to the next as they spoke. Some of them she knew, and some she didn't. She was happy to see Flash was here, she knew him well and he was a friend of hers. She could trust him, there was no doubt of that. Then their was Atriark, another Zebra she knew well enough to be able to trust. The others however, she would learn about as they embarked upon this mission.

She gave her usually offer of a friendly smile as she sat quietly, taking out some Purified Water before stopping as the purple filly spoke. She looked around but didn't seem to see any parents, which slightly worried her. With a sweet smiled she looked down at the foal and spoke in her usual soft voice, "Excuse me sweetie, but where are your parents?" she asked with a smile as she smiled down at her.
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:48 am

Arc leaned his back against the chair, face turning upwards, his eyes staring at the wooden beams that held the ceiling. He was silent for a few short moments, summing up his answer from the facts he knew of the place. Then he looked back at the ponies gathered in front of him.

"The environment there is rather harsh. Not that here is exactly the element of hospitable nature, but that place was wasteland even before the war, its all barren land on the map. Doubt it got better over the time."

He took a sip of the amber liquid in his glass and held the whiskey in his mouth, enjoying the stinging taste as he though of what to say next.

"Now... I plan that we'll stay there for a few days, at least. No telling what exactly is awaiting us there, maybe few raiders, maybe some wildlife... and of course there's no telling what we encounter along the way. So I suggest we pack heavy, take supplies, lot of water surely. Probably also some good long rope, in case we'll need to scale down the hole. I guess we should check with the market, to see what supplies we can get. Considering the hazards, I'd say we should pack every Med-x and healing potion we can. And food and water too."

Then he looked down and smiled at Violet.

"I promise that the first one we find is yours."

Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Rad sat quietly at the table, which was unusual for the pegasus, he listened to what was said, but his mind was elsewhere. Though when scaling down the hole in the ground was mentioned Rad piped up. "Rope will be useful, but bein a pegasus could I not just fly down that hole? That way if theres nothin, it would save some non-winged pony a whole lotta effort." Rad looked around the assembled group, there were a lot of ponies he didn't recognise, and those he regognised he still didn't really know. "Names Rad Boom incase ya don't know."
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Violet broke out into a wide smile when Arc gave his answer. “Yay!~” she clapped her forehooves together, her drink floating in front of them. “Oh, we’ll need one for Liz too, she doesn’t like the dark.” The gecko simply gave one of her weird purr/growls, before going back to munching on steak.

The purple filly took another sip and turned the white-maned mare. She didn’t really recognize her, although then again she only really knew Light and Arcy when it came to this bunch. “Oh, they’re probably in Friendship City. Maybe. I suppose they could of moved away at some point or died or something, I haven’t really seen them in awhile.” she answered nonchalantly before taking another sip of her drink.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:16 am

Lightning paused for a second to think about Arc's answer, thinking about the pros and cons of what he recommended. If they were going to stay for a few days, they would definitively need food, water, and ammo for all their weapons as the wasteland isn't exactly forgiving and isn't the greatest place for a little camp-out. Rope would be a good idea. He would glance over at Winter talking to Violet and let out a little chuckle. The pegasus would then turn to Rad and say, "But we should bring rope anyways. It's better we have it rather than we don't."

Looking around at the others, Lightning would say, "I'm going to go gather my ammo and my weapons together. I'll also pick up some rope as well. The rest of you can divide the rest of the supplies and go pick it up. Spectrum, may you accompany me to the marketplace?" He would smile at her and silently hoped that she would come.
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:05 pm

Winters concern only grew as the filly explained about her family. Winters family was in Friendship City, so she knew how far away the place was from here. Winter couldn't help but wonder how the Filly had made it all the way out here. She gave a sympathetic look, "So where are you living, how do you survive?" she asked, praying she at least had a good home and some pony to look after her.
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Violet took another sip of her soda. “Oh, here and there. Usually wherever I am at the moment. As for surviving it’s not that hard, kill a radhog here, do a job there, steal a dead slaver’s pocket money, that sort of stuff. Liz is really good at hunting things!” she explained while patting her gecko on the head.
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Winter looked concerned as the filly explained that she had no parent or guardian. She blinked as she vaguely recalled on a filly on Friendship City matching a similar description to the foal in front of her, but she quickly shook the thought aside. "I have a home... you could come live with me?" she offered, looking down sympathetically at the foal. Cross would likely kill her but she would be damned by the goddesses if she didn't at least extend the offer. She could never be able to live with herself if she turned her back on a foal in these goddess forsaken wastes.
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:16 pm

“Nah, I’m fine.” she replied before taking another snip, glancing up at the blueish mare with her glowing silver eyes.. “The whole home thing didn’t really work out last time anyway. Mean Ponies trying to kill you with big butcher knifes is never really fun. Well, technically pony, singular, but anyway...” she took another sip. “I’m much better off just wandering, seeing all the interesting things in the wasteland. But thanks for the offer anyway!” she said with a big smile. If she was at all perturbed about the ‘Mean Ponies trying to kill her with butcher knifes’ part, she didn’t at all show it.
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:21 pm

Winter let out a defeated sigh. She knew there was nothing she could do if she refused. She just gave a reassuring smile. "Alright" she said before she took out some paper and a pen, which was hard to find in the wastes. She wrote down an address and directions to her home in Tenpony Tower. "But please take this, if you ever need a place to go or to stay safe, come find me here, you're always welcome" she said, levitating the small piece of paper to the little filly.
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Violet took the paper with her own magical field, quickly reading it and memorizing it, before sliding it into her saddlebags.

'Tenpony, huh? I think I was there once, place has loads of airvents to crawl around in. Maybe I should visit it again sometime...'

"Okie-dokie, I'll stop by if I'm being chased by a violent horde of raiders! Or, well, something to that effect." she told the older mare with a smile before hopping off her stool, dropping her bottle in a nearby trashcan before walking over to Lightning.

"Hey Light!" she said as she approached the pegasus. "If you're going to the market, I'm coming too! I need to pick up a new knife, plus I've got loads of caps from Stalliongrad to spend." Her gecko was, of course, diligently following, having since finished her steak.
    Shooting Spectrum
    Shooting Spectrum
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Shooting Spectrum Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:18 am

As people shot off ideas and planned for what was going to be a long trip. If it hadn't been for the fact that she was asked for by name and that flash himself was going she would have had more of a mind set to refuse Arc offer but he had and so now she was here standing besides Flash keeping to herself as it seemed she only new of the her blue Pegasus besides her and the brown unicorn whom had requested her. There were a couple of other faces she recognized but none of whom she really got to know. But when the topic of wings came up she couldn't help but throw in her own words having her own fear to worry about "It would be unfortunate not to have rope and come across a hole that wouldn't allow our wings to unfold" She did worry about not being able to fly, being in a crampt area honestly frightened her and she hoped that for the most of the cave it would be at least large enough for her at least have some push beneath her wings.

She giggled a bit as she imagined the geko with a helmet on, missing her own 'baby' who was all the way back home. Which reminded her that her and Flash needed to warn dash of his up-coming responsibilities as a pup sitter. Well that is if they were given the time to go warn him. He already knew of the dangers of watching the young pup so even if they couldn't warn him he would at least notice there absence and handle the situation. but still warning him seemed the better option.

" Sure Flash " she quickly followed him without hesitation but remembered something, swiftly turning around "Oh I'm sorry, My name is Shooting Spectrum, but others just call me Spec, it's nice to meet you all!" She laughed as the filly asked to come along, she had no quarrel with it and rather loved the energy she possessed [b]" Of course you can come Violet, and I'll personally make sure to keep my eyes out for those helmets for the two of you" she simply laughed as she once again took her place besides Flash looking at him with the expression that could only read 'are we ready to go?' a giggle as she grew more and more excited for mission to begin.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 am

Lightning watched and waited as Spec gave her idea about the rope issue before she walked over to him. He smiled when she giggled, unaware that he was staring at her a little. The young pegasus loved hearing Spectrum's giggle. Quickly shaking his thoughts out of that though, they had a job to do and they had to go do it. Plus, they had an ice wolf at home that they had to make sure was taken care of. Dash would have to be warned and given his list of additional responsibilities while they were away.

Lightning waited patiently as Spec introduced herself to the others before looking down at Violet bouncing over to them, her little gecko coming over as well. Nodding, he said, "Of course, Violet. You are more than welcome to join us." Lightning would look back at Spectrum and easily read her expression with a smile. He could tell that she was eager to go. Unable to resist, he gave her a light nuzzle before turning back to the others, "We'll be back soon! Let's meet back here and check our supplies before our trip tomorrow!" Now, with that said, Lightning turned and led the filly and the mare out of the bar and toward the marketplace.
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:47 am

Arc looked over those few in front of him. Damit... I hoped that more of them will show up... well, hopefully it'll do. One has to play with cards he has... thought Arc.

The brown unicorn turned away from the group and stared down in the glass of whiskey in front of him. Folding his hooves under his chin, he observed the structure of the bar counter through the amber colour filter of the alcohol, thinking of what was about to come. As long as there are no ants there... still, wonder what we will find there. You know that it probably be another wasted week Arc, but... you still keep on going. Why... why... why... why do you even bother... his mind talked with itself, using the few short whiles between more planning for introspection.

He killed a Stable. Not a very alive Stable, sure, but still... his home got filled by radiation and he was to blame. If he ever met the pony who did that, he would probably kill him in cold blood, but here he sat... and kept on going.

Arc emptied the glass in front of him. "Cocktail, I'll have another one, please." he motioned for the barpony. Maybe this time he would actually be of use. Do something good, provide for the community something else than another mouth to feed... or die a painful death and take all these thoughts and feelings with him to the other side.

No matter. At least we will know of another place with no water, and the maps will get updated. Still... Arc let out a sad sight, feeling that it came from every iota of his existence.
    Nova Surge
    Nova Surge
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Nova Surge Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:32 am

Nova noticed Arc's sigh and trotted up next to him, putting a wing over her friend comfortingly as she smiled warmly to him. Nova looked at what he was drinking and thought for a moment.

"Arc, we still need to get some supplies together." Nova laughed a little. "You can carry on drinking after we've finished, and I'll probably join you." Nova smiled warmly to the unicorn once more. "Best to be in good company before heading out like this don't you think?"

Nova then looked towards the door and she thought, even blushing a little.

"Plus, I don't really know my way around here very well." Nova admitted sheepishly. "So, could you help me find some of the equipment we need?"
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Arc watched the glass sail in front of him, and as he was just about to sip from it, a warm tickling feeling spread on his back, making him wince and almost fall from the barstool. Looking aside, he saw Nova smiling at him, the sensation on his back coming from her wing draped around him. He nervously smiled back, taken by surprise.

"H-hello Nova. Right, you're right... should have dealt with the supplies first, but... well, wasn't sure if anyone will show up."

Arc looked at the glass on the counter. His horn shimmered in crimson red and magical field of same colour wrapped around the glass, carrying it to his lips. Arc kicked down the whiskey and hopped from the stool. He turned to face Nova and faintly smiled.

"Well Nova, then it will be a pleasure to be your guide. So, are you looking for something specific, beside the supplies? As for me, I have to see if I can find some additional spark batteries. The repeater, as devastating thing it might be, eats through them like there's no tomorrow."
    Game Warden
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:12 pm

Important public service announcement
    I would like to actually use magazines in this thread. Thus, the trader in this thread will have weapon magazines for sale, in reasonable amounts, and given not everyone might know how many of them he has, at reasonable sale. I would like everyone to count his ammo as he shoots, and state how many magazines he has in his inventory.

I would like to use Ashen's system for this, since I suppose not all of you necessarily tracked your ammo. Basically, everyone starts with 5 magazines, can buy or find additional ones, and at the end of the thread all ammo gets converted into caps.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Tmr8xuoqdfbnuv36WPxq6CoMhiFm8qAhFdwn876Y5Kw/edit?pli=1

Also, store system:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WUIwXXZzh8jKq8vxMLEv_aoycjA1PDuXfImodTYlKw8/edit?pli=1
    Thank you for your attention
    Nova Surge
    Nova Surge
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Nova Surge Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Nova smiled back to Arc and nodded, happy both for the guidance, and the company. Nova then took a moment to think if there was anything specific she was looking for. Deciding on a few things, before laughing slightly, smiling a little more.

"Well, I'd like to see if there's any new armour I could use, considering my current stuff is getting a bit overused. I'm not worried if there isn't though, I can make do."

Nova paused a moment to think again.

"And, I know how unlikely it is, but something I could add to my .45 SMG to improve it, considering it'll probably be what I use most. Which reminds me, I'll need to pick up some ammo too."

Nova smiled sheepishly to Arc.

"Sorry, that might seem a little much to find. But still, we could still find something useful if we look around."
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Rad had once more sat listening to the others talking, the idea that they might be able to find a source of clean water certainly appealed to him, but it may attract the wrong sort of attention. As Arc and Nova began discussing going to the store Rad remembered he needed to get some ammo for his rifles. "Hey, if the two of ya are headed for supplies mind if I tag along? I need some more bullets for my guns, burn through it like nothin."
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Arc looked at Rad, light frown on his face. "You do know that you could always just... oh nevermind, let's go you two."

Arc, Nova and Rad left the bar and headed to the marketplace. The sun, forevermore hidden behind the cloud layer, was moving toward the horizon, or at least seemed so, and for the marketplace it meant to start buzzing into life as the inhabitants of the settlement came to trade their wares and possessions, buy food or just chat.

Arc looked over the few stalls that dealt with the equipment they needed, weapons, armour, medicine and chems. "Alright... let's see what we got." he said as he trotted to the armour trader.
    Shopkeep
    Shopkeep
    Trader of the Wastes!

Post by Shopkeep Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:02 pm

The marketplace was bustling that day, merchants all over at their stands selling various commodities and items, loudly proclaiming how their items were better than their competitors and how you should buy from them instead. Guns, blades, armor, drugs, food, you could find it all here.

Lightning Flash’s and Arc Weld’s groups wondered the market for a bit, browsing the wares, before bumping into each other. They decided to join together to get all the shopping done faster.

Arc Weld took lead when it came to negotiating prices, and Celestia must of been smiling on him because he managed to get very nice prices in pretty much all the stands, ensuring that the group wouldn’t get gypped out of their caps.

Now it was a simple matter of getting the supplies they needed, and getting ready to leave.
    ---

Item xQuantity (Price)

Weapons

10mm Pistols x5 (825)
    .357 Revolvers x3 (121)
    9mm SMG x2 (935)
    Cowpony Repeater x1 (880)
    Lever Action Shotgun x1 (2200)

Prism Blaster x2 (192)
    Plasma Pistol x2 (220)
    Plasma Rifle x1 (1430)
    Firefly RCPW x1 (2365)

Fragmentation Grenades x5 (165)

Baseball Bat x3 (275)
    Machete x5 (55)
    Trench Knife x2 (770)
    Sledge Hammer x2 (143)

Spiked Hooves x2 (605)
    Power Hooves x1 (880)
    Razor Claws x1 (880)

Mods

Custom Grips x1 (825)
    Heavy Barrel Kit x1 (550)
    Bipod x1 (165)
    Prism Sight x1 (1650)
    Folding Stock x1 (1100)

Ammunition Available
    (See Doc)

Normal Ammunition/Cells
    Hollow Point Ammunition
    Armor Piercing Ammunition
    Overcharged Cells

Armor

Reinforced Leather Barding x3 (1320)
    Mercenary Outfits x4 (165)
    Combat Barding x2 (4000)
    Metal Barding x2 (1210)

Chems

Weak Healing Potion x30 (75)
    Medium Healing Potion x25 (150)
    Strong Healing Potion x5 (225)
    Healing Bandages x20 (20)
    Bandages x30 (10)
    Med-X x15 (20)

Rad-X x10 (20)
    Rad Away x10 (20)

Dash x5 (20)
    Mintals x5 (20)
    Rampage x5 (20)
    Steady x5 (20)

Misc

Rope x5 (10)

[Note: If there is anything you want specifically that’s not here, make a post with the item and your luck stat (And probably something about looking for the item IC). I will then make the luck roll to determine if it’s in the market and retroactively add it, in accordance with the Barter System]

[Second Note: If you wish to sell anything, the modifier on the price of items sold is .9. Take that into account with calculating how much you'd get]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:56 am