Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+8
Game Warden
Shooting Spectrum
Rad Boom
Winter Bell
Nova Surge
Violet Star
Lightning Flash
Arc Weld
12 posters

The Eternal Nightmare[Closed]

Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

The Eternal Nightmare[Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Eternal Nightmare[Closed]

Post by Lightning Flash Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Lightning led his little group around until he accidently ran into Arc and his little group of future spelunkers, so it was better that they stuck together to buy their supplies. Looking at the supplies the stores had, Lightning already knew what he wanted. He wanted to get those weapon mods. The bipod and the prism sight to be exact. However, Spectrum needed a weapon. And looking at what was available, the Firefly RCPW was perfect for her. Respectfully, he would say, "I'll take the Firefly, the prism sight, the bipod, and some ammo, please. Thank you."

Buying:
    1x Firefly RCPW: 2365 caps
    1x Bipod: 550 caps
    1x Prism Sight: 1375
    1x .308 Standard Ammo (Bulk x20): 64
    2x .45 Auto Standard Ammo (Bulk x45): 216
    5x Rope: 50 caps

Total: 4620 caps spent
    Total Caps Remaining: 223

Last edited by Lightning Flash on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Violet hummed to herself as the group browsed the store, eyeing the various wares. She ignored the load ponies constantly yelling in her ears, screaming about how their brahmin milk was 20% better or their ‘Natural Horn Growth Cream’ they were selling and nonsense like that.

When the group neared a stand selling various blades and a few hammers, Violet’s glowing eyes caught sight of a pair shiny blade laying on the table the seller had his wares on. She oohed, before rushing over and picking up the knife in her magic. She brought it up to her face, examining it closely, checking for any signs of rust of wear, which she saw none. She experimentally swung the blade around a bit to get a feel for it, despite the sellers protests.

“Alright!” she suddenly exclaimed. “I’ll buy this!”

“Uh, kid,” asked the seller, “aren’t you a little too young to be playing with knifes?”

“Yes. Yes I am.” Violet said simply, before pulling out her rather bulging bag of caps. “But I also have caps.”

o-0-O-0-o

Violet was soon walking away with a shiny Trench Knife in her new sheath, while wearing a new set of Reinforced Leather Barding she picked up from an armor stand. Now she was simply waiting for the others, she’d pick up some potions too but she had a feeling that the others would, so she decided to adopt a ‘Wait and see’ approach when it came to that. She still had plenty of caps, but she didn’t want to spend them all in one place.

[Purchases: Trench Knife and Reinforced Leather Barding]

[Cost: 3417-2090=1327]
    Nova Surge
    Nova Surge
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Nova Surge Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Nova looked around the marketplace and smiled warmly to Arc, sure she would have gotten lost without his help. Nova managed to pick up not only some ammo, but an attachment for her .45 SMG as well. Nova was pleased with how this trip went as she simply followed Arc around to keep him company as he looked around.

"Thanks again Arc, I appreciate the help." Nova smiled warmly to her friend. "Guess I owe you a drink later."

Transactions:
    Toatl Caps: 1616
    Selling:
    1x .357 Revolver - 99 Caps
    Total Caps: 1715
    Purchasing:
    1x Folding Stock - 1100 Caps
    1x .45 Auto Standard Ammo (Bulk x45) - 108 Caps
    Total Caps: 507
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Arc was slowly walking between the stalls, occasionally stopping here or there when something got caught in his eye. Most of the time he moved on after a moment of examination, but then he found that one of the traders had a plasma rifle on display. That did sparked Arc's interest, after that debacle with prism rifle blowing up into his face, he was thinking of buying another weapon just in case, and this was perfect combo with the repeater. Soon enough, Arc was happily trotting away with the plasma rifle and a small pouch of batteries, exchanged for the prism one and a heap of caps, squeeing in delight from the new gun. Then there was the chems and healing items shop, and another heap of caps changed its owner. After it was done, Arc looked at Nova with her upgraded toy.

"It was nothing Nova, but given how capless I'm left... I may take you on that offer." then he burst into hearty laugh and smiled, looking around for the others.

Transactions:
    Selling Prism Rifle (+720 caps)
    Selling Leather barding (+144 caps)
    Selling Armored stable barding (+63 caps)
    Selling 9mm pistol (+90 caps)
    Buying Plasma rifle (-1430 caps)
    Buying Overcharged Static Cell x 20 (-400 caps)
    Buying Overcharged Spark Battery x 8 (-400 caps)
    Buying Med-X x 3 (-60 Caps)
    Buying Medium healing potion x 3 (-450 caps)
    Buying Healing bandages x 5 (-100 caps)
    Buying Rad-Away x 3 (-60 caps)
    Buying Rad-X x 5 (-100 caps)
    Sum:
    2006(caps I have)+720+144+63+90=3023
    3023-1430-400-400=793
    793-60-450-100-60-100=23

Left with 23 caps.

Last edited by Arc Weld on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:37 am

Rad followed with Arc and Nova, until he found what he needed, ammo. He looked at the trader with a smirk. "Lucky day for ya... I need enough 5mm to gimme another 10 mags... For both these guns." Rad nodded to the two Assault Carbines on his battle saddle. "Yup... I'll probably burn through most of em too, unless my carbines curse kicks in again... Then... Well i'll only go through half I guess... Damn gun... Anyway I guess you'll be wantin your caps eh?" Rad dumped a bag of caps on the counter, and while the other pony was counting them, packed his extra magazines into his saddlebags. Leaving with the trader probably thinking that Rad was completely insane. As he walked through the market area he noticed a barrel upgrade that could fit his Carbine, but knew he couldn't afford it. "Shame... Might have made ya actually hit somethin eh?" Rad got a few looks as he appeared to actually talk to one of his guns. "Oh well, another time perhaps..."

[Buying 4x 5mm standard ammo (Bulk x120) 384 caps)]

[232 caps left]
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:09 pm

Winter browsed the store as she looked for anything useful she could buy. She had all the chems she needed but it was always a good time to stock up just in case. She spoke to the store clerk in the market and politely asked for a few super potions as she reached into her saddlebags for her caps. As she browsed the weapons she considered looking for a Caravan Shotgun, her Single Shotgun was becoming a pain to reload after every shot, and an extra shot would be nice to have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selling:
    9mm Pistol (Forgot I still had this)

Buying:

x2 Strong Potions
    x2 45. Armor Piercing (Bulk)
    x2 45. Standard (Bulk)

Caps: 6164

Last edited by Winter Bell on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Night-Shade
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Night-Shade Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:41 pm

Night-Shade was just following the rest of the group. He hadn't even introduced himself to anypony. He recognized some of them. He remembered Rad Boom for one. He just entered the marketplace with the rest of them and didn't pay any attention to anything. He wasn't looking for anything, he was fine with what he had. He would speak up but he was feeling especially down today.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:46 pm

With all the items Lightning just bought, he immediately began to put it together. First things first, his bipod slipped on the underside of his sniper rifle with ease and now, he could use the rifle nearly anywhere as long as he was prone. The legs folded inward so it made it easy for transportation as well. It did add a little more weight onto him though, something that was just a minor inconvenience.

Next, the pegasus pulled out his .45 Auto pistol, attaching the new prism sight onto the bottom and shining it toward the ground to make sure it was working right. This will help his aim even though he didn't really need the help. He already knew he was good shot but he wasn't one to brag about it. The next and last thing Lightning did was gather up all of his ammo and put it in his bag carefully.

Now that he had gotten all of his own things out of the way, he turned his attention to the Firefly. Lightning wasn't a huge expert in energy weapons and if he tried to use it, he'll probably fail at it. However, a certain white pegasus needed a weapon stronger than the 9mm and he knew that it would be a perfect gift for her. The stallion picked it up, battle saddle and all, and walked over to Spectrum, smiling at her before gently setting it down in front of her, "Spec, here. I know you like energy weapons and well...this gun here is a lot stronger than your 9mm, I assure you of that. And well...I want you to have it. Consider it a gift, if you like."
    Shopkeep
    Shopkeep
    Trader of the Wastes!

Post by Shopkeep Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Winter Bell's transaction:
    Selling:
    9mm Pistol (+90 caps)

Buying:

x2 Strong Potions (-450 caps)
    x2 45. Armor Piercing (Bulk)(-360 caps)
    x2 45. Standard (Bulk)(-216 caps)

Caps before the transaction: 6164
    Total price: 936
    Caps after transaction: 5228
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Arc moved to sit on a nearby bench,setting the small pile of items in front of him. He set to arrange them into his saddlebags. Rad-X and Rad-Away into the saddlebags, few potions and batteries into the vest for easy access, adjusting the sling on the plasma rifle so it fitted well on his back and not obstructed the RPCW...

As he did this, Arc looked up at the ponies in front of him. "Alright... so anyway, I would like everypony to be in front of Stableton tomorrow around 9 o'clock, I would appreciate precision on this. Try to not get too drunk today. Anyhow, I'm heading back to Cocktail's bar, feel free to join me or go on your own way if you have other errands to finish. For those, I bid you a good rest of the day." he said, finishing the packing of the items. He then got up from the bench and started walking back towards to the bar.
    Nova Surge
    Nova Surge
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Nova Surge Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:54 am

Nova nodded as she listened to Arc, making sure that she'd correctly attached the stock to her weapon. When Arc said about the not getting too drunk, she laughed a little as she thought. As Arc started to head back to the bar Nova trotted up next to him again and smiled, returning to the bar for now.

"I believe I owe you a drink." Nova smirked as put her weapon away and tucked the extra ammo into a saddlebag for now. "And besides, I could use the company."
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Arc looked at Nova as she caught up with him and totted on his side. He chuckled and smiled at her, saying "Alright, lead the way then Nova. I'm not exactly sure if I can be an entertaining company, but hey, you're paying for the drink. I'll find us a table." He finished talking as he held the door open for Nova and the rest of those that decided to go back to the bar.
    Nova Surge
    Nova Surge
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Nova Surge Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:39 am

Nova smiled to Arc as he held the door open for her, even blushing a little from the gesture as she trotted into the bar.

"Thank you Arc." Nova smiled to him.

Nova then trotted up to the bartender, still with her smile as she thought of what to get. Eventually, she decided to settle on something simple that they would likely both enjoy as she spoke.

"Excuse me. Could I get some whiskey for myself and my fried over there?" Nova asked politely, smiling once more over to Arc before looking back. Nova almost facehoofed as she remebered...

"Please?"
    Game Warden
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:50 am

The bartender didn't even looked away from the mugs he was cleaning as two glasses of something that probably was converging on being 'whiskey' sailed on the bar counter in front of Nova.
    Nova Surge
    Nova Surge
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Nova Surge Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:58 am

Nova takes the two drinks, deciding it would be best to pay before leaving, in case they drank more. Nova then trotted over to Arc with the glasses, passing one to him as she took a seat and made a small sip from hers.

"So Arc. What would you like to talk about?"
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:26 am

Arc let go of the doors as Nova passed through them before he followed and entered the bar again. He looked around, and finding an empty table he headed to it and took a place at it.

His head felt heavy with all the thoughts, and in a few moments he found himself looking down on the table again, resting it on his front hooves, even missing the look Nova gave to him as she ordered the drinks. So... almost everyone, except Atriark. It will have to do but... damit, I hoped to have a spare medic... no matter. Things are set.. The light knock on the wood the glass made him look up and chase away those thoughts, seeing Nova returned. He smiled to her as he looked up, picked the glass in the crimson magical field his horn made and moved it to sip on the amber liquid.

"To be honest... tomorrow, and this whole thing. Last time I really hoped that I would find an actual water source, I had lot more credible information and... well, I almost lost both my front legs later that day. This time... It's a lot worse territory. More bare of plants and life... we know raiders use it to flank some more heavily populated areas to get to the easier targets..."

Arc bowed his head and leaned his forehead on the edge of the table. At least this time, you might not get away without a punishment for your crimes, Arc. Or even not alive, if you are lucky.

Arc looked up. "Sorry. Just... I have some tiring days behind me."
    Nova Surge
    Nova Surge
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Nova Surge Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:41 am

Nova smiled back to Arc and listened to him talk, noticing how upset he seemed and slightly upset from seeing her friend like that. Nova sipped her drink again and looked to Arc and nodded as he looked up once more.

"We all have things we wished we didn't have to do." Nova smiles warmly to the unicorn. "What matters is that we move on, and remember that because we made that choice, somebody else never had to."

Nova thinks for a moment about away to try and cheer Arc up a little and smiles again as she gets an idea, looking around.

"Now that you mention your legs, is there a jukebox in here?" Nova smiles warmly over to Arc again. "And if so, would you care to dance?"
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:27 pm

"Dance? I don't... I mean, yes, the jukebox is that battered thing over there." Arc pointed a hoof in the direction of the pony-high coloured box, with few still working neons around it and a small plate taped on it with the codes of the songs written on it. The small dashboard with dials next to it controlled what songs was to be played.

"Though... sorry but I don't dance. Or... I mean, I never learned, or had much chance to..."
    Nova Surge
    Nova Surge
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Nova Surge Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Nova looks over to the jukebox and smirks slightly, before smiling back to Arc warmly as se sipped her drink again.

"That's alright Arc, I don't know how to dance either." Nova laughed slightly. "But it's something to get out minds off of things and just have some fun before we set off." Nova thought for a moment. "Unless you have another idea of course."
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Sit here and drink till I die?
    "No, I do not have a better idea... and I suppose neither of us being able to dance is probably going to even out our performance." said Arc, still faintly smiling at Nova. He sipped from his glass and looked at the ceiling. "Do you have a specific song you would like to dance to?"
    Nova Surge
    Nova Surge
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Nova Surge Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Nova kept her warm smile as she sipped down the rest of her drink, thinking. Eventually she settled on an answer to Arc's question, smirking slightly.

"I think I'll let you choose, considering I'm the one who asked you to dance." Nova smiled warmly once more. "I'll be fine with whatever you pick."
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:25 pm

"Alright then, but no promises on the results... or the embarrassment that might get targeted to our personae." said Arc. He lightly chuckled, then got up from the table and went to the jukebox. He stood there for a while, thinking of the appropriate song to pick, before the few whiskeys from before took a decisive voice and guided his hoof to punch in the number. He then went back to the table and held hoof to Nova in an old gesture he saw in the books, inviting her to dance as the machine picked the correct record and started to play. As Nova followed him in front of the jukebox, he tried to clumsily dance what the books refereed to as 'swing' with her.

Nova Surge
    Nova Surge
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Nova Surge Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Nova laughed slightly as well at Arc's comment before he trotted off to the jukebox. Nova waited patiently, smiling a little as she did so before smiling warmly and taking Arc's hoof when he offered it to her.

As the music began playing, Nova began to dance with Arc, doing so in a similar fashion as he did. Nova's movements were a little more confident, but nowhere near what someone might term practiced. Still, Nova tried to match Arc's movements, managing to keep her warm smile as they danced to the music, albeit clumsily, and just let the music help her.

Once the music had finished, Nova looked into Arc's eyes and smiled warmly again, lightly blushing from the dance.
    Shooting Spectrum
    Shooting Spectrum
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Shooting Spectrum Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:17 am

Spec looked around the market in awe, all of the voices flooding her as they all tried to compete with one another in volume, some putting on voices and funny accents, another method to attracting attention rather than pure volume. Some of the. Spectrum followed along side Flash but her wandering eye and giddy demeanor always made the passing vendors antsy as they tried to pull her gaze for longer. Flash had already bought the rope, and as he made his way to the stall that contained several guns her attention was drawn towards a more sturdy based survival method.

Trotting over she looked at all the armor the vendor had to over, Sure she loved her jacket and the fur lined collar no matter how worn and beaten but as she wasn't just delivering mail anymore something with a little extra oomph was needed. She knew she wanted something that would still let her be the agile little Pegasus and looking at her options the merc outfit was the one that fit her best "I'll take that Mercenary Outfit off your hands!" her voice coming out as if she was buying something that wasn't tainted with war and killing. With a quick back and forth with the vendor she was off. Quickly throwing over her new bought armor over her flight jacket giving the merc outfit just a bit of flare with the fur collar looking at herself in a passing mirror she liked the way it fit. She thought about getting some medical supplies but for now she needed to return to Flash seeing as he was done with his own transactions, She wanted to ask him if she should stock up on medical supplies, as she saw Winter get a few, but sometimes being over prepaird was always a good thing. She waited patiently for him to finish putting his new toys away she spotted an energy weapon, now she knew Flash was more so for guns as such it rather confused her as to why he might have bought such a weapon, especial one like that that must have a hefty price tag on it. But the mare just assumed that her own love for the weapon type rubbed off on her stallion friend. That is until he spoke of counting it as a gift to her.

It caught her off guard to say the least as she just looked from flash to the firefly and back, taking up several seconds before she let out an excited squeal and a short and rapid flutter of her wings before darting forward and nuzzling the chiz out of the Stallion repetitively saying 'thank you' over and over again gaining the attention of some passer-bys who gave the pair weird looks as a grown mare was now acting like nothing more than a filly. "Flash it's beautiful!" In a fit of excitement she eyeballed the thing, lowering her head to the ground as she eyed it from front to back, looking at the five magazines that it came with, mumbling to herself she gawked over her present "Sixty shots for every one of these, and I got five, that's three hundred shots of devastating force." Not much when you consider how fast this things fires but that's why you make every shot count and she planned to do so.

With one last squee she jumped up and over her new precious to the gun vendor, throwing her old 9mm on the counter in disgust, finally happy to be rid of the thing with the quickest of glances she eyed the remaining of his energy weapons "I'll take one of your plasma pistols if you would" the firefly was nice but having only one gun when having two was an option was the mark of either to much gusto or one having a lame brain. Tossing the caps on the counter and putting the gun away she made her way back over to Flash putting on the firefly and taking a once over, it would defiantly take some use to, her previous plan to stay light on her feet now tossed out the window. But she was happy with where she was now.

"So lets say we get home and inform our pup sitter of his duties?" she laughed as she started off, seeing that everyone was content in his or her own way, not to mention Arc had already gone off with Nova, making note of where and when to meet before heading off fully expecting Flash to follow her.

_________Quick Update HUD_______________
    HP : 223
    DT : 13
    --OUTFIT EFF.: :+5 Melee, +5 Gun
    AMMO:

Firefly -- 5(x60)=300
      Plasma Pistol -- 5(x16)=80

__________SHOPPING!_______________
    TOTAL CAPS :4290

Bought

x1: Mercenary Outfit
      x1: Plasma Pistol

Selling

x1: 9mm Pistol
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:43 pm

The night saw Nova and Arc share a few more dances. Arc's mind, for the first time in few weeks, managed to think of something else than how guilty it felt for the Stable 113's second death. The way Nova continued to smile on him felt... nice. Soothingly, warming inside and making one happy kind of nice. Yet, he had to be up early tomorrow, so, after another glass of whiskey, Arc said his farewell.

As he was getting up from the table, he stopped. "Nova... question. Since you're not exactly a citizen here...have you got a place to stay?" Then Arc's mind caught up with his mouth and he awkwardly smiled, slightly blushing. "I mean... I got a free couch. Not exactly the best sleep in the world, but... I'd say it beats the hotel. I really just meant that. Really."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:16 am