Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+6
Galactic Dash
Safiya
Lightning Flash
Kestrel
Cross Roads
Winter Bell
10 posters

Breaking the Nightmare

Zestari
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Breaking the Nightmare - Page 8 Empty Re: Breaking the Nightmare

Post by Zestari Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:41 am

When it was clear that there was something alive in the building, she did what any self-preserving zebra would, and dove to the ground behind the brickwork out of sight of the door. She released the safety and looked towards the doorway in mild panic, her ears resting against her head, waving her gun towards the door, expecting something horrible to unfold.

Eyes wide, there were a few tense moments before she calmed slightly at the absence of gunfire or movement. In fact… she twitched her ears, were those voices she could hear? She relaxed slightly, not hostile, slowly she got back to her hooves, and warily re-joined the others, remaining quiet as the others yelled things out to those hiding inside.
    Game Warden
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:41 pm

The ponies inside were quite for a moment, even after the group replied to them. There more perceptive would hear them whispering to each other, however the whispers were too quiet for them to make any sense of it. The ponies inside went quiet again before the one who spoke before, spoke up for the second time. It seemed as though he was going to reply to Kestrel but Cross's words had caught his attention more. "And if we did know this.... Winter Bell was it?" he began, "What would you want with this pony?" he asked.

While all of this continued Ashen seemed to have his attention some place else. As his eyes scanned the walls of the interior he would notice certain walls were more hollow then others, giving him a means to shoot through the walls at the ponies if this broke out into something ugly.

Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Sensing that perhaps bloodshed could be avoided Kestrel again spoke up.

"To save her, or to stop her depending on what we find." Kestrel said, trying to keep the things a bit cryptic, for all he knew the people in the building were slavers of some kind. Though the hesitation in their tones earlier was not pointing to that outcome...it paid to be cautious. Especially out here, in the wastes.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Dash listened harder to the conversation, and saw that the ponies ahead of them were stalling them, "Hey." Dash said ahead of them, "If you gotta know, we're her friends. I know her from Friendship City. All we want to do is save her."
    Ashen Coat
    Ashen Coat
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Ashen Coat Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:12 pm

Ashen took a mental note of the holes in the wall as the others continued to negotiation with building's occupants. He made no move to take a position by a hole yet, he didn't want to make a hostile move and ensure that a firefight would occur. And if the conversation was any indication, this very well may end peacefully, although he didn't want to take a risk assuming that was going to be the outcome.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:27 am

Cross peaked his muzzle around the corner to make sure they heard him, pressing his side to make sure they heard what he had to say. Breathing in deeply he held his breath for a few seconds. He took off his weapons and threw them by the door way. If thing went ugly, hopefully the others would manage to hold them off for enough time to let him teleport out of trouble ....before they landed too many shots. Inhaling, he called out,

"Alright, my weapons are on the ground, I'm unarmed, I'm coming out" Cross walked about and held his hooves wide and open, indicating he didn't have anything still on his person. He tried to gaze around the room and assess the situation as quickly as he could. His heart beating wildly at how crazy he might've been at that moment. But at the same time, it felt comforting, he did it for all the right reasons. Regardless he let out a sigh as he viewed the room.

"Alright, may I come in? I'm only looking for information to save Winter."
    Zestari
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:51 am

Zestari didn’t think adding another voice to the cacophony of demanding shouts would be a good idea or help the situation, so merely stood nearby and observed nervously as Cross put all of his weapons down and started to approach the hiding ponies within and asked for entry. She looked at the others in the group seeking some sort of instruction for what she should be doing.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Lightning listened closely to the voices inside the building, trying to find some indication or sign that they were going to turn hostile at any moment. From their hesitation, it didn't seem as they were going to be dangerous but it was better to stay safe than sorry. Continuing to hold his position against the wall next to the door, the pegasus watched as Cross began putting his weapons down and request to come into the room. That was not only risky but if something went wrong, it'll be tough to get the unicorn out before they could return fire.

Lightning would look over at Kes, waiting for an instruction or at least something. There had to be a better plan than standing around this doorway yelling and praying they wouldn't get shot.
    Game Warden
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:31 am

The pony behind the table yelled "Stop!" he said as Cross trotted in. They paused as they whispered to each other again. After another moments pause the pony slowly stood up from behind his cover, a mare beside him doing the same as they slowly pointed their weapons up and away from the group. "Alright... you can come talk, but no funny business. Put them weapons away and we wont have no trouble" he said as him and the mare put their weapons away, "My name is Venture, most folks call me Vent, and this here is my eldest daughter, Lotus" he said as he picked up the table, setting it in it's previous spot. "If we know the same pony then you better speak with Little Horn, he's out back. Follow me and mind your manners" he said as him and his daughter turned to lead the group further inside the building, which seemed to consist of more then just the building itself, as a few buildings had collapsed together behind it.

As the group moved on the pony behind the wall and the two that had been positioned to the right revealed themselves. They were cautious of the group as they passed and had their weapons drawn, but pointed away. Vent and Lotus took them down a long hall and through a set of doors into a larger lobby area of another building. They passed some more ponies here and there, all of them stopping to regard the group with curiosity and caution as they passed through. Eventually Vent and Lotus led them to a room which had a bed, in the bed was a large unicorn pony stallion who looked to them as they came in. "Wh-who are these folk Vent?" he asked as his eyes looked to each of them. Venture looked to the group before looking back, "These folk claim they might know the pony who came through here not a few days ago" he said. The unicorn pony known as Little Horn nodded to Vent to dismiss him and looked to the group as Vent and Lotus moved to wait outside the room.

The old unicorn pony looked at them for a moment after Vent left and spoke, "Don't stand unceremoniously, come in, before you let the heat out" he said, waiting for them to come in so he could get a better look, "Now why don't you start by telling me why you're here and what you want with that pony... and don't be lying to me cause I'll know" he said and coughed a little before settling down.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Kestrel was not exactly comfortable with the idea, but he obeyed the deal presented to him by Venture and his group, and holstered all of his weapons into their proper places once again. There was no way in hell Kes would be dropping them on the ground like Cross had.

He motioned for the others to secure their gear and then follow.

As the group was lead into the building Kes let Cross lead, his mind already wandering again. So, Winter had been through here not long ago. At least that was something...right? Maybe this other pony knew more, Little Horn was it?

He got his answer soon enough.

Little horn was an older unicorn it would seem. Had a bit of a cough with him, though whether it was disease or just old age catching up to him Kes didn't know. Waiting till the others finished filing in Kestrel took the time to shut the door so that the group could keep some of the heat in the room inside, and earn a bit of privacy.

Knowing how jittery the folks outside were though, there would probably be a line next to the door waiting on them when this conversation was over.

Hearing the bucks question Kes decided to let Cross once again do the talking. He was here to save his mare, Kes was here to fix his mistake before it got out of talon.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Cross quietly examined his surroundings as he came in. If Winter helped these ponies then they shouldn't need to worry too much. He followed Venture as they passed through several remnants of this broken city. The sharp stench causing him to take light breaths as the group treaded softly.

"Yea...my marefriend, she left town and came this way...I found a message from her leading us to the chalk flowers. She was a doctor.... she came back to help" His jaw clenched as he said that last part.

"I assume she saw you..."
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Dash narrowed his eyes, like Kestrel he did not like this either. Just because they seemed to be willing to talk, didn't mean they were friendly. He returned his 10mm SMG to his back, but kept his .357 revolver in its holster without being clipped in. He did not want to be caught unarmed by cowardly slavers if he could avoid it. Such an idea really rustled his jimmies.
    Zestari
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:21 am

Following Kestrel’s instructions Zestari re-holstered her firearm and quickly trotted up close behind Kestrel, still very nervous about whoever was hiding inside the building. Following Kestrel who was following Cross inside she lightly stepped after him.

When Venture introduced himself and then Lotus, Zestari calmed greatly. A pony had to be okay if they had children and family, right? She smiled nervously and introduced herself as gracefully as she could manage in the current circumstances, “I am Zestari,” she began with a bow of her head, “I thank you for allowing us entry into your shelter.” She smiled at the pair, before following them down the hallway towards Little Horn.

As they passed each pony or group of ponies, Zestari gave them all a broad smile and if they had the time, a short introduction. Strange looks, suspicion, confusion, for a zebra in the equestrian wasteland, everything was as normal as it ever was.

Finally they came across the pony called Little Horn. He was in a bed, looked tired and when he coughed as he requested them to come in, Zestari’s thoughts instantly went to his health. Winter had been here, did she help this unicorn? Was it enough? Was there more Zestari might help with? Was he waiting for Winter to return with medicine of some sort? Too many questions; Zestari shook her head, and decided to ask the simplest and most obvious.

As Cross finished his question, with narrow eyes Zestari quickly asked, “Are you okay?”
    Game Warden
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:27 am

The unicorn stallion smile a little, but it faded quickly, "Ahhh yes, Winter Bell" he said as he sat up. He looked to Zestari and nodded, "I'm fine thank you, I still have some life in my old bones" he joked and coughed a little as he tried to laugh. He got out of the bed slowly, wincing as he got to his hooves. It was no secret that he was old and age had taken it's tole on the stallion, but what was quite impressive was the sheer size of the buck. He wasn't quite the same as Kestrel who towered most creatures, but it was easy to tell that in his prime he had been a strong, proud stallion. When he was stable on his hooves he looked to the group. "Now I believe we can have a better conversation, rather then have you talk to an old coot laying in his bed" he said before he thought for a moment on what the yellow one had said.

He looked to Cross, searchingly for a moment before nodding, "If you are her stallion-friend then you must be Cross Roads" he began, taking a pause to size up the young buck. "She spoke highly of you, although when I asked her why you weren't here she wasn't very responsive. Which leads me to believe she might not have been so forth coming with her idea of coming out here" he said with a tone inflection which suggested it as a question, though some what rhetorical as he continued without an answer, "So in answer to your question, yes, she was here and I knew her, She helped me walk again" he said with a brighter smile which once again faded, "Though I regret to inform you that she left for the abandoned hospital further towards the inner city... something about it being a unique part of her plan" he said, before trotting slowly to a chair and sitting down, the standing taking a tole on his old body.

Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Kestrel felt his muscles grow taught at the mention of the Inner City. What the hell was Winter thinking, if she got caught there the thing's they'd do to her were...

They had to get to her. ASAP.

"What the hell are you doing Winter..."
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Lightning had holstered his weapon and followed the group quietly as they somewhat defused the situation without any gunfire. They were taken to meet some pony toward the back of the building and surprisingly, they did see Winter past by...but they missed her and now she was heading deeper into the city. Looking towards Cross, he tried to gauge his reaction. This was not good at all.
    Ashen Coat
    Ashen Coat
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Ashen Coat Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:38 am

Ashen silently listened to the elder unicorn, his Bolt Gun safely resting in its holster. If the news that Winter Bell was heading for somewhere in the inner city worried him in anyway, and it didn’t, his face did not show it, maintaining its flat look.

However, he was intelligent and perceptive enough to know that it worried everyone else quite a bit, even Kestrel was tensing up, something he’d had rarely seen the griffon exhibiting.

Of course Ashen was aware of the dangers, unless he’s lacking information he’s always aware of the dangers and constantly takes them into account. However, even knowing and calculating the risk, it still didn’t dissuade him. Not only was the better salvage deeper in the city, exactly where they was going, turning back now wouldn’t be wise, as being alone would greatly decrease his chances of survival at this point. The trick would be to get what he was looking for without slowing the group down or being extremely overt about it, he knew that was the agreement he made with Kestrel, his skills for the opportunity to scavenge, but he didn’t necessarily make that agreement with Cross, and judging from the other unicorn’s actions up to this point, angering him by slowing the group down in any way would not be wise, especially at this point where his marefriend was possibly in significant danger.

If they ran into something...interesting enough, however, he may take that risk. Hopefully the group will have taken advantage of his skills extensively by that point, he’d have an easier time justifying it if that is the case.

In the end, Ashen remained silent as the others debated their next action, he had nothing to say at this point.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Dash wrinkled his nose when the ponies inside explained themselves. As a pony who had known Winter since they were younger, he of course valued her as a friend. He wanted to find somepony to growl at for letting her go wherever she had in this goddesses-forsaken place, but for now he just stayed quiet, if their search came up in vain, Dash planned on coming right back here and having a very serious conversation with these ponies, likely with his .357 to their heads.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Cross silently sighed and stood for a minute, contemplating everything he just heard. No, she hadn't said anything, if he could feel anything other than the powerful urge to go get her home, it would be anger. He was still hurt she had gone ...he could've helped her....protected her. But it was too late to delve into the realms of possibilities and 'what-ifs. That was done now, but he still wanted to get Winter safely home beyond any petty selfish reasons. He was doing this out of love.

With a blank expression on his face he turned his gaze to meet the sick Stallion's. "No she didn't....Please, do you know how we can find her? we don't have a lot of time....any weapons you can spare could help as well. We just need to get going" He said with a silent brooding.
    Game Warden
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:33 pm

The old buck listened and gave a sympathetic look to the yellow buck and nodded. He paused and thought for a moment, taking a little more time since age had well and truly caught up with him. He looked up after a minute and looked to Safiya, "Would you open that door for me... I need to speak with some pony" he said with a wink. The gryphoness walked over and opened the door to see Venture collapse in front of her followed shortly by his daughter Lotus. "Eavesdropping isn't a a desirable trait Venture" chuckled the old stallion before moving on to why he wanted to speak with him. "I believe we have been careless in letting Miss Bell and her escort head off into the city, so I would like you to take these folk to our armory and let them pick up a few things" he said. Venture looked like he had been slapped, "But...but!" he began but was cut short, "No buts, just see it done" he said, earning a frustrated sound as a response from the buck. Little Horn looked to the group, "Now you better run along and find her before the slavers do... if they get her first... well... let's just say she will be in seven shades of hell" he said, "And don't you worry about thanking me... consider it payment for your mare-friend fixing me up" he said as he took a stand once more.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Lightning sighed a little and walking up to Cross, he put a hoof on his shoulder. He couldn't find the words to say anything that wouldn't possibly be a lie or give some promise that he knew for certainty that he could fulfill but at least he gave the stallion the gesture that he was going to stick by his side until this was over.

Giving Cross a nod, the pegasus returned to all four hooves as he turned to watch the old stallion call out to Safiya and ask her to open the door. Just as this pony walked in, it sounded like his name was Venture, the buck gave the pony orders to take them to the armory. That was good. Now they can gather some weaponry. He would wait until Kes, Cross, or one of the others began moving before following suit. Silently, he prayed that they weren't going to be too late.
    Kestrel
    Kestrel
    Level 18
    Level 18

Post by Kestrel Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Kestrel narrowed his gaze, still rather untrusting of the ponies around him. He'd go along with things for now though...free gear was not something he eaisly turned down.

Things were not all pegasi and rainbooms however. He had a feeling something bad was going to happen...and he had something he needed to do after this, once the team was away from the group of ponies and back on the road.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Cross silently nodded at the old stallion, and his hooves shuffled behind the guide. He didn't give Flash a answer but didn't look at him either, his mind was on only making sure he got all he could of this pony, both in terms of information and maybe even some materials along the way, any ammo or weapons could save them out there, especially in a city of corners like Filly.

As Cross matched his hoofsteps he tried to ease the tension abit, even if there was no relief for himself. "How can we get to the hospital from here? and where is 'here' who are all of you?"
    Game Warden
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 pm

The old buck realized his mistake and chuckled to himself, "I almost forgot to you that" he said as he racked his brains, "Well... it's north east of here, along the main road and off to the right through the ruins of a few abandoned buildings, we'll send you out the back door of this place, if you follow the road you can't miss it" he said before ha answered his second question, "As for us, well, we're slavers" he admitted without any hint of remorse or shame, "We would have probably snatched up your mare, if she hadn't have helped us out" he said before going into a small coughing fit. He stopped and looked over, "And she is also the reason you're not in cages right now" he finished finally.
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Cross's heart lept at the mention of slavers. He would've asked him to elaborate, but there wasn't any reason to just start dropping bodies here. "I see" Cross gave a look to the others to behave, he didn't have any patience at this point and he just wanted to grab any provisions and leave. Sure they were slavers, but for now they were friends, or at least helpful scum.

"I see" Cross said without any judgment or condemnation in his voice. "Interesting..." There wasn't anything more to this, they'd get help and leave. Anypony with him would understand that they needed to stay calm ...otherwise he'd sooner make sure they didn't disturb this stroke of luck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:11 pm