Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

4 posters

Synnefo's Updated Registration (Relevant to storyline)

Synnefo
    Synnefo
    Level 1
    Level 1

Synnefo's Updated Registration (Relevant to storyline) Empty Synnefo's Updated Registration (Relevant to storyline)

Post by Synnefo Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:06 pm

==Basic Information==
    Name:Synnefo
    Race:Pegasus Pony

==Physical Description==
    Picture:https://imgur.com/mf2Ts
    Coat Colour:Aquamarine
    Mane and Tail Colour:Dark Blue and Light Green
    Eye Colour:Yellow
    Cutie Mark:Book with a cloud on one of the pages

==Personality==
    Synnefo is a strong hearted, confident little colt, who at times can be a little shy when meeting new ponies, because he feels as if his father hating him is his fault. He feels extremely guilty of killing his mother during child birth, but it really wasn't his fault. His mother's death is also the reason why his father hasn't taken a liking to him. He is very kind hearted, but likes it when things are going his way most of the time. (He won't tell you though, he wouldn't want to hurt your feelings.) Syn also has a tendency not to be the one to look to during serious situations. He will be there for assistance, but most of the time will be rocking himself in a corner in a ball. Syn's main goal in life is to grow up, get married, have children of his own. He also wants all of the fighting to stop, and for Equestria to go back to the way it was. (But honestly, who doesen't?)

==History==
    Syn was born, of all places, in stable 113. But let’s go back before then, to when he was still in his mother’s womb.

Syn's mother and father were two very educated Pegasus ponies, who read all about books on times before the apocalypse. They read of clouds, and the city called cloudsdale where all of the Pegasus ponies lived in peace with each other. They thought clouds were elegant, peaceful, and beautiful, which were all of the traits they were looking in a little filly/colt. So, before he was born they named him Synnefo, which is ancient equestrian for cloud.

But alas, merely days before Syn was born his mother became sickly ill, and was only able to give birth to Syn seconds before she was killed. Syn's father became very angry, as if something snapped inside of his brain. He blamed Syn for the death of his beloved wife, and held it against Syn for the rest of his life. Syn, believing his father, was always shy, and was embarrassed to come out in public due to the guilt that he felt.

However, Syn still was fascinated with learning, and
    despite his circumstances, learned as much as he
    could. Syn was absolutely fascinated with knowledge.
    There really was no such thing as "learning too
    much" for Syn. But the subject that made Syn the
    most anticipated with learning was clouds.

Anything on clouds, where they were, what they did, and most importantly, being a pegasus, that he could control them and lay on them. He was overjoyed! He just
    couldn't get enough of clouds! The only thing that
    truly brought Syn out of his shell was to ask for
    more information on clouds.

One day Syn decided to ask the overmare if she knew anything about clouds.Seeing the excitement in the little pegasus' eyes, the overmare lied and told Syn she knew nothing about the subject, but would like to know more. Syn, now a walking, whispering dictionary on
    all things clouds, told the overmare everything he
    knew. The overmare was very surprised at the little
    Pegasus' excitement and spirit in this insane-
    going-more-insane​ stable. So, the overmare decided
    it was best for the shy Pegasus to become an
    archivist.

After explaining what an archivist is
    (making sure to mention the fact that archivists don't
    need to talk to anyone to gain knowledge) Syn
    accepted the job position, and got his cutie mark
    the first day on the job. A book with a cloud on one of the pages.

All was fine for little Syn until "it" happened.
    Fast forward about 6 years.

Turns out all of the ponies started to go a little... crazy. To Syn's knowledge apparently somepony had a disease of some sort, and was spreading it through the stable. Syn had gone through too much in life just to let a disease run him down. He was going to have children some day, he was sure of it. So, naturally he hid from all of the chaos that night. He heard screams coming from outside, there was fire in a nearby building, everything Syn knew seemed to slip from him as pure insanity went through the stable. Syn spent the entire night rocking himself back and forth as the screams outside kept getting worse.

On the day of his 14th birthday, the doors to the stable were opened, and Syn was, to say the least, terrified. After what had happened the night before, Syn was a little reluctant to come out of his hiding place. However, the ear shattering creak of the doors opening made him curious for he had never heard such a noise in the stable. He got up and looked at the now opened doors. There, staring back at him, was harsh, cold, reality. The coulds were dark, the soil was dry, no signs of life anywhere. It was just too much to bear for this little pegasus. Syn knew that
    the entire world was in ruins, from rumors from a few friends, but he didn't expect it to look as horrible as this! Syn then blacked out.
    About 3 days after the doors were opened, Syn came to. Nearly to the brink of starvation, he began humming "Happy Birthday" to himself. He then jumped when he heard somepony calling out. Syn got up and looked. A few yards away, a Pegasus a few years older than him was looking around. She called out again. "Is anybody here? I was flying and saw everyone coming outside and wondered what happened. Can somepony tell me what’s going on?" Syn, who was too tired to care about not being socially active, decided to weakly trot over and say hello. "Oh... Hello" Syn said sleepily "What’s your name?" "It's Cheimon" said the Pegasus "What are you doing here all alone?"

Syn, in his tired state, explained to her his entire life story. Which started at his mother’s death, and ended at when the doors were opened. Cheimon pondered, and decided to give Syn an offer. "What would you say if you could come and live with me?" Syn was overjoyed! A little bit too overjoyed... "Of course I wou- wou- " Syn passed out again from the lack of food.

Syn then woke up in a bedroom, with Chei standing over him. "Oh good you're awake!" Syn was too tired to respond, but he smiled. "Now, try to stay awake. You've been in isolation for quite some time now, and you have quite a bit to catch up on.

Cheimon explained to Syn what had happened over the last few years, how everything has gone to waste. She showed him her branded flank with the Dashite symbol, and explained to Syn what she was. Syn, after about 3 hours of listening to Chei tell him about the wastes, decided he would stay with Chei for a while, a long while, because from what he's heard, the outside world isn't fit for him just yet.

Syn decided to live with Chei after she told him about everything. He didn't really want to go out into the wastes yet because if he were to go out, his inability to successfully socially interact would render him useless and alone in the wastes, and he would probably end up dead. He and Chei both help collect food for each other, and they work together really well. Syn hopes to one day, if he needs to, go out and meet some new ponies in the wastes.

==SPECIAL==
    Strength:5
    Perception:7
    Endurance:6
    Charisma:5
    Intelligence:7
    Agility:6
    Luck:5

==Secondary Attributes==
    Health:160
    DT:5
    AP:32
    RM:6
    Crit Threshold:96
    Botch Threshold:6
    Dodge:18

==Skills==
    Barter:19
    Energy Weapons:23
    Explosives:23
    Guns:21
    Lockpick:38 [TAG]
    Medicine:23
    Melee:34 [TAG]
    Repair:23
    Science:23
    Sneak:36 [TAG]
    Speech:19
    Survival:21
    Unarmed:21

==Racial Attributes==
    Pegasus Pony
    Natural DT: 2
    Natural unarmed damage: 2
    Can learn Equestrian martial arts.
    On a Wing and a Prayer: Capable of flight.
    Leaf on the Wind: +5 to dodge rolls while flying.
    Flyin’ Circles Round Ya: Can increase Agility to 12 via perks.

==Traits==
    Life of the party
    Small Frame

==Perks==

==Inventory==
    A 9mm Pistol
    A knife
    300 caps worth of money

Last edited by Synnefo on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:40 am; edited 16 times in total
    Ashen Coat
    Ashen Coat
    Level 5
    Level 5

Synnefo's Updated Registration (Relevant to storyline) Empty Re: Synnefo's Updated Registration (Relevant to storyline)

Post by Ashen Coat Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Alright, as you requested, here are my thoughts on your character sheet.

First things first, you should run this through a spellchecker because I already see a few spelling errors.

Second, you really should probably expand on your character's personality. There is barely anything here. I'm sure there's more you can say about him then just a paragraph. While we're at personality, this line seems weird to me: "...who at times can be a little shy when meeting new ponies due to the fact that he feels guilty of killing his mother during child birth." I mean, what's the connection here? Why would he feel shy around ponies because his mother died in childbirth? Either expand upon this or revise it to make more sense.

Next..."But lets go back before then, to when he was still in his mothers stomach."...That's not how pregnancy works. Better change this to 'in his mother's womb' before I have images of a baby floating on somepony's stomach acid...Too late.

Next, the origin of his name...Which seems rather silly honestly, as you seemed to have just created a made-up word out of nowhere, and just called it 'Ancient Equestrian'. If you're going to go with that angle, at least use some proper Latin or something. 'Nubis' (Latin for Cloudy) would probably be a great name if you were going with that, and honestly Synnefo is fairly silly sounding.

"Syn, believing his father, was always shy, and was embarrassed to come out in public due to the guilt that he felt." Erm, same issue I had before really. Embarrassment doesn't really make too much sense in the context.

Now for his Cutie Mark...It doesn't make too much sense. His Special Talent is wanting to see clouds? That's not really much of a talent, or a talent at all really. It's more of a goal. You should probably revise and think this over.

Next, his departure...You really should talk about what he did when half the Stable went crazy and tried to kill everyone, you know, the entire reason the Stable Doors opened? Seriously, you need to mention this, you can't just say 'Synnefo walked out and stuff happened'.

As for the last part, Cheimon, you really should expand upon this a lot more. Who is Cheimon? Why did he decide to help you? Is he from the wasteland or was he another stablepony from 113? What does he do? How did he help you? What did he teach you? These are things you really need to answer.

One last thing...The character's age. I'm really not fond with the idea of him being pretty much a foal. How is he going to do anything in the wastes? No one is going to want to take him out for dangerous quests or adventures, because he's a foal and there's nothing obvious about him that would indicate that he'd be useful in any way. You're just not going to be able to do much with him, logically somepony his age would just stay in Stableton and not actually do anything our characters would normally do.

And if you're aware of my other character, Violet, and know that she's pretty much around Synnefo's age and think I'm being a hypocrite, don't. Violet has character traits and skills that actually make her suited for the wasteland, from being very willing and capable of killing as well as being the sneakiest pony on the site, to actually living by herself in the wasteland for two years. Not only that she's actually older then Synnefo, by nearly two years. (She's turning 15 in a thread soon). She can easily go on quests with others, but Synnefo, a Stable Pony who probably hasn't done much outside of Stableton? No one is going to take him.

If you want my advice, and you asked so I assume you do, either give a good reason why anyone would want to take Synnefo at any point, or bump up his age, to perhaps 16. 16 would make him old enough for adventures, while still making him rather young compared to most of the site's characters.

I'll look at your stats later, but for now focus on your character and what I've said, as it is the most important part of your sheet.
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Synnefo's Updated Registration (Relevant to storyline) Empty Re: Synnefo's Updated Registration (Relevant to storyline)

Post by Crackle Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Your history looks more solid now, but you still need to expand on your personality some and explain Cheimon more Also, 5 days is a long time to spend unconscious. 3 would probably work better. I haven't looked at the math yet, so fix those first and I'll take a look at the math once your bio is up to snuff

EDIT: As ashen said, you should talk more about the night the stable went crazy. That's a fairly significant part of any character that came from S113.
    Crackle
    Crackle
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Crackle Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:03 am

Backstory & personality look good. All thats left to fix is your HP. It should be 160 because of your 'Small Frame' trait. Also, all the 15 points from your tagged skills right into the total. You don't need to list the new total after.

Also, we would like you to consider changing your name to something more along the lines of a standard Pegasus name. It isn't required, but it would be appreciated.
    Zestari
    Zestari
    Level 9
    Level 9

Post by Zestari Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:54 am

Hi, Synnefo. I am ready to accept this application, but I have some concerns over the way you’ve constructed your backstory. So before I accept this, would you be willing to participate in a short RP so that I can better gauge your skills and attitude?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:34 am