Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+13
Scrap Parts
Galactic Dash
Cross Roads
Bakewell Tart
Violet Star
Xeshir
Nova Surge
Bone Head
Arc Weld
Aquilinus
Marcus
Rad Boom
Cuppa Beans
17 posters

I Can Have a Dark Side IC (Closed)

Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

I Can Have a Dark Side IC (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can Have a Dark Side IC (Closed)

Post by Violet Star Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:47 pm

“Oooh. Maybe, that’d be pretty interesting! Although they’d probably all be evil if that’s the case. It usually is. Hope you brought your zappy hooves Bakey!”

Violet looked around the camp as they entered. There were many ponies here, almost all of them recognizable to Violet, either just passingly or more familiarity. Heck, even most of the people from her last...’Adventure’ were here! The only ones missing were Winter and a couple others.

She waved at Lightning when he greeted her, bright smile on her face. “Hey Light!” she called back. “Nice to see you too!”

Soon another familiar pony arrived at the camp, one Violet had predicted would come.

“Oh hey Scrap!” Violet called as she turned towards the approaching unicorn. “I knew we’d see you here!” she said with a grin.

Another familiar face approached, the griffon Violet treated in Stalliongrad. The one who was a raider. The one Violet wasn't particularly happy to see. Bone Head.

She really needed to get around to finding his raider group at some point and take care of them in the dead of the night...

Regardless, the filly put on a partially-fake smile as she turned towards the griffon. "Oh hi Bone Head! Didn't think I'd see you here." she answered, giving a sideways glance at Bakewell.

Violet’s glowing eyes cast around the camp, making note of everypony, and zebra and griffon, here. Although she did notice something odd, a familiar brown unicorn hiding behind a rock. Which, while she was sure blocked him from sight well enough for everyone else, did little to hinder her own vision.

“...Why is Arcy hiding behind a rock?” she asked nopony in particular.

Last edited by Violet Star on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cuppa Beans
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

I Can Have a Dark Side IC (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can Have a Dark Side IC (Closed)

Post by Cuppa Beans Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Cuppa gave a smile that had a hint of curiosity... What was he saying when he said those weird words? Was he speaking in Zebra tongues or something? She'd have to ask soon, lest she drive herself mad wondering what it meant.

Then the zebra introduced himself, Marcus, an alchemist? So he messed around with ingredients until something worked, basically? Well, it was certainly a living to have... If not one she wouldn't be fond of, think of the stuff you'd have to mess around with to find something that worked with something else. But it was his choice, she was sure he enjoyed his antics, why else would he be so cheerful?

"Muh name's Cuppa Beans, ah'm a medical pony here in Stableton." She explained briefly, but with a quick glance around, she frowned. "Seems like nopony is comin' this way. We may as well head out." She said, ensuring she was ready to be on the move before she looked to Marcus. "Let's go, two is better than one." She said softly.

"What were those weird words you were saying anyway?" She asked whilst they both headed off towards the Stable and the camp.
    -------------

Meanwhile, the camp was full of life as about a dozen ponies and a griffon and a couple of zebras arrived within due course.

There were five ponies originally at this camp.
    The first of which was a unicorn mare, appearing to be so vibrant it was unreal, an amber coat gracing her body with a flowing, glossy mane and tail of gold and what seemed to be a body glove that painfully contrasted her glorious colours, as it was dark blue with stripes of purple gracing it. Her cutiemark was not visible at this time.

The second, another unicorn, happened to be a buck. Unlike the vibrant mare in the group, he had rather dull colours to him, such as short cut mane and tail of black and a coat of soft grey, a medical lab-coat covering most of him and obscuring his cutiemark. But he seemed rather a serious pony.

Thirdly, a second buck and a third unicorn... What was it with this group and being unicorns? Anyway, this stallion was scrawny compared to the others, almost sickly so. Sharp eyes would spot a pip-buck on his left forehoof, tucked out of sight by a pocket-laden jacket that covered his fore legs and torso, but revealed a silvery coat, almost like a fancy computer casing...
    His scruffy mane and tail seemed to resemble copper wiring, all loose and wild. He could've been compared to looking shockingly similar to Scrap Parts, really.
    Though, his cutiemark was on show, revealing a group of starts sparking from a wire.

Yet another unicorn, yet another buck. But this one bore a striking resemblance to the group's very own Rad Boom, if in mane and cutiemark only. His mane and tail being a rather glaring neon green and black combo throwing itself out to further contrast an off-white coat.
    Not to mention, this pony was far better built than his allies, if physique was anything to go by.
    His mane plaited and tied off, so to not let it get in the way and neatly lay against his armour, which had something that could only be explained as his cutiemark painted on the hind-quarters of his armour.
    ....Was that an egg going nuclear? That was, that buck had a damned nuclear egg on his arse... And he was looking at Rad with suspicion after the pony's frantic greeting of everypony.

The last one was a huge difference from the others, it was firstly an earth pony, and secondly it was a she... Very out of place considering the first four being unicorns. Regardless, she had donned overalls of some sort, which seemed stained with greases and oils of all mechanical varieties, protecting her orange coat and grease-black mane and tail... that could've easily been coloured by grease and oil alone, so it was a good idea to keep a match away from that one. Though, she proudly had a welding torch... albeit a broken one, displayed on her rump, clearly it was her cutiemark.

The more observant of ponies would notice three of the five all wore a badge of sorts that had a purple star on it. Both the scrawny buck and the earth pony didn't seem to have one, perhaps it was a personal fashion statement?

Radiant Waves just grinned to the armoured buck who'd doubted her broadcast half an hour ago. "Told you we'd get volunteers~" She snickered, gazing over the group before her eyes froze upon one of the members of the group, causing the mare to slowly turn and smile at her green and black maned counterpart.

She coughed once and the green and black maned buck looked away from Rad and at the pony Radiant had just seen. Granted, as he looked at the pony, he didn't need to see much before his focus returned to Rad. "Oi, little mista Boom." He said gruffly, nudging the heap of pony on the floor. "Where you from?" He asked, keeping focus on Rad for the time being.

Meanwhile, Radiant Waves decided to draw attention to herself, if only to make introductions easy.

During this time, both Cuppa Beans and Marcus were just arriving, talking over whatever they happened to be talking about.

Radiant's horn glowed softly, the colour matching her mane wonderfully. "HELLO EVERYPONY." Her voice echoed, before she meeped at her own voice. "Heh... Okay, maybe that spell isn't needed for introductions..." She said dismissively.

"Anyway, greetings everypony, I guess you heard my message, yes? Well wonderful!" She cheered enthusiatically, then continuing her speech. "First things first! Allow me to introduce my team. I am Radiant Waves, that lovely voice you all heard on the radio that lead you here." She suddenly moved, leaping towards the green and black maned stallion. "This is Bada Boom, he's more or less our explosives expert in this little group of ours. He's not as explosive as his namesake, trust me." She snickered a little at her own little joke, not that it was that great...

Then she moved to the grey buck with the short mane. "This bundle of smiles and sunshine is Clean Cut, he was the pony I mentioned on the message, you know, who couldn't feel anything live in the Stable. He's our doctor pony, if you're hurting at all, please go see him before we head in."

Radiant flourished and found herself behind the scrawny buck, smiling at the group. "Everypony else, Cyber Star. Cyber Star, everypony else. Star is going to open the Stable up for us, he's been working on a matrix that can crack the lockdown so we can get in there."

Radiant then cartwheeled to the last pony, the earth pony mare. "And lastly! This is the lovely Amber Core, she's sorta hired help... as we didn't have anypony at the ready who could work machines and be reliable at the time. So we found her on the way and hired her. She's been good so far, so treat her nicely please!" It seemed Radiant had just about as much, if not more energy than before as she finished introductions. "If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, we'll be going in.... five minutes!"

Radiant then calmed down and her focus landed on one pony, the yellow unicorn with his cape and hood. She gestured with her eyes for him to come over, he'd hopefully go with the base instinct of doing so alone, they needed to have words.
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Rad looked up as he was nudged, seeing the unicorn that looked strangely similar to him. "How d'you know my name?" Though as soon as he said the he realised he had told them his name upon his very sudden arrival... "Wait... Never mind..." He gave an awkward smile to the unicorn, knowing that he'd just made a fool of himself. And it was then that Radiant Waves appeared to inform everypony just who the unicorn in front of him was. Bada Boom... Boom... Ohhhh.... Crap... Those who had worked around Rad before would know that many things didn't faze him really, to the point of reckless stupidity often. But how quickly Rad went from tired, to alert and worried was a sight for anypony.

"Uhh... I'm from Manehattan... Uhm Friendship City! ...Why?" Rad looked at the unicorn with a little fear. They had the same name, which meant there was a good chance they were related, and Rad tried to avoid his family for a reason, generally because he never seemed to fit in around them, he was so wildly different. Then again he hadn't met many members of his family other than his parents and a few others who had lived in the city.

When he heard Radiant Waves announce that they would be entering the Stable in five minutes, he felt like it was going to be the longest five minutes of his life.
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:53 pm

The buck raised a curious brow, the speed at which Rad had changed from tired to alert was astounding to say the least. "Friendship City, eh? Well this can't just be a coincidence. I lived in Friendship City for a long time with my family." He chuckled for a moment, leaning forwards as if he was inspecting young Rad, raising a hoof to look at his mane and then looking over at his tail, then glancing to the cutiemark.

"Huh.... I remember a little pegasus like you when I was a colt. Then I was moved to Tenpony tower, didn't see much family there. Especially no Booms, nor any Rads." If Rad paid attention, he'd probably figure Bada Boom to be about the same age as himself, if not a few years older as the buck grinned widely, as if he knew something and was waiting.
    Marcus
    Marcus
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Marcus Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Marcus stood back up and frowned as they made their way away from the town. He had hoped for a larger group, but it seemed that no one else was interested in coming. Still, he had company for his traveling, and that was good enough for him!

Smiling, he said, "Yes, we go! An alchemist and a medical pony! We are truly a fearsome team!" When he heard Cuppa ask her question about his speech, however, he mentally smacked himself and frowned.

"I am sorry. Sometimes I slip into speaking words of my native tongue. I try to keep from doing this, but I am not always successful." He smiled again, "I am working on it!"

When the two finally reached their destination, Marcus took a few moments to look around, taking note of the many others that had decided to join. He recognized Bones, right away; he was one of the more tempermental travelers he had worked with. He also recognized Xeshir; a capable fighter if she chose to be. He took a brief moment to look at the striped Pegasus quetioningly, thinking that he might have recognized her from somehwere. He quickly dismissed that idea as he would have certainly remembered seeing a striped Pegasus in the past. The rest, he did not recognize.

He turned his attention to Radiant Waves as she made her announcement. Upon hearing that they would be entering within the next five minutes, Marcus dropped his saddlebags and made sure, once more, that he had everything. Once he was done with that, he elected to stand and wait for the group to move out, having a great amount of difficulty containing his smile in anticipation for getting inside.
    Cuppa Beans
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Cuppa and Marcus shared some words whilst walking, it was a long walk, but it hadn't taken too long to get there, so they had used conversation to help pass the time.

Now, having arrived apparently just in time, Cuppa watched and listened to the mare, Radiant Waves, as she energetically introduced her little group. What a place and what a group, though she easily recognised over half of the people here, so she knew she'd at least be in safe company.

From the group right now, Cuppa could spot out Flash, Dash, Bakewell and Scrap, Violet (Who she'd actually seen very little of), not to mention Xeshir, Arc, Rad and Nova. It really looked like a whole bundle of friendly faces had turned out for this. And that was good, right? Nothing could go wrong with friends like these.

"Did ah miss anythin'?" Cuppa asked somewhat quietly as she approached the whole group. "Not late fer the Stable job, am ah?"
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Xeshir giggled at Arc's stammering response, then turned to Nova when she offered her the familiar paper. "Actually." She said with a smile. "Those were for you two to keep, clear things up if you had any doubts." She then leaned in and whispered in Nova's ear. "Those were some very creative uses of your wings honey." She quickly scurried away silently laughing evily at her own words.

Xeshir managed to pass through the several ponies, griffons and other zebras, after begin greeted by a familiar pegasus which brought a smile to her face, and finally managed to reach the group of ponies that had started the expedition. "Hey, mind if I ask some questions?" She asked as she looked at each of them in turn.
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:02 pm

Rad looked up at the unicorn as he said he remembered him. "Uhh... Ok... Well... Umm... Maybe it was a, uhh, different me? Though I have a few blank spots in my memory of back then, but, uhm... Uhh..." Rad had pretty much forgotten his words by now, the unicorn was close enough to even notice him shaking a bit. Rad looked around, desperately trying to find something to talk about, but came up with nothing. So he just sort of looked at Bada Boom, eventually coming up with a small "eep" as the only other sound he could make without falling on the floor having a panic attack
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Rad's near panic attack made the big buck laugh, almost rolling on the floor. He had to pause to breathe, chuckling even as he got his breath back. "Calm down, Rad. You're gonna pass out if you keep it up." He said as he rose back to his hooves properly. "I was surprised you didn't recognise me sooner, I thought you were smarter than me... Or at least luckier, I don't remember which really."

Bada Boom nudged Rad slightly. "How you been? Last I saw of my little cousin Rad was before my old dear carted me off to Tenpony with her."

As Xeshir approached, Bada just gave a nod of greeting before returning his attention on Rad. Radiant Waves seemed eager to answer any questions as he eyes lit up slightly upon the mention of questions from Xeshir. "Of course! What did you want to know? So long as it's about this job, I should be able to answer you no problem!" She chimed happily.

Though, one pony didn't look exactly happy with the zebra's presence, more notably it was Clean Cut, who just awkwardly moved himself aside after taking a shocked glance at Xeshir, trying as much as possible to refrain from being seen.
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:04 pm

“Always, Violet!” Bakewell smiled down at her friend before shifting her gaze back to the group in front of her.

Bakewell was surprised by the sheer number of ponies present, though with such a hefty award she probably should have expected a large turnout. She had barely arrived and already ponies seemed to be swarming all over her “Hello, Flash! Oh, Hi Rad, how are y- uh, later, Rad! Wow, he looked energet- Scrap!”

The mare squealed happily, before dashing forward to meet her unicorn and throwing her forehooves around his neck. “I knew there was no way you could turn something like this down!” She boasted. “How was your trip here? Uneventful, I hope?”

When Violet gave Bakewell a sideways glance, the mare failed to comprehend why, and simple gave a confused and blank blink at the filly from over her ScrapHug. Was something wrong with the griffon the purple pony had been approached by?

“Arcy? Who is-” she started, but was cut off by one of the employers, Radiant Waves, decided to gain attention by giving a rather loud announcement that stole her attention. The cook listened, but had few questions. Besides; she didn’t want to draw extra attention from the employers.

Somehow in the midst of all the other chaos going on, Bakewell spotted Cuppa enter the group and say something or other. The earth pony gave her unicorn friend a smile and a nod, though she wasn’t sure the brown pony would even notice it.
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:52 am

Xeshir smiled back at Radiant Waves. She sure was a cheerful pony considering they might be going inside one of those Stable deathtraps.

"First" She said. "do you have a layout of the Stable? I haven't been inside many before, so I don't know if they share the same structure, and Two..." The mare stopped talking as her gaze felled on Clean Cut. He seemed...Familiar, but she didn't know why. "...Why is your partner acting like that?" She hoped the stallion didn't have a paranoia or hate of zebras. She didn't like ponies who acted like that. At all.
    Bone Head
    Bone Head
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Bone Head Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:52 am

Bone head was about to give the filly a response when the voice of the mare that called them here caught his attention. "Five minutes eh." the griffin thought as he turned and walk over to expedition leaders. He stopped next to the zebra mare that had also approached the group. "If I may ask, what do you expect us to find in this pre-war crypt." He inquired. "5000 caps is a lot to just look around, expecting trouble?"
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 am

Rad watched the unicorn laughing at him. Laughing... At him... It was just as bad as he thought it would be, never mind that the pegasus brought it upon himself. He was being laughed at, by his cousin. Just like back in Manehattan... Rad sighed, it could be worse. He took a deep breath to help calm down, before looking up at the unicorn with a nervous smile, he knew he was small, even for a pegasus, but right now he felt like an ant before an elephant. "Uhh, probably luck..." He said. "I think i've had more than my own body weight in bullets go through me... Kinda left me a li'l messed up, as you probably saw by my uhh... Arrival..." He almost subconsciously flexed the wing as he mentioned it, wincing a little as he realised that all his jumping about earlier had hardly helped.

"You say you used to live in Manehattan too? I uhh... Don't.. Remember you... Sorry..." He looked at the floor, expecting this to be the moment when like the other members of his family, Bada Boom figured it was probably best he stay away from the little pegasus.
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Arc listened to the briefing and introduction of the rest of the crew while he was hiding behind the boulder. When he heard Violet ask the question, he facehooved and realized she must have seen him hide behind the rock. He peeked his head from behind it and shook his head, trying to gesture to her that he's hiding and he would like to keep it that way.

Still, the introductions made Arc interested. He kept looking from behind the boulder and gave the five ponies a good look. Four unicorns and an earth pony. One positively from a Stable, one, from the conversation he had with Rad, from Friendship city. Well... not that different from the ones I usually call my company... Arc thought. His eyes ended on the earth pony. Broken welding torch... a fellow engineer, it seemed. Or an equivalent, though, if she considered it wise to wear clothes soaked with grease and other flammable stuff around machines...

Well, that explains the broken torch, I guess, Arc thought, with a small internal chuckle. He decided to stay behind his stone, hiding from Bakewell, Scrap, Cross Roads and Aquilinus, waiting for things to start moving.

Last edited by Arc Weld on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Dash nodded and saluted over to Lightning as he arrived. Dash had been on morning patrols at the time of the transmission, so he hadn't known that Lightning was planning on going on this expedition as well. That was good. Dash then nodded over to their new employers, "Good to meet all of you." he said.

Dash looked around at the other ponies as well gauging what their skills might be. One conversation in particular grabbed his attention, specifically when a blue-green pegasus mentioned that he was from Friendship City.

"You're from Friendship City, too?" Dash said, approaching Rad Boom, "Same here. I thought you looked a little familiar. After all, there aren't all that many pegasus ponies around." He held out a hoof, "My name's Galactic Dash."
    Scrap Parts
    Scrap Parts
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Scrap Parts Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Scrap laughed happily as he hugged Bakey back, nuzzling her a little before answering her questions.

"The trip was pretty easy, nothing really happened. Left you a note back home, telling you where I'd gone too, but I guess that wasn't really necessary. So how was your trip here? Did you and Violet come here together?"
    Cuppa Beans
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:37 pm

Cuppa smiled and waved at Bake, just spotting her and her partner, Scrap as they were talking, then a thought came to mind and she smiled more. Horn flaring up as she focused, it took a few seconds but with a flash of light Cuppa was a metre in front of Bake and Scrap. "Ah jus' learned how t' do this. Ain't it cool?" She said happily, smiling at the pair of them.

"anywho, how are ya both?" She asked with a pleased smile, it was taking less effort to get the spell right, but at least her horn had stopped aching from so much practice with getting the distances and such right for the spell.

------------

Bada Boom seemed slightly disheartened as Rad apparently couldn't remember him, but he seemed to lighten up a little whilst pondering Rad's luck.

A pony seemed to step in, interested in their being from Friendship City. "Dash, eh? Can't say I remember you, but I wasn't exactly the friendliest of ponies back then, thus the carting off to Tenpony, teach me some manners and such." He said to quickly make his own point.
    "Say, Rad. Why not chin up and we can have a chat? Any family is good family for me. You wouldn't believe how uppity and annoying ponies from that tower are..." He said, trying to get Rad to talk more.
    ------------

Radiant Waves, glancing over at Clean Cut for a minute as Xeshir mentioned him, furrowing her brow before giving a shrug. "Well... Star was able to get the map of the first floor downloaded onto his pip-buck, but there should be a manual map on each floor.. I think there are about four altogether? Judging by what I've seen though, the layout is different from other Stables. But I think all Stables had a different layout, honestly." She then looked to Clean Cut again, who had by now slunk off to find something to occupy his attention.

"As for Clean Cut... I don't know, he's normally pretty stoic and blank. I doubt he has a thing against zebras, maybe you met him once?" She suggested, glancing towards that damned yellow unicorn with the red cape, he was taking his time in coming to talk to her.
    Xeshir
    Xeshir
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Xeshir Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:58 pm

Xeshir frowned as she tried to remember someone with the factions of Clean Cut, but nothing came to her mind. Even then she could swear to the stars she had seen him before, but where?

"Right, thanks for answering my question." Said the zebra with a nod. "Hope you don´t mind, but I´m gonna talk with him." She really he wasn´t what she suspected him to be...Because things would get messy if it was.

Following his tracks, Xeshir finally reached Cleanwhatshisname and patted him on the shoulder with her hoof to get his attention. "Do I know you?" She asked, her tone neutral.
    Rad Boom
    Rad Boom
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Rad Boom Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 pm

Rad looked at his unicorn cousin, he didn't look happy that Rad had forgotten him. Disappointed my family as usual... He opened his mouth to try say something, but then Dash trotted over, and Rad had the perfect distraction before he inevitably dug a deeper hole for himself... Though he didn't know Dash either... But it was something. He took the hoof and shook it vigorously. "Hey! I'm Rad Boom! Turns out this here is my cousin Bada Boom! What are the odds eh!?" Rad had turned to face Dash, meaning his face was hidden from Bada, and the look on Rad's face said enough about how he really didn't want to be stood next to a member of his family.

"You're from Friendship city too eh? Sorry, don't really remember you... Though I did bump into things a lot back then, Prob'ly why I don't remember much... But it's good to meet ya Dash!" Rad heard the suggestion from his cousin that they talk and catch up, and while still facing Dash his eyes went wide. There was no way he could get out of that without seeming like a complete jerk. He turned back towards Bada and smiled nervously. "Sure cuz... Can't see the harm in a good ol' catch up, right?" Crap, crap, crap, crap...
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:26 pm

Dash nodded to Bada Boom as well, giving him a hookshake as well if he desired it, "Tenpony Tower... Yeeg." he said sympathetically, "Yeah... I don't have all that many plans to go there myself if I can help it... No offense." He remembered several times spying at Tenpony Tower with his telescope his father had found for him when he was a colt.

Dash listened a bit to Bada talk to Rad and he blinked, "Oh, uh... Sorry if I interrupted anything." Dash said apologetically, "I just didn't expect to see all that many ponies from Friendship City, seeing as the place is one of the nicer places to live in the Wasteland. I can give you some space if you want."
    Cross Roads
    Cross Roads
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Cross Roads Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:49 am

Cross scowled a bit from the back of the group as Radiant gave her cheery speech. Oh celestia how that cheery attitude used to drive Cross off the wall. All he could imagine as she spoke was what he was going to say to her once her mouth would shut up. As it went on, he walked through the crowd, nudging through Scrap and Bake as he walked up to Radiant and pulled down his hood.

His horn glowed as he lifted his TS insignia to his old friends.

"Its been a long time ponies, I see you've been busy", he had to admit, deep down he did miss them. The amount of knowledge they sweated and struggle to gain for the society was not lost on him, feeling his nerve calm down. He greeted the others by name before he turned towards Radiant.

He walked off to the side with her, so they could manage to have their talk privately and without obtrusion.

"Evening Radiant, still brightingly cheery as I see. Mind telling me exactly what your plan is here?"
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:20 am

“Yeah, me and Vi came together.” Bakewell replied with a happy smile, breaking the hug and taking a small step back.”I don’t know why, but something tells me she’s pretty excited about this whole mysterious stable deal.” She continued to speak as her eyes drifted back to a waving Cuppa, a gesture Bakewell was more than happy to repeat right back at the brown unicorn.

And then Beans was suddenly much, much closer.

“Woah!” Bake started in surprise, not having expected the teleport in the slightest. “Cool?! Cee, that’s amazing! I mean, I don’t know much about magic or anything, but teleportation has to be hard! So hard that I’ve only ever seen one other pony pull it o-“

And, in perfect coordination with her thoughts moving for even the slightest moment into the vague magical domain of a certain yellow unicorn, Suddenly Cross was pushing rudely between her and Scrap. All cheer disappeared from Bakewell’s in an instant, replaced with unease and discomfort as her eyes followed the intruder as he went on his way.

“…He did that on purpose.”
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:35 am

Lucky Draw, not entirely aware of what was going on around him, what with all the ponies talking and getting together, decided to keep quiet and move closer to the group that had actually sent the call in the hopes that perhaps they would be separated into teams, and that he could be one of the first organized out. He got a better look at the group in the process (Despite being one of the less observant ponies in the wastes) and immediately took a sort of disliking for the group wearing the purple stars.

It wasn't their attitudes so much as it was the general feeling of uneasiness he felt wile looking at the group. Something about them seemed... Deceiving, as if they had an ulterior motive for getting into the stable. It didn't help their case that Cross seemed to know them either. He wondered if perhaps it had been a bad idea to join up on this little venture of theirs, but also if maybe he was just being paranoid. He resolved to pay special attention to anything he or any of the others were told to do, just in case.
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:36 am

Map of the first floor for the automap? Well, that changes the things a little... Arc thought. He very well known how Stables could be confusing to navigate, endless webs of corridors, rooms, ventilation shafts... lots of spaces to get lost, or worse, stuck with no way out. Not a nice way to go out, not by far. Map of the first level would likely provide that nopony would get lost till they reached the first map. And that was good.

Arc curled up behind the rock, folded his hooves in front of his muzzle, closed his eyes and took a deep breath. This was probably a good time to pray to Celestia or Luna, but... Arc seen enough to know that neither of them listened, cared, or even existed. Or maybe they just help those who help themselves. He prayed to himself to not fuck this up. Arc exhaled, opened his eyes again and trotted around the boulder, heading for Cyber Star.

Arc stopped few feet away from Star, outside of his comfort zone. The engineer unicorn was lightly smiling, though the smile was more than warm. "Hello there. Cyber Star, correct? I heard what Xeshir was told, the zebra mare over there," he points his hoof at Xeshir. "The map of the first floor will help us greatly reach the first map inside the Stable, that is true. Don't even want to ask how hard it was to get to it in first place. Or how expensive. However, were quite numerous group, bit too big to lead through the confined environment of the corridors there. Someone might get lost, and that is not very good thing. So I have an idea, quite a few of us have a pip-buck of our own. We could download the map to everyone who has it, and then divide us into smaller groups, each one having at least one leader with a pip-buck. Would be a lot safer, and beneficial for the success of this mission. What do you think, Cyber Star?"

(Speech 55, Charisma 7)
    Cuppa Beans
    Cuppa Beans
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Cuppa Beans Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Cuppa was quite pleased by the excitement displayed by showing Bake the spell she'd learnt. And she had been about to say something, agreeing with the comment of it being a difficult spell to learn but somepony, Cross, interrupted them by pushing past Bake and Scrap.

After a moment of quiet, Cuppa focused on Bake and nudged her slightly. "Ignore 'im. He's jus' too stuck up t' see a good pony when he sees one." She said with a smile, hoping to draw Bake from her now-sour mood caused by the yellow unicorn. "Wha' did ya think o' the new spell, Scrap?" Cuppa asked, trying to drag him into the conversation as well to keep both their minds off of Cross, he didn't deserve anypony's attention, not through barging past ponies like that.
    ------------

Bada Boom gave a slightly relieved smile as Rad agreed to catch up with him on what's happened, then glancing to Dash upon hearing him. "You can tag along, don't see why not. We're gonna be working together, so why not?" He smiled to the two and sat down. "What've you gotten your lucky self into the last few weeks, Rad?" He inquired curiously. Granted he glanced away at Cross and gave a nod before returning his attention to Rad and Dash.
    --------------

Radiant quietly shushed Cross for a moment as a griffon started talking to her, asking about the one thing he shouldn't ask about. "Because we want to keep anypony who discovers it quiet. And everyone has a price... Especially when they look like they could do with the financial boost..." She trailed off, then ushering Bone Head to leave whilst she spoke with Cross.

"You know it's the afternoon, right?" She started, curiously raising a brow at Cross before she started on her explanation. "My plan? It's as simple as 1+1, we go in because Star can release the lockdown from out here, take a look around and see what research and information we can find. Then we're to acquire anything of use and conduct further investigations in the safety of Tenpony tower." She explained quietly, yet bluntly, if it was one thing to go by, she never fluffed out her plans.

Giving a small grin herself, she returned with a question of her own."So, what are you doing here if you knew it was me? Can't you trust me to organise something this easy?" She asked with a somewhat pouty look on her face, feigning some kind of immature sadness.
    -----------

Meanwhile, Arc decided it was high time to talk with the techie of the team, it looked like he was thinking about something whilst listening to him, giving the occasional "Mhm" or a nod.

"I.... uhhh, don't remember getting your name. But I was hoping we could sort something like that out, I'm not leading a small swarm of ponies into a Stable without a few helpers." Cyber Star chuckled a little before clearing his throat.

"Anypony here with a pipbuck, who wants to play team-leader?" He called out at the group, giving a brief smile to Arc before looking to the group, he could see all the ponies with pipbucks on, but he wanted people to volunteer for babysitting a cluster of ponies because they had a map. "If you do, get over here so I can give you a few things you're gonna need."
    ---------------

There was about three minutes left before everypony would be going in, socialising would have to come to a close soon. But for now, Xeshir ended up cornering Clean Cut, who seemed nervous as he turned around and saw that Xeshir had tapped his shoulder. Granted, his nerves calmed down as she didn't seem to know who he was. "Wait... You don't remember me? Do you even remember that... uhhh.... "favour" you did for me? Unless you're the wrong mare." He said, frowning a little as he pondered on the last thing he said.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:31 pm