Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+5
Athanix
Shutter
Lucky Draw
Sky
Starry Night
9 posters

Dealing with Slavers [CLOSED]

Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Dealing with Slavers [CLOSED] - Page 13 Empty Re: Dealing with Slavers [CLOSED]

Post by Sky Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:47 am

Sky heard the arguing about some magazine, which perked her eyes up a bit. "what are you guys arguing about?, a magazine of what?" in truth, sky didn't really care about what they were fighting about, but since they kept going on about it finally caught her attention.
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:27 am

//Sorry folks, I'm not gonna be able to RP for about another hour. Feel free to make some conversation while we're en-route to New Appleoosa.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:17 am

Lucky responded without opening his eyes. "We ain't arguing, we're just talking about a dirty magazine Shutter found here on the wagon. Nothing to get too riled up about, unless you just REALLY wanna spend some alone time behind a rock. As it is, I'll bet I can get maybe twenty-five or thirty caps for it..." He looked in the direction of Starry, Techno, and Shutter. "...Unless one of you wants to keep it?"

As he spoke that last part, a wry grin crawled onto his face
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:33 am

"A dirty magazine, you say." Sky thought about it, seeing as there weren't to many of those around the wasteland, and for 25 caps. might be wasteland robbery, but who cares its dirty magazine.

"sure why not, ill give you 25 caps for it." Sky looked through her saddlebags and pulled out a small bag, inside was 25 caps. she held out the bag to lucky, hoping he would take the exchange.
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:45 am

Starry's eyes widened in shock at the prospect of selling the magazine. "WHAT?! Of course you can't sell it! That's got some very important information in it!"

"Do you have any idea how useful that thing could be to us? At the very least, it'll give you something to fantasize about when you're feeling lonely! I'm sure you dig the mares on these pages, Techno probably does too! And just look how red Shutter gets when I mention it, no doubt he'd like to spend some alone time with the thing too." Starry glanced over at Shutter, who was wearing the harness.

"I mean, he's probably so embarassed, he feels like hiding under a rock or something. Poor guy can't, though, being strapped into that harness and all, he's anchored to this here wagon." Starry hadn't meant to pick on Shutter so much, but he just seemed like the lowest hanging fruit, and the easiest way to demonstrate the value of the magazine to the group.

"Don't worry, Shutter, you can get a turn with the magazine too, assuming Lucky here doesn't sell it."
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:04 am

Shutters eyes almost seemed to shrink, as he quickly craned his head back, his cheeks now practically glowing.

"N-no! I mean, I'm not into things like that! ...No, wait, I mean...I am, but I don't...I don't 'do' that...well...AUGH!"

Shutter let out a cry of frustration, turning back to focus ahead of himself.

"Look, let's just...stuff that thing into one of the crates, and try and not talk about it for the rest of the trip...okay? I really don't need any distractions while I'm helping pull this thing..."

He said, clearly not in the mood for arguing on this.

Last edited by Shutter on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:40 am

Lucky shrugged and opened up the magazine.

"Well, since we're keeping the damned thing then, better get acquainted with it shouldn't I?"

He began hoofing through the book, and settled down in the back of the wagon. He found that there were articles in between the smut, and he started reading one of them. He tried not to pay too much attention to the pictures, since he didn't want to strut about like a male balefire phoenix in mating season.

Also, swords just weren't Lucky's preferred kink.
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:49 am

Sky looked at and didn't get what she wanted, she really wanted it. Now it was a matter of time before she would take it from them them, with a small but evil grin appeared on her face as she laid back against the wagon, with a smirk on her face.
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:12 am

While the others were arguing over why they should keep the magazine, Techno was taking in the sights. Around them, the expanse of the wasteland spread out before them, a pair or giant radscorpions wandered a long ways off the road, so they weren't a danger to the group. There was still no visual sign of New Appleoosa, but the road had the telltale signs of heavy traffic by traders, so they were probably on track.

At that, he tuned back into the conversation going on behind them.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:57 pm

The journey to New Appleoosa took the remainder of the day, and the group was an hour into the night before they finally arrived at the gate of New Appleoosa. The city itself was surrounded by a wall of boxcars, and there were sentries standing guard atop the the wall. One of them came out to meet the group. He was and earth pony, with a caramel coat and a short black mane, wearing leather armor which concealed everything from the neck down. He had a hunting rifle strapped across his back.

"Please state your business- oh," the sentry caught a glimpse of the stable uniforms worn by several of the ponies in the group. "You folks lookin' to take the train to Old Appleoosa?"

The sentry relaxed when he spotted the stable uniforms. He let his guard down a little, feeling comfortable that the stable ponies weren't there to cause a problem.
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Techno nodded to the guard. "Yeah, Stableton wants to get trade goin' with Old Appleoosa." For some reason or another, he didn't recognize the guard, even though he had left New Appleoosa rather recently. Then again, I never did bother to take notes on the guards... he mentally noted to himself.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:10 pm

"Alright, well, the midnight train is heading out within the hour, since they've loaded ahead of schedule. Go ahead and do what trading you you like, and head on down to the station. I don't know what you're carrying, but Ditzy Doo buys just about anything over at Absolutely Everything, that's over that way,"

The sentry pointed past the gate, toward Absolutely Everything, "and the train station is over there," he pointed his hoof over toward the train station, "Enjoy your stay."
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Lucky unharnessed himself from the wagon. He stretched and popped his back, then grabbed his bags from the vehicle.

He started talking to Shutter without looking at him. "Hurry up and get down from there, we've got bullets to buy. Also, you're lucky you're built small, or I wouldn't have traded spots with you hours ago."

Lucky then leaned his head over to the right at a near unnatural angle, and three loud cracks were heard. He groaned, then did the same on the opposite side. He rubbed his neck with a hoof as he called, "Hurry up, you lot! The guard said we've only got about an hour, so let's move move move!"
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Starry hopped down off the wagon. She had helped pull for several hours, but she wasn't a very strong pony, so she had to switch back to riding. Most of the trip she spent sleeping, since she was fairly exhausted from the fight with the raiders.

"Alrighty! Let's head over to Absolutely Everything, then! I wonder if this Ditzy wants to buy several crate-fulls of toy dinosaurs?"
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:28 pm

A loud pop could be heard as Sky twisted her neck, feeling rather bored of the long trip, But id didn't bother her. They finally made it to new appleloosa, and her ears focused on what the guard said. a store that buys about anything, if that was the case. Sky really wanted to go now, and buy some extra ammo for her pistol. Seeing that was where starry was heading, She decided to join her on her trip to 'Absolutely Everything'.
    Athanix
    Athanix
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Athanix Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Athanix yawned a bit and stretched as he awoke from his nap. He had taken a potion half way through the trip and drugged himself to sleep. He found it fascinating that nopony asked him to pull the cart. He firmly patted his ribcage as he tried to determine if the potion had worked. To his knowledge it had. He smiled as he pulled his shades from his pockets and slipped them on his muzzle.

He heard numerous ponies talk about going to a store to do some trading and this excited him. He also heard somepony mention dinosaur toys and the trading of them.

"I bet I can sell those plastic doohickies even if they are all melted into puddles!" Athanix said jumping out of the cart. "Quickly now my friends, like Mr. Cranky pants over here said, we only got an hour! Better make it quick because I want to hit the local tavern and see what caps I can make before the train gets here!"

With that Athanix was running down New Appleloosa headed straight for Absolutely Everything.
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Techno walked with the group heading towards Absolutely Everything. He remembered that Lucky had a gun to repair. "Hey, Lucky, could you give me that shotgun you got back there? I'm going to visit my family over in the repair shop, so why not do that while I'm there." he asked the hurrying pony. "That and I could take those other guns you guys have. I guarantee that they'll all be like new afterwards!" he said, more or less advertising for his family's shop.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Lucky didn't even give a second thought.

"Here, this thing REALLY needs a cleaning. There's some kind of black crap holding it together. It smells like bubblegum, so have fun."

He took one of his empty bags and stuffed it full of the toy dinosaurs. He tied it shut, and slung it over his back.

He looked back at Techno, and said, "You're the one who lived here, lead the way."
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:54 pm

Shutter slowly began to open his eyes from where he had been asleep in the back of the wagon, Lucky's talking having woken him up. He had tried to pull the wagon for as long as he could, but his frail form meant he had to be swapped out much quicker then the others, and he had apparantly ended up falling asleep out of exhaustion.

"Whuh? What is it? Are we there yet?"
    He mumbled groggily, as he slowly pulled himself up on his hooves, his eyesight was still a bit foggy with sleep, but the fog quickly faded, his eyes adjusting to the night.

"...Is this New Appleloosa? It certaintly looks better built then Stableton, I'll tell you that."

Shutter chuckled, before pulling himself out of the wagon, next to Lucky.

"So, where do we go first? I've never been here before..."
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:16 pm

"Well, help me pull the wagon, Shutter. If we can get this in front of Absolutely Everything, we'll have an easier time pulling the crates inside."

Starry hopped in front of the wagon and used her magic to strap herself in. "You know, maybe we could just sell the wagon and all it's contents to Ditzy. It's not like we can take it on the train with us, and somepony would probably steal it if we left it behind."
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:22 pm

Sky hearing that techno lived here and was willing to take weapon to get fixed, made Sky want to jump in glee. She walked to techno holding out her pistol. "can you get my pistol fixed, its a ten millimeter. And its special to me."
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:30 pm

Shutter gave a nod to Starry, as he walked over to the second harness, and began to affix himself into it, having gotten a decent demonstation of how to do it himself from watching Techno strap him in.

"That sounds like a good idea! Wonder how many caps a decent, only slightly shot wagon would sell for?"

He said with a chuckle, tighting the last strap.

"Although...Do you really think we can sell those toys? That Caravaneer's note made it sound like he'd tried everywhere, and these things were practically worthless. Maybe we'd be better off figuring out another use for them?"
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:31 am

Lucky chuckled. "Yeah, you could stick a grenade in it and leave it out for some dumbass raider to find. C'mon, let's get to the store, we need better gear, and I'm hungry as hell."

He shifted the bags on his back and continued idling, waiting for Techno to decide where to go.
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:17 am

Starry gasped. "Lucky! You can't put an explosive in a foal's toy! Little colts and fillys might try to play with it, somepony could get seriously hurt! No, toy dinosaurs should stay just that, toys."

She began trotting, not bothering to inform Shutter so he could follow suit, and avoid being dragged along. "Now then, let's get to Absolutely Everything! We've only got an hour, and I'm sure Ditzy can find a good home for each and every one of these dinosaurs."
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:04 am

Shutter let out an 'Eep!' when Starry went on without, picking up speed to try and keep up, not so much to avoid getting dragged along, but to avoid getting run over by the wagon that they were pulling.

"Er, yeah! I wasn't thinking of turning these things into bombs! I just meant that, since we probably won't be able to sell them if we try...maybe we should instead, just donate them? It never hurts to give a little in big trades, and a toy shopment of this size? I'm pretty sure it might help generate a bit of goodwill towards our little group, and being friendly with a place like this can't be a bad thing, right?"

Shutter said, offering his own idea. He really hadn't even considered the idea of sticking grenades in these dinosaurs. That sounds more like a trick a raider would use, rather then one they would fall for!

...On thinking of that, Shutter suddenly felt alot better that they had taken these dino toys with them rather then ditch them. If the wrong ponies came across them and had that idea, that could have been terrible!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:28 am