Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+4
Techno placeholder
Happy Trails
Starry Night
World Warden
8 posters

A Normal Day... [Closed][Finished]

Sharpaw
    Sharpaw
    Level 6
    Level 6

A Normal Day... [Closed][Finished] - Page 7 Empty Re: A Normal Day... [Closed][Finished]

Post by Sharpaw Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:20 pm

Spark Fire was confused, this pony said he was a medic, but was upset that he had said his line...

"My belly hurts where those ponies were poking me, and my claws hurt where they stepped on them..." he said shamefully.
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

A Normal Day... [Closed][Finished] - Page 7 Empty Re: A Normal Day... [Closed][Finished]

Post by Techno Illuminate Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Techno smiled. "That's much better. I'll give you another shot of Med-x to help with that. For your claws... Well, I can't really do anything about them, but I can suggest you use them as little as possible as they heal." he said, still sitting next to the dragon as he applied the meds.

Last edited by T3chno on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Starry levitated the suit of leather armor off her flank, and floated it over towards Rodeo. "It's not exactly clean... I picked it off a dead pony, so I wouldn't recommend using it to bandage anything. If you do though, then try your best not to get a contract a disease. That would make me feel just awful."

Starry had wanted to head home, but she didn't want to head back alone. She figured she might as well follow Rodeo and Trails, and help out how she could. Besides, she liked helping ponies.

"and about you not trusting us to stand behind you, I can assure you that the only thing you definately shouldn't trust is my accuracy with this thing." Starry floated out the pistol she had gotten from Techno. "Let me know if you find some grenades, or dynamites, I've got a great throwing arm. Or better yet, let me know if you find a spare missle around here. Until I can get some more, this thing is only good for dead weight." Starry tilted her head, gesturing to the missle launcher which was roped around her waist.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Silver hoof got up and trotted around breaking legs off of chairs and picking up busted scraps of wood. He kept returning to set them down in a big pile about 10 feet away from the dragon. He placed them neatly once he collected a nice stack and the peak of the stack of wood stood higher than him. Silver landed near Sparkfire and said nicely, "Dark is about to set upon us, and is heading down faster than we are aware, being distracted and all, so do you think you could uh, you know, show the doc how good your internal organs work? That is how you breathe fire right?"
    Sharpaw
    Sharpaw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sharpaw Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:41 pm

"Just give me a sec to warm up" he said as he took a shallow breath and coughed.

"Sorry about that just give me a sec..." Spark Fire quickly said apologetically

A deep breath later, and a magnificent sapphire colored flame erupted from Spark Fire's mouth. He concentrated carefully to just light the bottom of the pile aflame as he had done many times before when hunting took the group to far out in the wilderness.

After he was satisfied that the flame took hold, he softened his breath until the gout of sapphire weakened. He looked up at Silver Hoof and lowered his head, again expecting something.
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Techno rapidly backed up as fire spewed from Sparkfire. "Whoa, okay! Fire breath is apparently still up and running!" he said, checking to see if his mane was singed at all. "Phew, no missing hair. So, since at least you're acting better, I think introductions are in order. I'm Techno, medical pony and semi-professional repairpony. Nice to meet ya." he said with a grin.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:50 pm

Silver backed away a bit and his eyes widened at the blue flame. It made him happy for some reason, helped cheer him up in some small way. He turned to Sparkfire and held out his hoof, "I'm Silver Hoof, and quite frankly I'm a scavenger. And I love your blue flame." Silver was mighty proud of his accomplishments here in the wastes. he was a tad on the lucky side when it came to finding things.

Last edited by Silver Hoof on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sharpaw
    Sharpaw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sharpaw Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Spark Fire wondered why these ponies were surprised by the flame, and more importantly why no one gave him his pat on his head... maybe he did something wrong...

"Its nice to meet you ponies and good to know that not every smooth skin is like those..." he said as he nodded towards the Raider Corpses..
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:30 pm

"Well, I'm glad we've shown there's SOME kind of good here in the wasteland. We're not all assholes who want to mount your head on the wall and brag about it." Techno said, slowly returning to a straight face. "So, how'd you get caught up in that raider hole? Kidnapped?" he inquired, tilting his head a bit as he asked.
    Sharpaw
    Sharpaw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sharpaw Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Spark Fire's mood became morose when asked how he ended up here,"Yeah...kidnapped, something like that." He tearfully replied.

As if to keep himself from getting to dragged down by his circumstance he continued with, "Thanks again for saving me, I guess I owe you guys my life..." while wringing his wrist where he was bound not too long ago.

Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:21 am

"Okay, I guess how you got here is a touchy subject. I won't bother you about it if you don't want to talk 'bout it." Techno said with a shrug. "And even if you do owe us your life, all I ask in return is a single favor. Maybe two." he said, another grin crossing his face. "So, I think a fair deal for us saving your life is that you let me keep you alive and well for now and you come with us to help out when we happen upon the need for some form of fire, because I can't cast fire for my life for some reason. Dunno why. Anyways, that sound fair to you? If not I can settle for just a 'Thank you'."
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:33 am

"Here I have an actual rag." Trails mumbled, pulling it out of his pack. "If you're not going to let the doc stitch you up at least take some healing powder." Trails pulled a couple bags of his homemade salve and tossed it at Rodeo. "Starry please put that thing away, I don't much feel like getting shot in the flank today. If we get into a situation where I need you to draw you'll be the first to know."
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:33 am

Silver cocked his head and looked at Sparkfire, he was acting like a dog at times. Silver cautiously walked over to him and slowly he reached his hoof out and rubbed the folds on the top of Sparkfire's head, jerking when he moved back. "Sorry I just thought that itd be interesting to feel your scales."
    Sharpaw
    Sharpaw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sharpaw Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:39 am

Spark Fire's eyes lit up at the thought of being useful to someone else again. The Pat on the head also worked wonders to put him in the best of moods.

"Alright! Sounds good, it sure does feel nice to be helpful. I'll do my best to be lighten your logs, your way and your loads." He said with a smile

"If there is anything else I can do... like carry anything, I am plenty strong and I don't tire easily!" he continued eager to please.

Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:19 am

Starry rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. I may not know how to aim this thing very well, but I certainly know how to shoot it. Or more precisely, how and when not to."

Starry frowned, staring at Happy Trails. "You know, something tells me you don't have a high opinion of me in combat. Let me assure you, the moment I get my hands on some dynamite, or a laser pistol, you'll see just how useful I can be."
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:59 am

Techno gave a glance over in the general direction where Trails and Starry were talking to Rodeo. "Well, I think there's one of us who'll take you up on that. I'd say Starry's pretty uncomfortable lugging around that Rocket launcher and everything else, and I'm sure she'd like help. Anyways, I'll go tell the others about our newest member." he said, getting up and walking over to where the others were chatting.

"Trails, Starry, the dragon, Sparkfire, is feeling a lot better, and since he apparently has nowhere to return to that will treat him remotely fairly, I've invited him along with us. He says he's willing to help out whenever he can and carry some of our stuff. Dragon's aren't weak, so he'll be able to contribute. Any objections from either of you? Because if there are, I will promptly ignore any and all of them."
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:29 am

Trails lit a smoke and looked up at the dragon. "No complaints here, just don't expect me to go gemstone hunting when you get a craving." He called up at it.

He turned and continued down the hallway and out of the atrium."Oh and Starry, I feel completely justified in my assessment of your combat abilities. You used an entire clip to take out a half dead raider. You keep your pistol so far out it's like you're asking for me to take it. Seems thus far the only thing you can shoot straight has enough splash damage to take me out along with the raiders. You're new to this whole 'everpony is trying to kill me' thing so I understand your inexperience. Just don't expect me to trust a stable pony with my life right out of the gate."
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:41 pm

"Hey now, I only used half a clip on that raider! These things have twelve shots in a clip, right? Right? That means half a clip. I've still got the other half in here."
    "And levitating the pistol so far away was part of a plan. It was a really stupid plan, so I'm not going to embarass myself my giving you the details, but rest assured, I typically float my weapons right by my side."

Starry sighed. She was upset that Trails lacked confidence in her combat abilities, but she knew that he was completely justified in his assessment thus far. "I'm just really out of my element with this weapon. It's so... low-tech."

"Oh! and doctor... uh... you know, I still haven't gotten your name. I can't just keep calling you doc all the time. Actually I can, but a name would be nice. Anyway, that's great news about the dragon! Sparkfire is it? That's wonderful news about his recovery, and I'd gladly part with this missle launcher while I don't have any missles for it."

"Hey Trails, do you think you could untie this knot for me?" Starry pointed a hoof at the knot in the rope around her torso, which tied the missle launcher to her back.
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:14 pm

"Sure thing." Trails tugged on one end of the rope, causing it to slip off of Starry and some how trap the launcher in a tight lasso. Trails whipped his head around, sending the launcher flying and landing at Sparkfire's feet.

"Starry, class is in session." Trails grunted. "Get your gun out. No way are we leaving if you don't know how to shoot straight."
    Sharpaw
    Sharpaw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sharpaw Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Sparkfire hefted the missile launcher, it did not seem that heavy to him, just bulky. He lulled from one side to the other, trying despreately to find his balance as he lugged the large launcher. It was a good thing it was empty otherwise he might have accidnetly set it off. His claws ached a little from the injections but he tried his best to hide his grimace, he did not want that nice medic from stopping him from helping in anyway. Still if this was what he needed to do, it had to be done. He had to remain useful, otherwise there was just going to be a repeat of what rescently happened.

"Alrighty, this is fun, is there any thing else I could carry?" he strained to say as he found his balance.

Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Starry pulled out her pistol(the one Techno had lent to her). "Alrighty, I'm ready!! You might not know this, but I make an excellent student, I love learning! Is there any required reading for this class? I sure do love to read!"
    Big Rodeo
    Big Rodeo
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Big Rodeo Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Rodeo wasn't feeling the talky talky conversation thing. Starry had levitated a suit of old, worn leather armor to him, and Happy Trails tossed him an old rag. He nodded in thanks, but didn't have anything to say otherwise. Took a moment to readjust the straps and belts on the armor to fit around his broad chest and wide shoulders, and started to assemble the armor on his body.

Upon finishing, and replacing his holster over his shoulder, and finding another holster on his back for a rifle or shotgun to fit in (and then made a note to keep any weapon he may come across which would fit into said holster) he sat back on his haunches, set his hat on the ground, and threw his head back and let the sopping mane back against the top of his head. Folding the rag over a few times diagonally and wrapping it around his fore-head like a bandanna, he tied it down to hold his mane back, then replaced his hat over it.

The cut was clearly visible now, stretching from above his brow line and halfway down his cheek. His eye was undamaged, and the blood that had come from it had soaked the entire right side of his face; and had even traveled down the side of his neck. Blood loss was becoming a legitimate threat, even to the tough pony. Thankfully, the bleeding had mostly stopped by then.

Rodeo sat still for a moment and listened to the others, but was losing his patience. "Alright, alright! Ah think we best get goin' 'fore there ain't no time ta make it back ta Filly 'fore nightfall." With that said, Rodeo stood back up and started down the hall once more. "Oh, and inaccurate fire behind mah ass is what mah concern is, little miss lady."
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:47 pm

"First hold it one foreleg's distance in front of you, not the dozen you've been doing," Trails began, walking behind Starry to get her line of sight. "that'll keep your sight picture small and your shots accurate. Second fire nice and slow, pulling the trigger smooth and deliberate while taking a half breath. Slow shots are best shots, don't buy into that 'rock n roll mode' shit. Third, you're not a god damn phenom, just go for the guaranteed hit in the center of mass."
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:57 pm

Starry nodded, listening attentively to Trails. This information was all very helpful. "I'll have to practice on some tin cans."
    "Oh, and before we head out, I need to refill my canteen. Neither of you managed to spot any water amongst the salvage, did you?"
    She turned to Sparkfire, smiling gratefully as she spotted him holding up her missle launcher. "Sparky, do you mind if I call you that? could you find me some water? You don't have to if you don't want to, I don't mean to impose."
    Sharpaw
    Sharpaw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sharpaw Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Sparky, why would she call me Sparky, my name is Spark Fire. It sounds like Spark Fire, so I guess I could get used to it. She was smiling while she said it so it might be a good thing.

He Frowned when he heard he had a choice. He never really had those, sure he had an opinion on something, but that was usually ignored, but never a choice...

"Some water? Sure, I know where those raiders hid their vapor trap. Got a good licking for it but if it helps you ponys out, I'd say it was worth it. " He replied.

"As for Sparky, I guess you can call me that, I wont mind." he continued nonchalantly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:08 am