Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+7
Lightning Flash
Shutter
Violet Star
Bakewell Tart
Sky
Arc Weld
Starry Night
11 posters

Lord of the Foals[Closed]

Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Lord of the Foals[Closed] - Page 3 Empty Re: Lord of the Foals[Closed]

Post by Starry Night Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Starry breathed a huge sigh of relief. "So our parents are okay... still, that doesn't sound like mom. I remember mom being much nicer," She said. Starry chalked it up to the stress of living under the foals.

"We're still going to have to find dad, and- OH! Speaking of dads, Jasmine, you have to come with us to find Shutter's father!" Starry looked over toward Shutter for reassurance. "Right? We've got to see if he's okay.
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:08 pm

Violet walked through the halls of Stable 113, taking in all the sights. Well, actually she was mostly forming a map of the place in her head as she made note of every tunnel and passageway as she went past, silver glowing eyes making this surprisingly easy. Or, not surprisingly really...Anyway.

It took her quite awhile to actually find the security office, considering she was never given directions, but that was alright, it gave Violet more time to map the place out! And ‘looking’ for the place gave her a convenient excuse if anyone questioned why she was wandering around or who she was, which never really came up...Anyway, after a nice chunk of the stable was mapped out in her head, she eventually ‘found’ the security office, being guarded by a diamond dog pup.

As she approached, all she got from the dog in response was a growl, before he knocked on the door that Jack quickly opened. Even with the dog’s poor manners, the filly still smiled at him as she past. “You seem like a nice puppy, I’ll see if I can find you a cookie later!” giggled the filly before jumping inside, avoiding any retaliation from the dog. Smiling to herself, she looked around the...rather messy room. She had seen some ruins cleaner then this place! Granted, she’s also seen ruins much worse, so she didn’t mind.

“Oh, it’s alright. I’ve seen much worse out in the wasteland! A messy room doesn’t bother me.” grinned the filly as she watched Jack rummage through one of the piles of stuff. “So, why did you want to ta-Ooooh!” she exclaimed when she saw the locket. “That’s really pretty Jack! Where did you get it?” she asked as she floated over the locket.

(Also, ‘handed’? Hands? Obviously Jack’s a mutant of some kind.)
    (Lyra would be happy.)
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:36 am

Shutter gave a nod of affirmation towards Starry. It was a lot to take in...the foals now ran the stable? How had that happened?! Did Jack just step in once the crazies had killed each other off?

Shutter rubbed his forehead...the concept was giving him a headache...but if thats the case, then they'd have to find a way to fix this. Jack had already shown he was a killer...but how could they stop him when he was just a child? maybe he should just focus on what he COULD do right now, and that was finding his father.

"Yeah...Lets go. Hopefully Dad won't be too hard to find..."

He mumbled, before heading off towards their old room in the Stable.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:34 pm

Soarmeister listened carefully to what his Lightning had to say. When he finally posed the question, he had only one response. "You've said enough, son. There are towns out there, that means it's livable. I'm not expecting some sort of paradise outside these walls, but I know we can't stay here with those foals in charge."

Lightning's father trotted back toward the front door, and opened it. "There's no time for nostalgia now," he said to Lightning, "we have a meeting to attend. Your mother is already there waiting."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arc descended into the maintenance level in search of the meeting area. He happened to pass an armed filly in a maintenance hall, it was Sundae. She reacted immediately, and pointed her gun at him from across the hallway. Her ears folded back, and she immediately began backstepping away from him. It didn't look like she recognized Arc, which would make sense since she was so young, only nine, and was such a shy little thing. Arc also worked in maintenance, which meant he didn't exactly pass by the school very often.

Soon, Sundae bolted off, running in the other direction. Arc pushed on, and eventually found the meeting area. Lightning's mother, Sundance, was there to greet him.

"Come in! Come in quickly!" she whispered to him, creaking the door open for him to enter. Inside were about half a dozen ponies, all of them old enough to be parents, some grandparents. The youngest couldn't be under forty. "We were just talking about how to free Gear, the foals-"

Sundance didn't get a chance to finish the explanation, as Soarmeister entered the room, with Lightning following behind him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack was feeling a little more comfortable, since Violet seemed to be reacting warmly toward him. What followed was a very long period of boasting from Jack, who made a plentiful amount of improbable claims in an attempt to impress her. His boasting was cut short, however, when a filly charged into the room.

"Jack! Big scary unicorn, Maintenance area-" Sundae spouted, trying to form a coherent sentence, "I think he's going to that meeting!"

Jack's eyes went red. "I KNEW it! It must be one of those new ponies who came in! That PROVES they're up to no good!" Jack stormed out of the security office, but stopped to speak to the two fillies in the room. "Sundae! Stand guard here, I'm taking Snarles and Butterhooves to clean the place out!" his rage subsides a little as he turns to address Violet. "Uh, just stay here, alright? I'll be back later, you two can make friends while I'm gone."

Violet couldn't help but notice the grate in the ceiling. It might make an ideal escape route. There was also a computer terminal atop one of the desks, and a small stack of papers next to it. There was also the door to the security office cell, which was locked. The window looking in to the cell seemed to have been entirely scrawled over by black marker.

After Jack left, Sundae looked nervously over toward Violet. "Uhm... hi. M-my name is Sundae.

Cherry Tart was taken aback by how... nice her daughter was acting. She had always known her daughter to be a bully to the other foals, and to always be rude and mean to her parents. She chalked it up to Bakewell simply being overjoyed at being reunited with her parents, but she certainly hoped that maybe the wasteland had calmed her for good.

"Listen," Cherry instructed her daughter, holding her close-by, so she could speak softly to her and Sky. "It's not safe to be with us right now. If one of the foals sees you with us, they might see it as an opportunity to torment us further. And Bakewell, I don't blame you for what is happening to us. You didn't cause this, I don't want you to feel that you brought this on us."

Cherry took a deep breath. She owed her daughter some answers, and she had to speak fast. "Listen... when the violence began, the foals were on a field trip through the armory. Nopony knows what happened exactly, but we think they were left unattended when the guards went to quell the violence. They got weapons somehow, and now, they've been running the stable, and don't hesitate to kill anypony who questions or resists. Sky... your old coltfriend Gear is still here. He was taken by the foals for talking back. We don't know if he's still alive, but... as recently as yesterday, we could hear screams coming from the security office. I... I'm sorry. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear. Now go! You can't stay here!"

Shutter, Starry and Jasmine trotted down the hall toward Shutter's home. They knocked on the door, and Shutter's father answered.

"Sh-Shutter?!" his father was taken aback, he was genuinely shocked to see Shutter standing before him. "What are you doing here? I- come on in! All of you, come in!"

He beckoned the three inside, and closed the door before he embraced Shutter in a tight hug. "Shutter! I was so sure you had died out there, how in Equestria did you survive? And who are these? Colt Johnson's daughters? Shutter, did you finally manage to make some friends?"
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:23 pm

Shutter quickly returned the hug, He hadn't seen his father in ages, and it was almost hard to believe the Foals hadn't been lying, and he was still alive.

"Dad! How did YOU survive?! When we got out, it was anarchy in here! And now the foals are in charge?! What happened?!"

He asked, before hearing his father's own questions, resisting a sigh as he knew right away from the question that this was indeed his father, and not a strangely solid hallicunation of something...he never did quite understand what the most important thing to focus on was...

"Aha...you could say that..."

He mumbled, as he detached himself, before stepping over next to Starry.

"...Dad...this is Starry Night, my marefriend, and her sister Jasmine. Starry, Jasmine, this is my Father, Fabric Stocks."

Shutter said, getting the introductions out of the way. They no doubt already knew each other, but it was the polite thing to do. Now to hope his father didn't have a joyous freak out now that Shutter not only finally made a friend, but also had a marefriend...
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:01 am

Lightning was a little shocked but not exactly surprised at his father's trademark understanding nature. This was all still a little much for him to take. His parents was still alive and he was stuck in in the Stable again. Foals were running this place and the only thing he cared now we getting his parents out of the Stable and back to Stableton where he hoped they could forge a life there. The pegasus would just nod to his father, following him to the door, "You're right. We have to find a way out of here."

Perking his ears about this meeting, it seemed that some ponies in the Stable were planning something and he wasn't sure what yet. "A meeting? Alright, let's go." Lightning would follow his father to the maintenance, keeping his eyes out for possible foals lurking around the corners. He had to get his weapons back and regain control of the situation.

Once they arrived in this meeting area, Lightning noticed that Arc had arrived here as well. But first, he had to take care of some other business first. His mother, Sundance, was there also. He caught his breath for a second as he whispered, "Mom..." Lightning walked into the room, scanning his eyes around at all the adults. This was definitely a sign of something big.
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:31 am

Sky nodded at Cherry tart, She listened to what she said about Gear. She had a chance to save him but for now she cant, Those foals took her weapons and everything she had. Except her armor, something she was at least grateful for. She looked at on to Bakewell, This place is already brought back to many memories for her to handle. Sky only hung her head a bit more, Sky wanted to get back to her old room. She wanted to be alone for the time being, Gear might be dead, Her parents were dead because of her, She needed some time to be alone. She looked at Bakewell, "Bake Ill be right back, I need some time alone. This place seems to be to much for me, You need me ill be back in my old room that's down the hallway."Sky said as she exited out Bakewell's room, She hung her head in the walk to her room.

Now she was outside the door, She dind't if it was still the same as she left it that day. She opened the door and the lights were off, with a click they were back on. The room was exactly the way it was she left it, She sighed. Her mind began to wander into the memories of her past, This place was to much for her to handle. Her life here shattered and ruined, nothing else to do here. Sky didn't notice the tears that formed in her eyes, she just let them drip down her face. She was alone in her room, no one around to see her like this.

Sky sighed while she rubbed her tears away, this room was something she doesn't want to comeback to. She needed to get out of here when she had the chance, Sky started to look around the room of her dead parents for something they could have left behind. Or anything to help with probably taking care of the foals and maybe save the Stable in the process, like it would matter anyway. She pondered as she continued to search her room and her parents room for anything to take.
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:42 am

Bakewell’s eyes grew as large as saucepans at her mother’s warning. The foals didn’t need to see her there, because they already knew that Bakewell was likely show up. Jack had practically told the mare to visit her parents.

“No, wait, you don’t understand! They already- What? A field trip in the armory? That’s… oh… okay…” She sputtered her responses before backing timidly away from her mother and out of the room. This was sounding urgent. Simply being seen talking to each other was enough to provoke torment? Of course it was, that’s how spoiled little stable foals worked when put into positions where they could use force to sway others. It was sadly close to slavers, though hopefully minus certain details. And Sky’s poor coltfriend… Bakewell hadn’t even known that the mare had ever had a special somepony before today, moments before also hearing that he was being horribly tortured. She had opened her mouth to desperately suggest that the two go and overthrow the entire stable in a heroic rescue mission, but the Pegasus obviously didn’t feel up to it. She debated following and comforting the mare, but Sky was Sky. Bakewell got the strong feeling that she would want to be alone with her sorrow, rather than have anypony else see her.

So that settled it, then. Bakewell was going to have to fix everything on her own. She would end the foal’s reign of terror and give the stable-dwellers a happy ending once and for all! Just as soon as she found out what to do or where to go! The mare trotted off, the security office wouldn’t be her end goal, for sure. But it probably wasn’t the best place to go into alone. She didn’t want to look like she was overthrowing anything. Maybe more like she was… playing tourist? Yeah, that would work. She would just walk around the stable and look at all the old places she hadn’t seen in ages. If she found anything helpful while doing so, who could blame her? Right?

Let’s see… what would look innocent. How about the school? That was as good a place to start as any, right?

Bakewell made her way towards the school.
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:23 pm

Starry reached out a hoof to shake Mr. Stocks's. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Shutter's dad! Shutter and I have become very good friends after our time out in the wastes. Why, we've even consummated the relationship!"

Starry didn't give pause to let the statement sink in, she just kept on talking. "You've raised a very kind stallion, sir. Now that I think of it, I don't believe my sister has a coltfriend, so let me ask on her behalf; does Shutter have a brother?"

Starry glanced back at Jasmine and winked. "We're gonna get you a stallion!" she reassured her sister.
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:18 am

Before Violet could say much of anything to Jack, about other possibilities other than being up to no good, to the fact that ‘Sundae’ could have just been startled by a new pony, she certainly seemed the type, or that SHE was one of those ‘New Ponies’ and he didn’t seem suspicious of her...for some reason...Well, the point is he left before Violet could stop him. And although Violet saw a clear avenue of escape, she didn’t want to take it just yet.

No, that’d probably just get Jack mad. And then I’d have to kill him or something, which isn’t particularly high on my list of things I want to do. He doesn’t seem like TOO bad of a pony, besides that thing with the other foal. Don’t really know the circumstances behind that one yet though, will have to ask him later if I get the chance before I judge...Although he’d probably give a pretty biased version of events, will need to hear multiple ponies on that...But first...

But first she’d need to hear more about what happened in maintenance, before she decided on her next move. So, giving her biggest, brightest smile, she answered Sundae. “Hi Sundae! My name’s Violet.” she replied to the filly, enthusiastically shaking her hoof while she did so. “So, Sundae, tell Violet everything about this scary unicorn you saw! Don’t worry, I’ve had a lot of experience with big, mean, and scary ponies of all types! You have nothing to worry about while I’m around!”
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:09 am

Starry's honest remark went completely over her head. Her vocabulary is not exactly what it used to be; so she assumed that she was merely referring to their new relationship. For the moment she watched with glee as Shutter was reunited with her father. This truly was a dream come true-it seemed that for a little over a year nothing was going right in the stable. After hearing Starry's remark, she couldn't help but fly a quick lap around the room.

"Thtarry'th going to help me get a colt friend. Thtarry you're the cooletht thithter ever"!

Jasmine lands next to her sister and embraces her in a hug.

"Are you thure thereth a thtallion that'd go for an egghead like me"?!
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:58 pm

"A resistance meeting disguised as adult-only party? Both clever and risky... "

Arc moved himself the the back of the room, he recognized only few faces around, and only from seeing each other. That probably marked Arc as both intruder and a liability, and Arc hated being both. Still, Gear was a name he remembered, and helping them was a good way to earn some credit.

"Still... i would expect some more younger ponies to be here too...where's everpony around my age? Weren't younger ones supposed to be those always more inclined to revolve, especially in situations like these?"

Then Lightning and his father entered the room. Arc nodded Flash in silent greeting, and sat silent, wating what was going to happen.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Fabric Stocks was a bit surprised with the frankness by which Starry spoke of her and Shutter's relationship, but it was nothing unexpected from a daughter of Colt Johnson. What had really surprised him was the fact that his son had not only made friends, but was actually in a relationship with a mare, and had apparently slept with her!

"Sh-Shutter, I didn't even think you had the courage to talk to mares," was all he could say. He had completely ignored Starry's question, which was probably for the best. He let out a slight laugh, despite his state of shock, as he just recalled an old memory.

"You know, Colt Johnson and I made a wager on who's foal would be the first to go on a date. I think you just broke our game."

Sundance gave her son a long hug, and told him how happy she was that he was alright, before his father spoke up and addressed the small gathering.

"Alright, everypony. I want to start by welcoming my son and his friend to our little group here, and I hope they'll be able to help us here." Soarmeister had, of course, assumed that Arc was Lightning's friend, since it was easily deduced that they both entered the stable together.

"The plan is the same as before, continue to dig through the lower maintenance shaft. Let me recap for our new members; we've found maps of the geography around the stable, and there's a complex cavern system only about a hundred meters from a wall in one of the maintenance shafts. We've been digging our way through the wall with improvised tools, and storing the dirt in an unused storage room. It's going to take weeks to excavate to the other side, even longer since Gear was taken prisoner. There are two things we need to do. First, we have to save Gear. We know he's being tortured, and we've got a secluded section of Maintenance to hide him for a few weeks while we finish the tunnel. Second, there's a high-powered drill the foals are keeping in the armory. It's an old piece of machinery, a remnant of when they were excavating the tunnels for this stable during it's construction. If we can get a hold of that, we can dig through to the cavern in just a matter of hours. So, that's the recap."

Soarmeister took a deep breath. It was clear that he was not happy with what he was about to ask. "Lightning, you and your friend must have more experience with this sort of thing than any of us here do. We need you to rescue Gear, and, if at all possible, get your hooves on that drill. There's a backdoor path in the Stable entrance room that leads to the Overmare's office, which is connected to the security office and the cells. You'll need to access the secret path through the terminal, which is locked, and then sneak your way into the cells and free Gear. If you can, get to the armory down the hall from the security office and pick up that drill. And for the love of Celestia, don't kill any of the foals. They may not be on our side, but those foals are our children. Do you two think you can do this?"

Bakewell made her way toward the school. When she arrived, she was greeted by a grisly sight. Sitting behind the teacher's desk was the decomposing remains of the school's teacher. She had taught her entire life, and was the teacher for each and every stable pony for the past twenty years. Sunflower Smiles was her name, and even peeling away as it was, her flank displayed the image of a large sunflower with a smile upon it's face. She was the kindest teacher anypony could know, always saw the best in every one of her students. Now, she sat in her seat, sprawled lifelessly over the desk with a look of terror upon her face. Scribbled on the front of the desk, in what could reasonably be assumed to be Sunflower's own blood, were the words; "School's out forever".

The moment the door to the room opened, Bakewell could feel a warm sensation pouring over her, as though the entire room was some sort of oven. Her pipbuck began to tick slowly, a sign that the room was mildly irradiated. Bakewell didn't have time to search for a source, as she heard a groan from the direction of Sunflower Smiles. She clambered to her hooves. Her wilted, bright pink coat was hard to tell apart from the muscles underneath where the flesh had peeled away, though her bright yellow mane was clearly coated in a thick layer of blood.

Sunshine dashed around the desk, and charged straight toward Bakewell, with a mangled hoof lifted to strike her.

Sky searched around her house, possibly for some memento of her dead parents. She managed to find a jeweled necklace of her mother's, one which she had remembered was presented to her mother as a wedding gift. The search continued, and Sky soon came across a locked chest. It would be easy enough to break open with a hoof, or to unlock with a quick search for the key.

Within the chest were all sorts of things, pointing to Sky's family origins in the stable. These documents pointed to Sky's history from over two-hundred years ago, something which Sky would consider herself very lucky to find, especially since something so old might rationally be found in any number of other homes in the stable, seeing as how many of the families in the stable could trace their lineage back to one of the stable's first residents.

"Uhm, hi Violet, it's nice to meet you," Sundae responded, before nervously shuffling her hooves as she struggled to find the words to describe the unicorn she saw.

"He was, uhm... brown, with a black mane. I never saw him before, He came from the outside, like you. He was with you, too. We don't talk to any ponies from the outside. Jack talks to Ready, but he's special. We also talk to you, but you're special too. I think Jack likes you."
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Lightning would smile a little as he returned his mother's hug, unable to find the words to say at the moment. Thankfully, he didn't have to say anything yet as his father got up to address the crowd. Glancing back at Arc, he would just give him a simple nod of his head before turning to pay attention to his father. As he began to get the full idea of what they were planning, a look of dread began to wash through his face.

His job was to sneak into the cells, find Gear, rescue him, find the drill and retrieve the drill, all without harming the foals. That means this operation depended solely on stealth and if he and Arc was caught by even one foal and they got the alarm out, then the whole operation was busted. The pegasus wasn't sure if he could handle all that but he knew that his family, the other adults, depended on him. "It won't be easy, that's for sure...but I will definitely try. I got a few ideas we can try."

Lightning would look over at Arc and his look of dread was replaced by a look of determination. "Don't worry, Dad. Arc and I will get Gear out and we will get your drill." He took in a deep breath. They weren't going to be able to get to the Overmare's office without help though. "Here's my idea. There's no way we can sneak to the office, not without a distraction. Dad, Mom, if you can help provide a distraction, then we can hack into the Overmare's terminal and get into the cells. Once we know Gear is safe, the foals will be in a state of confusion and chaos which should give us enough time to sneak into the armory and get that drill. Arc, anything you would like to add?"
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Arc listened to Soarmeisters request, and the to Flash, then sat for a few moments, thinking.

"I can get us through the electronic lock, but still... it's the armory and holding cells, they will guard it, even though they are just fillies. We need either a way of dispatching them withouth killing them, or we need a diversion... Soarmeister, are the smoke detectors still working? We could try to cause an alarm at the other end of the Stable. Or perhaps if you have the chemical talismans used in air treatment, we could try to modify one to produce sleeping gas, or perhaps if you have some chemical equipment, we could maybe do somthing with that? Lightning, what do you think, any ideas to add?", said Arc, looking at Flash with concern.
    World Warden
    World Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by World Warden Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Soarmeister shook his head at the two. "We don't have any equipment like that, and we could try a diversion, but that's risky. You don't know how these foals deal with annoyances. The foals don't guard the stable entrance, at least not when the door's closed, so you should be safe while you try to get through the electronic lock. The path will then lead you to the overmare's office, which is locked from the inside. Unless the foals have broken the lock on the door, you should be safe there, too. That room connects directly to the security office, which connects to the hallway. Down the hall is the armory. If you're looking for something to help you out in this task, I'd wager you'll find it in the overmare's office."
    Arc Weld
    Arc Weld
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Arc Weld Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:03 pm

Arc's look grew even more worried after he learned that they will have to leg it. Still... they were going agains foals, of all things, they could outsmart them, of that he was sure.

"Delightfull, so we have no support or anything... well, what can we do... shall we go, Flash?"

Overmare's office... that should be good, if anything, the acces to her information could be a valuable asset.

Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Lightning couldn't help but frown a little at the entire mission. So his idea of a distraction wouldn't work. Only put more ponies in danger. And they have little to no equipment to help them on their mission. This was not going to be easy at all. Sighing, he would just nod his head a little at his father, "Alright...I understand, Dad. We'll get Gear out and get your drill. Let's go, Arc."

Waiting for the adults to open the door, he would peak his head out first to see if it was clear before motioning to Arc to follow. Hopefully, all the practice he had gotten in the wasteland of how to be sneaky will come in handy.
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:29 pm

The scene before Bakewell was horrifying. She had seen similar terrible scenes in the waste before; long dead skeletons left to stare endlessly at their long empty homes and jobs, tainted with the graffiti of angry and rude ponies who came along later in order to disgrace their tombs. The scenes had always made her sad, but not much else.

This… this was different. The dead mare wasn’t a nameless skeleton, it was Sunflower Smiles. Bakewell knew her. She has practically grown up with her alongside every other foal. And now… now she was dead. Murdered presumably by her own students who she had done no wrong against. What had her crime been? Giving the brats some basic reading assignment? The bloodied graffiti wasn’t even the icing on the cake. It was extra icing. The kind of extra icing that made you look at a cake and say “No thanks. That’s too much icing. I think I’ll just scrape some of that off before eating it.” Except it wasn’t icing. It was blood. Worse than blood, it was another lost chance. Another life that she hadn’t gotten to apologize for being in. Bakewell had given the teacher just as hard of a time as every other pony in the stable, and there was no way she would ever be able to make up for that. Make up for… this.

And then the horrifying happened. Mrs. Smiles decomposing body got up and charged Bakewell.

The earth pony had never encountered a ghoul before, sane or feral. She didn’t have the prior knowledge to go directly into an all out assault. Even had she known of ghouls and their habits, she probably would have still found herself having trouble re-killing a pony who she knew only as kind, sweet, and loving even in the face of total resistance. These combined caused Bakewell to foolishly try for the least likely to succeed course of action.

She tried to reason with it.

“Mrs. Smiles? Mrs. Smiles, wait! I’m not here to hurt you. Please don’t make me hurt you.” She begged as she adopted a defensive position, trying to block the ex-teacher’s hoof strike and occupy the ghastly mare’s forehooves in a grapple to keep the teacher from repeatedly striking her. “It’s me, Bakewell Tart? You remember me, right? You taught me how to read, and do math. I was never very good at math but you tried to teach me anyway. You were my favorite teacher! You were even at my cutiecinara thing!”
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:56 pm

Sky had tears in her eyes when she found the necklace of her mothers, Something she thought was lost since the attack took place. She held it close to her chest to embrace it to find, a single jeweled pendant necklace that was her mothers and passed down from the family. She put it around it her neck, the first time she had something around her neck since the slave collar going after the crazy doctor. But this was a good feeling rather than one of hate or shame, she felt proud to have it around her neck.

After another search around her Stable house, she came across a small locked chest with a key where she found her moth- Sky's necklace. The chest clicked and popped open, She peered inside the chest to reveal lots of documents. Each one seemed to be about the years of her family lineage to even to the first residents and the names of her first family inside the stable, a stallion named Lucky Sky. She wondered how this stallion was and why he was here, a paper with a name didn't offer much help. Sky looked in the chest again, This time she produced a couple photos of a pegasus stallion. Each photo a different way it was taken, one photo had him in a rather nice looking suit, a hat, and a toothpick in his mouth. On the corner of the photo written, "Lucky Sky, the boss of Manehatten."

Sky blinked for a sec, Boss of Manehatten? Who was this pegasus in the photo? She looked for more photos in the chest, another photo found he was at a small room, seated at a desk with other ponies dressed like him. The last photo she found was him with a pegasus mare, she was pregnant pegasus with a stable uniform. Written on the bottom "we will always be together." Sky could only see these were her ancestors. She peered in the chest again to see what these documents were all for, they were shipping lists, meetups, contacts, Weapon manifests, Bootlegging operations, contract hits? Sky put two to two together, he was a Mobpony. Most were taken out during the war by the M.o.M. she knew this from the history class when she was foal. She was related to that pegasus, he mind went into shock. She was related to a brutal pony who had part of manehatten in his hooves and she was related to him, this was something she didn't expect. She herself did something similar in Stableton but on a much much smaller scale, Sky only grinned at the documents and photos. Even 200 years and she did the same things as him, at the bottom of the pile she found a letter. Written by none other than Lucky Sky himself, a short letter about being lucky and his name actually meant it since he made it to a Stable. On the bottom of the chest was a map of manehatten, on it were locations of his entire operation. And his secret hideout, A note written next to the marker stating he will return for his Hat? And other stuff.

Sky Looked at the chest and things, She knew she had to look for more info on him. Something about him caught Sky's eye, She needed to know who he was. And what more he did and if that wasnt enough, she wanted to check out his hideout. Maybe he will have some goodies in his secret hideout, maybe he will have nothing there. She had to find out more about him, how he got in the Stable and to just for her to feel complete. Sky put all the info, pictures, and the hideout tag on her pipbuck, even all the information from the documents. Even she didn't know how that was possible, but she got everything into her pipbuck, she put back all the papers back into the chest, save for the pictures of the ancestor. She put those into a small pocket in her armor, those are a keepsake.

Now her mind a little bit more sane, she couldn't do anything about her parents. But this chest has revived her of her identity, Something to feel proud off other then sit around and mope all day. Sky was determined to go find his hideout and to see what was his life about, She quietly exited her Stablehome. She sighed as she now had to think of a way to save gear, If he was alive.
    Violet Star
    Violet Star
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Violet Star Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:35 pm

Violet just smiled at that last bit, not realizing the full implications. “Oh, that’s not weird, everypony likes me!” ‘Expect Slavers...and Raiders...and the foals in Friendship City...but besides that!’ “Anyway, I already knew all of that! There were only two unicorns in our group besides me, and Arc’s the only stallion! So really, it wasn’t hard to realize you were talking about him!” she explained, before further inquiring. “No, I want to know why he seemed scary. Did he yell at you? Growl? Sneeze? Threatened to devour your heart? Because somepony did that to me once, that wasn’t fun....Anyway, I don’t really know him that well, only knew him for a day, so I just want to know how he scared you!” she explained.
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:54 am

Shutter would have taken a sharp inhale when Starry mentioned they had slept together, which quickly turned into a terrified squeak when Starry asked if he had a brother. That question was going to get him thinking about what had happened to Shutter's mother, and they COULDN'T bring that up!

Fortunatly, when Shutter's father gave a chuckle, Shutter was able to exhale in relief. Apparantly he hadn't noticed part of the question (Thank you unobservantness!), which had possibly saved them a very depressing scene, and would give Shutter a chance to avoid said depressing scene in the future.

"Aha, well...these things happen, right dad? And I guess I've changed a lot out there...still not sure if it was for better or worse though...
    Now, if you excuse me, I need to talk with Starry and Jasmine alone for a second! Just remembered something I have to quickly tell them about that is vitally important! Be back in a moment!~"

Shutter said cheerfully, as he began to try and lightly shove Starry and Jasmine into the next room. What he had to say, he couldn't risk his dad overhearing...
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:44 am

Starry was a little puzzled at Shutter's sudden insistence for privacy, though she allowed Shutter to push her into the next room. It wasn't something Shutter did regularly, so odds were this was important.

When the three were finally alone in another room, Starry looked at Shutter quizzically. "What's up, Shutter? What's so super secret that not even your dad can hear it?"
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:06 am

Shutter quickly dropped his voice to a whisper, as he made sure the door was shut.

"Starry...you've gotta be careful when you talk around my Dad about...well...family...he's never really gotten over..."

It was at this point Shutter realized that he has going to leave out details if he explained it in that way, and gave a short sigh.

"...I'd better start from the beginning...When I was born, there were apparantly some...complications with the procedure...Not only was I born early, very weak...but my Mother didn't survive the procedure. Dad's never really been able to move on, and talking about her, or what could have been, like siblings and the like...well, it causes him to get really depressed..."

Shutter tried to explain, as he gave a heavy sigh.

"The last time I let slip the wrong question...he locked himself in his sewing room for two days...by the time I convinced him to come out, he'd not only lost an unhealthy amount of weight, but had used up nearly all his fabric supply on useless hats...it was not a pleasant time trying to convince him to take them apart before the overmare found out...
    ...Uh...anyway...you need to be careful what you say when it involves family around him. I should have told you before we arrive, but it didn't occur, I was just too excited to get to see him again..."
    Jasmine Beat
    Jasmine Beat
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Jasmine Beat Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:44 pm

This touching family reunion was going so well, she could bearly stand the wait before Shutter met her own mother. And surely the news of her sister bringing home a stallion and managing to survive the harsh wastes would bring a smile to her face! Too bad theovermare can't be here to appreciate this news as well thought Jasmine to herself. Suddenly her focus was brought back to reality as Shutter was pushing Starry and her into the adjacent room. His attempt to subtley herd them away for privacy initially went over her head.

Jasmine giggled to herself in what she thought was the close embrace of her sister and her colt friend, "aww, group hug"!

Her perception was quickly corrected as Shutter revealed the tragic past of his family. Jasmine hated tragic news, and by the time the tale had ended she couldn't help but get choked up by the story.

"Aww Thutter I'm tho thorry, OOH! Would you like a hug?! Maybe your dad would like one too!" Jasmine for the moment became set on alleviateing the pain in their hearts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:08 pm