Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+16
Happy Trails
Ginger Ale
Bone Head
Scrap Parts
Big Rodeo
Atriark
Cross Roads
Shopkeep
Lightning Flash
Blitz
Bakewell Tart
Night-Shade
Blast Cap
Galactic Dash
Sky
World Warden
20 posters

The Milk Run (soldiers)

Atriark
    Atriark
    Level 7
    Level 7

The Milk Run (soldiers) - Page 6 Empty Re: The Milk Run (soldiers)

Post by Atriark Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:24 am

Atriark holsered his rifle quickly, doing all he could to keep his anger from boiling over. This 'Brass' was either a bloody moron, or he was striving to get them all killed. Three of the ones he came here with were downed and most likely killed, two being his friends, one of which he knew intimatly. He seethed for two reasons, one being his friends were more likely dead, two being now they were without air support. And, from what he's seen of the Enclave, all of them were pegasi.

"You can shove your radio up your ass." Atriark growled at Brass. Whether he heard it or not, was of no concern to the zebra runt. As he rushed his way outside and skid to a hault next to Sky.

Atriark gasped and tried to keep his eyes from welling up as he looked upon a mare he cared deeply for. He felt nauseous as he gazed at Sky and, try as he might, he felt a tear eascape. Quickly, the Stable 113 zebra hoisted Sky onto his back and made a mad dash for the trenches, crying out for a stretcher. Maybe, if he got her to the M.A.S.H., Sky's life could be saved.
    Bakewell Tart
    Bakewell Tart
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Bakewell Tart Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:26 am

Bakewell stared at the dead pony in front of her for a few seconds before copying Blitz’s earlier action and removed the helmet. The mare clenching her eyes shut as the visual line between pony and monster fell away, and relied on her sense of feel to find the enclave’s tags. It took a bit longer than it should have but she did eventually remove the identifying pieces of metal, which she then delivered to the white unicorn himself before heading back to the trench.
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Dash had just been re-steadying himself when he saw that this particular engagement had come to a close. The time for celebration wasn't necessarily now, Dash knew. He still felt absolutely horrible about not being able to get Lightning out of the line of fire. He quickly galloped out roughly at the same time as Atriark, and went to the crumbled darker blue pegasus buck.

At first glance he didn't look like he was alive. But but with a closer inspection, he could still see Lightning still taking breaths, "Lightning!? Are you okay?" Dash said, "Can you hear me? Goddesses, I'm sorry, man! Somepony! Lightning's still alive as well! Are you gonna call some medics over here or will i have to help get thses ponies to Mash myself?" He grabbed himself one of the Health Potions and immediately brought it over to Lightning, "Lightning? You awake? C'mon, man, drink this!"

(Medicine 25, using a health potion on Lightning)
    Night-Shade
    Night-Shade
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Night-Shade Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Night-Shade came out of cover and looked at what he saw before him. He just put his gun away and walked over to the nearest dead enclave soldier, he found a health potion and took it. He looked over at Brass. Shade felt at a loss of words, he couldn't speak. He looked around for Blast Cap but couldn't find him. He would call out to him but he couldn't open his mouth. He felt depressed, saddened.

(take 1 health potion)
    Blitz
    Blitz
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blitz Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:38 pm

Blitz watched Bakewell as she took the helmet off of the dead enclave trooper and retrieved his tags. Then she walked up to him and gave him the tags and he gave a brief nod and attempted a reassuring smile, reading the name on it before he walked towards the stallion, prising the plasma rifle off of his armour after a moment of fussing around with it, then trotting to another and repeating the process of removing another plasma rifle, keeping hold of it with his magic.

Then... he saw a pony standing over the griffon that had been with the other fliers, the one that looked like a raider. Trotting hastily over to him, Blitz gave Ginger a small nudge with his hoof. "What're you doing, staring at him like that? Let's just get someone to drag his gribbly ass to the medics, then he's their problem." He started as he looked around for the other unicorns, then to Brass, calling out to the earth pony. "I hope you don't mind, but we need to get these flyers to the medics. So how about a call for someone to come collect the wounded?"

(Picking up two plasma rifles)
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:53 pm

It was blitz the other white unicorn in the squad. He stared at him, of course he wouldn't know about ale's struggle, he wouldn't understand why bone head deserved death, but he could at least try to explain. Ale turned back to the fallen griffin and began to speak. "You don't understand, i can't just let the the medics take him, he should have died out there and yet fate seems to want him alive. This bird has destroyed my life, when i was just a colt he came to my family's farm and murdered by parents right in front of me." Ale's voice started to shake as the memories started to flood back. "He, he gutted them and displayed the bodies on the front porch. And, and he, he." Ale took a deep breath trying to steady his voice. "He took me as a slave, i was imprisoned in his raider camp for six years, six years! Do you have any idea what i had to suffer? And if thats not enough, even after i escape and thought him to be dead, he still hunts me like an animal. Every Night i have to sleep with one eye open, every day i have to constantly watch my back for him." Ale sighed and looked back to blitz. "After all that you'd think it would be easy to pull the trigger, but i just can't. Am, am I a coward?" He asked blitz, "Or after everything he's done, does he still deserve a second chance?"
    Blitz
    Blitz
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blitz Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:42 pm

Blitz furrowed his brow as Ginger told him about what this griffon had done to supposedly ruin his life. "Think about it this way, man. You're still alive and in one piece, aren't you? Despite all this feathered bastard has done to you, you're still alive, so how about this..." Blitz trailed off, nudging the griffon with his hoof before looking at Ginger again. "Just leave him to do his own thing, you've got your own hide to protect, if he comes after you, put a bullet between his eyes, otherwise just leave him be. You shouldn't have to be afraid that he's gonna jump in and ice you out of nowhere if you just don't care about him while he gets himself torn apart."

Blitz then grinned and pushed Ginger a little bit. "Come on, we need to get to the trenches whilst the medics come and collect these guys." Blitz said with a chuckle, trotting off towards the trenches.
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Ale sighed as he stood up and holstered his revolver. "You know what your right, if it wasn't for this bastard then i wouldn't have been prepared for a lot of things the wasteland had thrown at me." ale started to walk over to the trenches stopping only for a moment to look over his shoulder at the fallen grif. "you get better you son of a bitch, i need that constant threat of yours to keep me at the top of my game." Ale resumed his walk to the trench, eventually catching up to the unicorn that stopped him from making a huge mistake. He walked along side blitz and started to make conversation. "Thanks for that by the way, if i had just killed him then i wouldn't have been any better then the raiders i despise." He looked to the other white unicorn and added. "Names ginger ale, don't think i ever caught yours mr...."
    Blitz
    Blitz
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blitz Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:18 pm

"Blitz, don't worry about it, Ginger. I got to admit, I wasn't expecting to be listened to." He said as they reached the trenches. "Let's just go."
    Blast Cap
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Blast snapped out of his trance-like state and regained his awareness, quickly pocketing the tags he had taken he sighs, these were not the same ponies he once knew and now coming to terms with that he was ready to do what he came here for. The sound of gunfire had subsided so he quickly ran to the nearest sounds of talking and found his battle buddy Night-Shade and walked up. "Sorry Shade, i- uh had a moment but im good now." he said as he eyed all of the fallen Enclave troopers and quickly went around taking their tags to add to the first one. he ran back to Shade and waited for Shade to get ready to head back to the trench.
    Game Warden
    Game Warden
    Master of the Universe

Post by Game Warden Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:30 am

When the team of recruits finally got assembled after the morning bugle call Brass rose from his chair at mouth of his tent and trotted to 'greet' hist squad.

"Listen up," He barked, "Yesterday three of our teammates got put out of the fight. We're lucky enough to be getting two back. Make no mistake this is only the grace of Luna that's bringing them back to us. They got sloppy, thought they could improvise beyond the orders given, and were punished for it. Let it be a learning experience, listen to my orders, and act on them instead of your gut feeling, and you'll survive. Choose to do what you think is best, and you'll end up visiting our lovely MASH tent."

"Now," He turned and began pacing in front of his recruits, "Firebase Echo was hit so hard last night their mamma can't recognize them. So we're gonna be heading out their to help remind them what the fuck it means to be an Apostol. This is considered an active combat zone, so while you may not see any Enclave, do not let your guard down. We'll be with one of the many securing teams patrolling the outer trenches. If you see something, call out so I can get on the radio and raise the alarm. Otherwise keep together and keep your mouths off the trigger."

With his little speech done Brass turned and led the group off to Echo.

------------------------------------------------

When the team arrived they were quickly assigned to help one of the other patrols as they walked along their route. As Brass had predicted things were quiet for the most part. From what could be seen this was just going to be a routine patrol, nothing more, nothing less. Far from the worst straw they could draw.
    Ginger Ale
    Ginger Ale
    Level 7
    Level 7

Post by Ginger Ale Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Ale trotted through the snow, his rifle levitating next to him. He had spent a large majority of night before fixing up the old gun. He'd removed a large amount of rust from it's metalworks, he replaced some of the older and worn out parts, he even christened it. The shotglass was now a new rifle and ale was eager to try her out on some metal SOB.

Ale's eyes were open and his ears were perked up, he looked for anything out of the ordinary, he listened for any tell tale signs of enclave activity, if anything happened in the immediate vicinity ale would know.

(Perception-7, looking and listening for enclave.)
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Dash rubbed his wings against his sides to maintain warmth as he followed the rest of the squad, muttering in his head about how dumb that strafing run order had been. Since the time in Firebase Bravo, he had practiced with the Marksmare Carbine and had gotten a feel for it. It seemed like he was able to pick up pretty much any weapon and attune to it very quickly lately. He had also retrieved his Sniper Rifle, but had ditched his 10mm SMG and Hunting Rifle somewhere they'd be safe.

Still bundled up in his combat armor, Dash kept an eye open for Enclave with the carbine slung over his neck and back, ready for use.

Last edited by Galactic Dash on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 pm

The next day, after Lightning had been sent to the MASH just a day before, was forced to get out of bed, rather abruptly, unhooked from his IV and his supply of Med-X, and pushed to go into another mission in the Milk Run. This, and the pain that the blue pegasus felt when he walked, annoyed him. However, this did not put much of a damper on his mood. Last night, he had finally summoned up the courage to say his true feelings to Shooting Spectrum and to know that she felt the same way back made him soar to the sky. Metaphorically, of course. His wing was still broken and he was still grounded.

The call came so quickly, Lightning didn't even get a chance to go talk to Spectrum again before he left but however, he, at least, got his gear back. There was no way he could carry it all so Lightning decided to go light today. His sniper rifle, his pistol, that's all he was able to carry with him. Regrouping with all the others, he arrived just in time to hear Brass' speech about him messing up. Lightning grit his teeth slightly and simply fell in line as they went out on patrol. Limping heavily, the pegasus wore his combat armor for once. Something that he did not wear on a normal basis.
    Bone Head
    Bone Head
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Bone Head Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:16 am

Bone head stayed near the other pegasi as they walked through the snow. He'd seen their combat prowess first talon and he trusted them the most. His movement was a bit staggered however, his leg was still bruised from his trip to the MASH and he was trying to keep weight off of it, it would not hinder him should the fighting break out though, the griffin never liked to stay on the ground when there was a fight. Speaking of flight, bone head looked at the blue pegasus that had led the flyers into battle last time, his wing was broken and he was cursed to walk the earth like any other lesser being. "You hate this don't you?" he said the the earthbound pegasus. "You hate being stuck down here with the other wingless ponies, I can see it in you eyes, you long for the sky."
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:53 pm

Lightning decided that it was best to stick close to Dash, despite his little mess-up during the last battle. But the situation was tough and it was extremely fluid. Anything could have happened and he was grateful that the black pegasus even tried to help him. Dash even brought his marefriend to him last night so he considered themselves even in terms of debt.

As Lightning walked with the others, pain was constantly burning in his limbs and in his body. How great was it that he was forced into battle again, still hurt, and grounded. His ears perked up as a voice would catch his attention. That griffon that was part of his squadron yesterday. Generally, the blue pegasus wouldn't care about walking on the earth. But losing his wings and being forced to walk, that irked him. Worse, the Enclave, a group he was beginning to hate with an intense passion, owned the sky with their excellent flying skills. Something that Lightning wanted a second chance on and that he wanted to improve on his own skills so he could beat them. "...I don't exactly hate it. While I do love the sky, I hate to know that the Enclave are up there, ruling the sky, when it shouldn't even belong to them. They have proven to be an evil group and I hate being grounded when I know that I can fly faster and better!"
    Bone Head
    Bone Head
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Bone Head Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Bone head looked over the pegasus, on top of his wing being broken he was also covered in burns and seemed to wince every time he took a step. As he studied the pony he noticed the sniper rifle slung over his shoulder and began to ponder. "He has weapons, but no way of flying, and I am without weapons but am able to fly." Bone head slowed his pace so the blue pegasus would be able to keep up as the two discussed bone's crazy idea. "I have a proposition for you flightless one, As you can see, the last encounter left my weapons in a state of disrepair" bone motioned to the sledgehammer he carried, it's wooden shaft splintered and the head dented. "and as much as I value the lethality of my talons I very much doubt I will be able to claw my way into a suit of enclave armor. You however have a high powered rifle at your disposal, but without the ability to fly it's effectiveness is severely lessened due to the enclave have elevation on you. So here is my offer, I can carry you, I'm more than strong enough to support your weight and I can give you an edge on those flying bastards. Don't let my massive form fool you, I can fly with the best of them, you just focus on keeping the tin cans off us and i'll ensure we do not get hit. So what do you say pony, care to ride a griffin into battle?"
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:10 am

Dash took a deep breath of the frigid air and let it out, steam emanating from his nostrils. He looked over at Bone Head and Lightning as they conversed. He smirked and shook his head, but said nothing. He was already starting to get a little tired of this place and its cold. Although back in Friendship City, there were brisk water breezes, they at least hadn't been absolutely bucking frigid.
    Lightning Flash
    Lightning Flash
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Lightning Flash Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:25 pm

Lightning raised his brow as when he heard what the griffon proposed. As much as he would love to take off and fly, he would rather fly on his own than on the back of another griffon. And plus, chances are, they would simply be shot down and the stallion will end up hurt again. He shook his head at Bonehead, "Thanks, but no thank you. As skilled as flyer you are, I think I will stay on the ground this time. I can do more damage with my sniper while my hooves are on solid ground."
    Blitz
    Blitz
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blitz Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 pm

Blitz joined all the other soldiers in heading for Firebase Echo, quiet and pleased with himself as he toted one of the two plasma rifles he now had whilst joining the patrol.

He was sure to keep his magic's grip away from the firing mechanism, so to not fire any shots without intending to, but he made sure to at least try and keep his ears and eyes peeled for any signs of Enclave.

"Why could these bastards not just come down with fucking hugs and kisses instead of plasma and armour? Sure, it's more fun to fight them, but I gotta say, I'd be very interested in a pega-sis if she wasn't pointing magical energy weapons at me."
    Blast Cap
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:52 pm

Blast kept a brisk pace not only to keep up with the group heading to Echo base but more importantly to stay warm. Blast couldnt help but smile at the other unicorns comment so he decided to get involved this time "you and me both," he added "theres something thats so very appealing about a mare thats got herself a nice pair of wings am i right?" he says nudging the other unicorns side but careful not to touch the plasma rifles.
    Blitz
    Blitz
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blitz Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:03 pm

Hearing Blast Cap's comment and chuckling lightly, Blitz nodded a little. "They've got that otherworldly charm about them, you know? The wings are something you're not used to seeing unless you've seen a Dashite or the like. Moreso if you've never actually even felt a pegasi's wings." Blitz started, pausing to look out once more.

"I was told by my father that a pegasi's wings are the toughest parts of them, harder to break and such because of how vital they are to what the pegasi used to do, so wing injuries were big things before the war and all. Though, I have no idea if that's true, he's told me a lot of stories since I was a little colt."
    Blast Cap
    Blast Cap
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Blast Cap Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:20 pm

Blast smiled a bit wider "yeah ive head that a pair of wings can make things quite interesting" he said chuckling to himself. Blast kept his eyes looking at the snowy surroundings and shivered a little. Blitz brought up something his father had told him and Blast nodded "yeah, ive-" he thinks for a second on how to say what he knew without giving away exactly how much "heard that their wings can be diabled easily but completely taking the things off is practically impossible without a chainsaw, or so ive heard." he says watching all the surroundings for movement
    Galactic Dash
    Galactic Dash
    Level 10
    Level 10

Post by Galactic Dash Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:54 pm

Dash sniffed and wiped his nose with a hoof as more of the brisk wind singed it with cold. He then looked over as Blitz and Blast Cap were apparently discussing mares of the Pegasus race, "Huh?" Dash inquired, sounding a little bemused, "Are you two really talking about Pegasus mares?"
    Bone Head
    Bone Head
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Bone Head Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:55 pm

Bone head sighed at lightnings response, "I thought a pegasus would be a bit more adventurous. But no your just like all the other cretens, no ambition, no desire to take risk, just willing to stick to what's familiar." Bone leaned closer to flash and spoke in a low tone. "Let me tell you something pony, sticking to what's familiar is why your race is on the bottom of the food chain, no risk, no reward. Just remember that the next time fate presents you with an opportunity to rise above the others." And with that bone increased his pace and slowly made his way towards the front of the group. As he walked he past two other ponies talking about pegasi mares. "Great." he thought, "Just what we need, our soldiers fantasizing about the enemy." And then their conversation shifted to to toughness of their wings. He spoke up, "Now if a pegasus wings are anything like a griffins then they wouldn't be that hard to break. After all the bones are hollow so there is less weight there and hollow bones can snap quite easily if the right amount of force is applied in the right places." The griffin mused with a bit of enjoyment in his voice. "If you wish to take one of those enclave out of the sky then your best bet is to break the main bone supporting it." bone head outstretched his own wing to give the unicorns a visual demonstration. "This bone is near the front of the wing and the closer to the base, the better chance of hitting it. Break that bone and pegasus will be unable to flap his wing, and will be cursed to walk the earth like the rest of you."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:51 am