Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+7
Octane
Jackpot
Swift Claws
Sublime
Amnesia
True Cause
Sub Warden
11 posters

Caravan Co. of the West (CLOSED)

Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Caravan Co. of the West (CLOSED) Empty Caravan Co. of the West (CLOSED)

Post by Sub Warden Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:07 am

The warm, early morning sun was setting in and whisking away the cold, stale air of the dark night. About twilight, the skies were still dark but lighting up as it rose above the cloud cover which began to grow dark and thick, burdened with the weight of an on-coming thunderstorm. The wind was virtually non existent, and the only sound coming from New Appleoosa was the sound of brahim mooing. Four brahim stood outside the office of the Caravan Co. of the West building within the town. Their backs were tacked and layered over with bags upon bags upon cases and crates and boxes. One was even pulling a wagon behind it. Standing beside them were four ponies, a ghoul, unicorn pony with dull purple eyes and matted purple hair that was falling out and about two good teeth in his mouth was the first. He wore an average caravaner's outfit, and a ratty looking straw hat. The outfit was a basic plaid western shirt with a vest layered over it, the pockets weighed down heavily with tools and nick-knacks.

The next was a small framed pegasus mare with purple coat and wild red and pink mane and tail. She wore a set of authority glasses on the bridge of her muzzle, and was protected by a suit of reinforced leather armor. Strapped to her back was a battle-saddle with a sniper rifle equipped. Next, was a much, much larger pony. He had a broad chest and jaw, and fit looking quarters and toned muscles. His coat was a maroon color, and his hair was a silvery grey color which clashed rather carelessly with his lime-green colored eyes. He was wearing a suit of reinforced combat armor, and mounted on his back was the large case for a mini-gun. The fourth pony was a tall, gangly looking light green stallion with a white spotted nose, and a yellow spotted rump. He had pea-soup colored mane with a grey stripe through it, and bright green eyes. He wore a simple vest with a red cross on the front pocket, and a set of yellow saddlebags with pink butterfly buckles.

"Alright!" Rasped the ghoul to the others. He appeared to be the leader of the group. "Those mercs we hired should be waking up any moment now. Hopefully we didn't get any wasteland punks who don't know how to carry their own weight."

"Or will complain about the walk..." the pegasus mare added. The other two ponies, as well as the brahim, all nodded.

Last edited by Sub Warden on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
    True Cause
    True Cause
    Level 2
    Level 2

Caravan Co. of the West (CLOSED) Empty Re: Caravan Co. of the West (CLOSED)

Post by True Cause Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:36 am

True cause was up bright and early, shortly after the unicorn ghoul had spoken about waking up she was finishing tying up a simple worn out bedroll to her back and securing her weapons in place, one last check for those. Blue unicorn with the striking green eyes and the wavy flat black mane came to stand near the rest of the group that was actually part of the caravan without saying much at all to them or anypony else, just like she'd been the night before. True Cause had shown herself to be all business and no play, though very obedient for the job she had signed up to perform. Truth be told she was glad she'd finally found some semblance of civilization despite her silence.

It continued though as she stood there, waiting for the rest to arrive with them and watching the group that was sponsoring the traverse. Rather intently, and making little effort to hide it though she did occasionally glance around, as if making sure that everything was still clear. Again, she mostly just blatantly observed, even should the other's show up she just watched them all the same, as if quietly judging everypony on how they acted.
    Amnesia
    Amnesia
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Amnesia Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:04 am

A young, tan pegasus mare glided in from the distance and landed next to True. She casually trotted by her and nodded a wordless greeting. As usual, Amnesia was on time and ready to go. Checking herself one last time, she patted her pockets and ensured her bag was secured. Her gun was there, her knife in its sheath. This was it. Her first job in the Equestrian wasteland.

Amnesia stood there, but was unable to keep herself still. She was full of energy, stepping from side to side. Anypony could tell she was excited, although her facial expression didn't exactly suggest so. It was straight and nonchalant, but she definitely couldn't wait to start working. She looked to her employers, and gave a casual salute.
    Sublime
    Sublime
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Sublime Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:08 am

Sublime trotted merrily out of a nearby inn. She levitated a sandwich out in front of her, a few bites taken already, jaw happily chewing on her breakfast as she made her way toward the forming group in front of the caravan office. She finally made it as she finished the last bite of her sandwich, and looked about at the others who had began to gather. The ghoul she had recognized from the day before. The others, not so much; but she figured they were employees or hired mercs. None the less, she offered a friendly wave and a smile to them, ready to start the journey.
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:13 am

The ghoul looked at the newcomers with a judgmental gaze. "Great, looks like the strong silent type," he growled sarcastically to his three employees. They said nothing, just stared. Then a happy mare wandered over with a sandwich and waved. "And then there's that one..." he complained, turning around and looking toward the other mercs who had just arrived.

"Alright... anypony else? Or is this it... I'm betting that since only a third of the ponies who I get today will be competent, I'm going to need a lot more than this. This ain't about to be a walk through the industrial park its gonna suck; I can't have anypony whos going to complain or whine or do any of that. We'll just shoot you, we don't need the trouble. Anyone who isn't going to be a pain in my ass can stay, the rest need to go now while they still have the chance," he growled to those who had showed up, hoping to intimidate them in some way. Possibly to show he was serious about the job and only wanted those who would be dedicated.

Last edited by Sub Warden on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Swift Claws
    Swift Claws
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Swift Claws Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:14 am

Swift Claws was underground quietly listenign to the ponies talk and move about. She felt the ones who hired her moving about their buisness and another one a ways off. She decieded to make a joke as and entrance and silently dug undermeath True Cause. She dug a little bit and made sure the floor wouldn't react until she wanted it to. After she had it all set up she set up the pull string and popped her head otu of the ground right next to the pony and yelled "BOO." While pulling the trap, causeing her to fall down into a hole up to her waist. Swift started to howl with laughter and pointed at her.

Gets up out of her own hole and shakes the earth off before looking around and saying to no one in particlualr "The name is Swift Claws, explorer."
    True Cause
    True Cause
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by True Cause Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:20 am

True cause had been quite a target for the prank it seeme,d intent on listening to what the ghoul unicorn was saying as she mentally smirked about his worries of complaints, this certainly was going to be interesting, she already imagined how th eothers would whine and moa- "ACK!" she cried out as the DD showed herself ,less out of being startled by the dog and more out of her backside suddenly falling out from under her. Her ears flattened on her head as she quickly moved to keep her balance, True was rather incredibly graceful for a unicorn after all and so she didn't fall too terribly, her hooves hitting the softened dirt with a THUMP as she caught herself, heckles risen though. She glared at the dog, "This is not a game." she muttered, mostly to herself as she pulled herself out of the hole and shook herself off some to loosen the dirt around her belly and hind legs.

Definitely aggravated though, the piercing glare she gave Swift was nearly enough to set her on fire! After a few seconds though she forced herself to return to the matters at hand. They were on hte same team, there wasn't much else she could do. Not yet.
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:20 am

The ghoul then looked over to witness the show before him. He groaned again and rubbed at his head with a hoof. "Oy vey," he complained. "Stop clowning around, there will be none of that on my tail!" he barked.
    Jackpot
    Jackpot
    Level 3
    Level 3

Post by Jackpot Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:44 am

There were times when being undead came in handy. Not needing sleep or food was an incredible bonus on long journeys, allowing Jackpot to cover a significant distance in a relatively short time. He did not need to stop and rest as the living did, nor was he burdened by things like rations or water. Jackpot had been walking all night, and as a result was several hours early for the meeting. He decided to use the chance to try and refresh himself, and passed the time waiting for the sun to rise sitting on a rusted old barrel slowly leaking a mysterious green ooze. As the sun peeked above the horizon, he got back to his feet. Feeling rather rejuvenated, he set off to the appointed meeting place. Regrettably, he hadn't absorbed enough rads for any real benefit, just enough to give him a bit more energy. It was rather akin to a hot cup of coffee, actually.

Approaching the caravan, Jackpot was pleased to see another ghoul in the group. On the whole, his kind received rather poor treatment, so it was nice to see one that was respected and successful. Moving through the town, He kept his hood up and made sure his tattered bandages obscured the most heavily decayed parts of him. From a distance, he could pass as a rather mangy and ragged diamond dog. It was only when you got close enough to see under his hood or notice the spots of decay on his uncovered hide that his true nature became apparent. Things were so much less complicated when people assumed he was merely a down-on-his luck diamond dog rather than an undead one. He gazed around the assembled ponies, assessing the group as he made his way towards the ghoul who seemed to be in charge.

"Not quite everypony. I'm coming along-" His words were cut off as another diamond dog popped out of the dirt not far away, dropping a blue unicorn into a hole. Jackpot recognized the trick but said nothing, mirroring the other ghouls sentiments. This one would bear watching...
    Octane
    Octane
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Octane Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:58 am

Rhodu could feel the wind whipping through his wings as he plummeted to the earth below him. As he fell head over tail the only thought that went across his mind was simple one, "So this is how I'm going to die? falling from the sky like some newborn..." Looking down he could see the faint dots of others who had unfortunatly gathered in his crash zone. He was never going to find the dragon who killed his village, he would never... No those are not the thoughts of a griffon about to die. His mind turned to the brighter memories of his life, the first time he ever went hunting. His first time with another griffon, heh that was a night.

As he looked at the ground he smiled one last time. Closing his eyes he folded his wings in and embraced the death that was about to befall him... or so he thought. As he hit the ground a small thump could be heard as a cloud of dust shot up from where he landed. He had by some force landed on top of a tunnel that caved in and cushioned his fall, managing him to land safely without even a scratch. As the dust cleared the shape of Rhodu could be seen in the hole passed out from the force of impact.
    Swift Claws
    Swift Claws
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Swift Claws Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:01 am

Swift was offering a paw in appology when she suddenly sniffed the air and caught the scent of something she only smelled once in her life. She caught the scent of a ghoul diamond dog. She froze in mid movement and looked over at the new arrival and whipmered slightly before taking a step away and walking over to an empty barrel neabry she threw up into it. When her body was doen convulsing she turned around and snarled "Filth." She puffed out her rather tiny chest and stormed up to him, she gagged as the smell assualted her nostrils. "You are a no good filthy diamond dog ghoul." She said as sh lifted a finger and acted to poke him. "Thanks to your kind my family is dead."
    True Cause
    True Cause
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by True Cause Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:04 am

True Cause was just out of the ground and grumbling when a certain griffon came crashing down into the dirt right where she'd just been and just about scared the bajeebus out of her, "Really!?" She cried out in shock and frustration as she ducked low and looked back, ready to buck the next person that was trying to play another prank on her right in the teeth! Seemed that was going to be difficult though, given that this one didn't have teeth. "I think we already have a casualty." she said, that aggravated tone still in her voice as she turned around to prod at the unconscious griffon with a levitated rock, "Possibly."
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:15 am

The ghoul shook his head at the scene before him. "Alright, alright! Everyone shut the hell up!" he called, climbing up on top of the wagon so everypony could see him. "Stop horsing around, its time to get down to business! Also, show some respect to the ghoul, I know we may seem so tough like we're absolutely not falling apart, but that doesn't mean our feelings aren't that tough too! So stow it!"

While this was happening, the green unicorn medic whom worked with the company approached the griffon whom had just crash landed. "Are you okay, sir?" he asked, nudging the griffon softly with a hoof.

"How many more bodies are we expecting, Rodney?!" the ghoul demanded, turning to the large, red earth pony with a mini gun. He turned to the ghoul, and shrugged. The ghoul turned back forward to face the crowd "Excellent work keeping track, Rodney! We'll wait ten more minutes then whoever didn't show ain't comin'," he announced.
    Jackpot
    Jackpot
    Level 3
    Level 3

Post by Jackpot Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:23 am

Jackpot facepawed with a groan. well this is just fuckin' excellent, he thought. Theres no way this operation could possibly go wrong! Not with a group as competend and professional as this!

Dropping his paw back to the side, the canine ghoul gave the caravaneer his best 'are you bucking kidding me?' look and padded over to peek down the griffin-shaped hole with a sigh. "...We should probably try and dig him out, but its his own damn fault for falling. Here, let me help you out of there." He dropped to one knee and extended a paw down to True to pull her out. He had been doing his best to ignore the trickster, but he looked over as she started retching into a barrel. He raised an eyebrow quizzically, although the other dog couldn't see it under his hood. Jackpot listened to her words impassively, but sighed again once she finished.

"Look," he said, his arm still dangling down the hole, "I don't know who you are or what happened to you, and to be honest I don't really care. I have no quarrel with you, and I can assure you that it was not I who killed your family. Hate me if you will, it makes no difference to me. Just know that I wish you no harm, and I would much prefer it if we can just avoid all the pointless nonsense that will inevitably stem from whatever the tragedy in your past was. If you don't like me, I'll stay as far away as I can."
    Octane
    Octane
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Octane Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:24 am

Rho shifted in his hole softly as he was poked, after a while he finally realized he had survived and was being poked by the group he landed next to. His eyes shooting open he jumped out of the hole and began to apologize profusely for what happened. But all the group could hear was the sound of a bunch of clacking and caawing coming from the griffon. After a while of this he looked around and saw no griffon was there, puzzled he looked around at all the new sights quickly getting visually overloaded. As he walked in circles he had to stop before he fell down and passed out again, that was the last thing he needed. Blinking heavily he waited for his head to stop spinning as he stood his ground and tried to get back his barrings.
    Amnesia
    Amnesia
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Amnesia Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:25 am

Amnesia had simply watched the entire event unfold before here all while thinking, "What the hell is going on," and a face that only confirmed her thoughts. After hearing the ghoul growl she froze and turned towards him wearing a stern, determined look. "Yes sir!"
    True Cause
    True Cause
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by True Cause Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:30 am

Looked back to see the offered rotting paw and reached up a hoof to let him help her out, they were both damned after all. Pulling herself up before she looked back to see the Griffon having himself a nice little fit there and then half spreading across the ground, cawing and clucking, as she took, it randomly before she'd sigh softly It was the wasteland after all, she couldn't expect things to be normal. "Are we going to be bringing that with us?" she asked the rest of them. "It seems like it could be dangerous. Myabe we should leave it." she said casually.
    Swift Claws
    Swift Claws
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Swift Claws Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:36 am

Swift just glared at the ghouls as she went over and tossed the griffin a big ole slab of meat from her bag. "He probably isn't even from equestria if he can't talk pony." She turned back to the others and nodded at True. "I agree with Miss Uptight, we leave him behind and don't have to worry about the extra weight." She calmly sat down on the gorund waiting for a response.

Last edited by Swift Claws on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:39 am

"That's not an it!" barked the purple pegasus with the authority shades. She approached the blue mare and stood only a few feet back. "That's a griffon, and we ain't leavin' him if he wants ta come along with us!" She then turned to the griffon and gave him a dull look through her shades, looking him up and down. She cleared her throat, then suddenly let out a caw, followed by a hoot. She had just asked "Who are you and why are you here?"
    True Cause
    True Cause
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by True Cause Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:43 am

True Cause glanced briefly toward Swift for the uptight comment, it was true, before then looking to the Pegasus who saw fit to get so close to her, listening patiently to her before she'd respond. "It's your caravan." she said simply, adding another to her mental list as she turned and trotted off just a bit, once more checking to make sure she had everything on her as she listened to the no doubt awful noise of a pony like creature trying to make bird sounds... she almost thought it was a joke. This whole trip was no doubt going to prove to be at least interesting. Idly she wondered if all of the wastes were like this.
    Octane
    Octane
    Level 2
    Level 2

Post by Octane Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:44 am

Rho blinked as he quickly snapped up the meat in one bite that was in front of him. Looking at the new creature who was talking to him he smiled and let out a sigh, "I am Rhodu, I came searching for the dragon that slew my village. Would you know what part of the griffon kingdom I am in right now?" Smiling at her he stood normally and looked at the group before turning again, "And what kind of griffons are you all?"
    Midnight Sky
    Midnight Sky
    Level 3
    Level 3

Post by Midnight Sky Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:50 am

The sun was high in the air, striking the barre land of the earth. Although he had just woken up, Midnight Sky would be heading to his destination,he took up a mission from a caravan company, something he could relate to but did not have the time to care. It was a job that he took to make some caps and get some interesting things. Coming up to the group of what he thought was the caravan, he would make his arrival known by going to the most out of place one, giving him a very thorough look around," ahh a ghoul hmm haven't seen one of you. If you are the one i need to talk t, i am Midnight Sky one of the ones that took up the job," he said as he gave him a smile. He then turned to the others, quite an odd bunch of misfits, he would look at one of them, a blue unicorn as he gave a smile, a smile that meant he was plotting. He would turn back to the ghoul pony," so are we set or waiting for someone else," with a stern face as he continued to look at the rest when somepony came up asking about griffin kingdom and asked were they griffins. Midnight Sky started to laugh a bit before responding," i think you might need some glasses, Griffins do not have horns or look like ponies," he said walking up to the newcomer.
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:53 am

Feather Dancer giggled, and cleared her throat once more to speak Griff. "I would not know where find to dragon. And don't be so silly, we are not griffons, we are ponies. Also, you are not in Griffon Kingdoms, you are in-" she said all in Griff, making a series of hoots and chirps. The final bit she had to say in Equestrian, however. "Equestria" she finished.

"What is your name?" she asked in Griff.

The ghoul turned and looked at Midnight. "Good, then get with the other clowns, we leave in a few minutes," he growled.
    Sublime
    Sublime
    Level 1
    Level 1

Post by Sublime Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:16 am

Sublime stood back and watched the display in front of her, a little put off by the idea of stepping in. But after a few moments she did come closer and stood near the griffon, waiting to see what would happen with the pegasus speaking to him in the weird griffon language. She had no idea what they were saying... The Steel Rangers never even considered teaching anypony in the bunker about the griffon language.
    Whitefeather
    Whitefeather
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Whitefeather Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:33 am

Whitefeather drifted along spotting the group she was to tag along with and dipping her wing, the extra feathers that lined her wings silencing her decent as she landed gracefully one the ground, spotting almost every race present, including another griffon, her interest perked at her luck. So far every adventure she had enlisted in had another of her kind and although brash it was always a welcome sign initially. She didn't have much of a stomach to put up with other races off the bat but a griffon she could ease the pain of the others. "Hello" her voice coming out calm, precise and held that of someone who wasn't about do deal with any tom-foolery yet with her word skill still had a hint of kindness to it. "I don't know how well things will go but if we get banged up I'm good with a bandage, You may address me was Fea" a quick bow of her head before she walked over to the dark feather griffon.

looking strangely at the Pegasus attempting their language as she tried speaking to the male Griffon, she had to give her points for such bilingual prowess she was sure of that, she turned to the Griffon speaking in the fluent language of there origin "So why is it you need to be told the difference between a pony and a griffon, assuming they are such is rather an insult on both parts." An eyebrow cocked as she was honestly baffled at the conversation the butted her way into, not caring for the Pegasus, her first introduction well enough for her, if ponies didn't listen it was there fault and she saw no reason to wast breath on ill mannered ears.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:41 am