Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+5
Athanix
Shutter
Lucky Draw
Sky
Starry Night
9 posters

Dealing with Slavers [CLOSED]

Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Dealing with Slavers [CLOSED] - Page 7 Empty Re: Dealing with Slavers [CLOSED]

Post by Sky Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:45 am

Sky grabbed the vial and following the zebras instuctions, she chugged half of it into oblivion. She put the vial down feeling something in her body, feeling weird. In the light of the situation Sky started to fall asleep, and so she did on the body of the giant dead rad scorpion. from either sleep deprivation or the effects of the poison or even the potion it self Sky was tired and needed sleep, and thats what she did.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:47 am

"Now I find that offensive. It's not been dead for more than a couple hours, and I can't eat that petrified slop you all eat from those cans. What else am I supposed to do eh? Starve?"

Lucky grumbled as he finished his meal, then cut several more hunks of meat from the carcass of the dead scorpion, making sure to cut around the unconscious pegasus, and stuffed them into a bag filled with a white powder. He then wiped both his knife and the antenna off on his barding, and placed them back into his packs.

Then he said, "Dammit, s'anypony got any alcohol on them? I'm all out."
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:17 am

Techno gave a snort as he walked towards the fire. "So you'd rather be drinking two hundred year-old beer?" he said, a look of general dislike on his face. "I try not to get addicted to things. Especially two hundred year-old liquor."

He walked over to check on the now asleep pegasus. She was fine for the most part, the only thing out of the norm was the wound wrapped in gauze and the tighter wrapping a bit above the first. Otherwise, she seemed okay. Satisfied, he walked back to the fire and sat down across from Lucky.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:52 pm

Lucky looked across the fire at the unicorn with a look of slight annoyance on his face.

"I don't like the old stuff either, but it's better than nothing. You wanna try some REAL good stuff, There's a guy back in Stableton who can brew some of the best beer I've ever had. Makes it with purified water too, so there ain't any rads in it."

He finished packing the meat, and looked up at the black clouds above them.

"Besides, two hundred years does a lot for a bottle of wine that wasn't broken or unsealed. Same for whiskey. Are you sure you don't have anything on you? Maybe you've got some grain alcohol for antiseptic or something?"
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Techno shook his head. "Frankly, I don't want the good stuff, or any of that for the matter. Addiction to any of those drugs is bad. I actually had a Ment-als addict come into our repair shop over in New Appleoosa. Was a wreck, I tell ya." he said, recalling what had happened. "'E was a total fool. Said he'd been trying to get offa them, but he was as slow as a wingless bloatsprite. Heh heh. probably went back the instant he went into Derpy's shop..." he said as he reflected on times past. "Anyways, only alcohol I've got is ehh... isopropanol. The stuff you pour on cuts to disinfect 'em." he said, pausing on the name for a moment, trying to remember it. "I don't suggest drinking it. It'll give you wicked discomfort." he said, trying to discourage Lucky from pressing for it.

Last edited by T3chno on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Lucky's tone of voice immediately switched from annoyance to pleading, and he stared at the doctor like a puppy to a plate of food outside it's reach.

"Can you pour some of that into my flask? I've had worse, and it's so much better than withdrawal... Unless you have some of those anti-withdrawal chems on you?"

Lucky smacked his lips, hoping that Techno would relinquish the rubbing alcohol to aid his burning gullet.
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:39 pm

"Uh, I don't think it's advisable to drink rubbing alcohol. In the event that you do, however, I'll gladly lend you these." Starry pointed a hoof at the glasses on her face. "You'll need them, a lot more than I will."

"But while we're on the subject of rubbing alcohol, Techno, would you happen to know where we could get more of it? That stuff is just dynamite with chlorine! Like, really, it explodes. I could use that."
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:40 pm

Techno gave both of them a glare. "You're both insane. I'm not letting either of you at this alcohol, 'cause when you're on the ground bleeding and I have nothing to disinfect you, I'll be saying 'I told ya so'." he said, an irritated frown on his face. "Besides, rubbing alcohol isn't for drinking. It'll kill your liver faster than a stroll through Canterlot." he said, a shiver running up his spine as he thought about the place. "Now, as for where to find more, I bet I could find some at Derpy's shop over in New Appleoosa. It is called Absolutely Everything, so I'd expect some to be there."
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:27 pm

"We'll have to visit Absolutely Everything while we're there," Starry replied, before yawning loudly. "Well, I'm tired. I think I'm gonna pass out in the corner somewhere until morning. Unlucky, you can take the first watch shift. You know, make sure we're not murdered by raiders in our sleep."

Starry found a spot by a nearby rock and collapsed, drifting easily off to sleep.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:04 pm

"Yeah yeah, alright. Who's got next shift? I don't wanna have to wake everypony up to go to sleep, you know?"

Lucky aimed his gaze out into the darkened wastes around them, and then added, "Hope they've got absolutely everything, 'cause when I start getting the shakes, I won't be a very nice guy. Might say something that'll piss ya'll off, and that ain't good for anything.

He eyed his knife, and then said, "Might wanna watch me too, last time I was dry I nearly gutted a merc for looking at me."
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:13 pm

Shutter gave a nod, having finished one of the cans he brought, before lying down beside the fire.

"Sleep. Now that sounds like a good plan..."
    He mumbled, as he shifted over slightly, trying to get comfortable.

"Lucky, feel free to wake me in a few hours to take over. I'm pretty used to spotting duty...but untill then, I'm...gonna try and follow Starry's stellar example over there..."

He said with a yawn, as he closed his own eyes, sleep quickly overtaking his body.
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:32 pm

Techno turned and walked to a relatively clear spot of land, kicking away a rock, and lay down. "Well, then, I'll be sure not to look at ya. Call up Shutter for next shift. G'night." he said, the second half rather quickly, before putting his head down and making snoring noises.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Lucky stood awake as the other ponies went to sleep, but soon began wondering why the dragon and the zebra still clung to consciousness at this hour in the night. He shrugged his shoulders and decided that they must have entered some kind of trance or something, because they hadn't spoken a word or moved in a little under four hours. As it was, Lucky's eyes were beginning to droop, and he figured it would be a good time to wake the next guard.

"Hey Shutter, get up. It's your turn," said the brown buck as he nudged his comrade in the face with a hoof. "I want some sleep too, mate."

(OOC- Exactly when is PT or ET? I'm not used to other time zones so much -OOC)
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Shutter would have been sleeping pleasantly, having a simply wonderful dream that he was back in the Stable working on his Newsletter. At least he had been untill his Camera started poking him in the face with it's lens while telling him to get up...

His eyes shooting open, Shutter turned his head to face Lucky, using his hoof to rub the sleep out of his eyes, taking a few seconds to realize that it was Lucky poking him, and to remember what he was supposed to do.

"...It's time already? Ugh, okay, okay...Just give me a second to get up..."

He mumbled, as he slowly pulled himself off of the ground and stretched his legs, before trotting back over to the dune he had been using earlier as a lookout point.

"Okay, before you start napping, did you see anything unusual pass by? Anything I should keep an eye out for if it comes back?"

(( PT is Pacific Time, and ET is Eastern Standard Time. If it helps, the exact time I'm sending this in EST is 7:38 PM, so you can compare that to the timedate on this post for you. ))
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Lucky yawned and said, "No, There wasn't much, 'cept the odd radroach. Nothing the fire wouldn't scare away. Now move, I'm starting to feel the withdrawal, and I don't wanna be awake when it kicks in."

He laid a couple empty bags on the ground next to the fire, threw a couple pieces of broken wood into the flames, and laid down to sleep. He was sure it was going to be a long day ahead of them, made even longer without the sweet embrace of alcohol.

(( Thanks, that means it should be about 11:00 that the event starts for me))
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:17 pm

Shutter gave a nod as he turned his head towards the wastes, before leaning closer towards the ground to make himself less visible from a distance, his eyes flicking back and forth as he visually combed the land for anything unusual.

While he may not have been able to continue his career as a Photographer and Journalist outside of the Stable, it had left him with one thing that proved somewhat useful in the wastes, even if few ponies seemed willing to acknoledge it, and that was his perceptive attention to even the smallest details. What had once been used to take only the finest photos, now served quite well at alerting his eyes to anything out of place, and therefore, any potential danger.

He stayed ready at watch, only occasionally giving a glance back to his companions to make sure they were all okay, before turning back to survey the wastes.

Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:49 pm

"Hmmm, party cannon... yay," Starry muttered in her sleep. "No... not yet, the confetti is escaping!" Starry's eyes shot wide open, and she gazed at her surroundings with great alarm. "Phew, just a bad dream," she told herself, as her muscles began to relax.

Starry got up on her hooves, and trotted slowly over toward Shutter. "You would not believe the nightmare I was just having," Starry told him. "I'm not gonna sleep for days.
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Shutter looked over at Starry, giving a light smile before turning back to watch the wastes.

"Oh really? Must have been pretty bad...Mind telling me about it?"
    He asked, as he continued to keep a lookout, however, he did reach over and pat a spot nearby, indicating a good spot for Starry to sit if they were so inclined.
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Starry raised an eyebrow at Shutter's gesture. The little cogs in her mind were working overtime to decipher it. After a brief moment of bewilderment, the epiphany struck, and Starry took a seat beside him.

"Well, I remember I was back at my eleventh birthday in the stable. You know, the one where I hid the cherry-bomb in the cake. I gave you a special invitation just because I wanted to make sure it turned up in the stable news. It took hours to clean all the bits of cake off the walls." Starry scrunched her face, as she tried to make sense of the next bit. "But then, out of nowhere I had a party cannon, and there was all this confetti, and everything was going all wrong."

Starry gazed out into the horizon. "Hey, is that the sun rising?"

Indeed, it was. Morning came early, simply because the group had stayed up quite late into the night.

Last edited by Starry Night on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Techno snored loudly as the sun slowly broke the horizon. As it started to shine on his face, he made a 'mmph' noise and rolled over, before slowly opening his eyes. He sat up and tried to blink the sleep from his eyes before looking around to do a head count, his head slowly bobbing up and down and in a small circle. "Let's see... Wierd poisoned pegasus... Lucky... Starry and Shutter... good... All here..." he said rather slowly and quietly, barely more than a whisper to himself, still half asleep. After possibly subconsciously going through the head count, he fell back over on his side with a small 'whump'and started snoring again.
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Shutter let out a laugh, he actually did remember that! His sixth issue! Oh man, were those some memories!
    "I remember that! I think the only was that got past the censors was due to the fact that the story was hilarious!"
    He said, chuckling away.
    "Oh wow, that was...what...eleven or twelve years ago? It's so hard to keep track of time these days..."
    He mumbled, before hearing Starry mention the sun was rising.

"...It sure is...I guess we'd better wake up the others, right?"
    He asked, slowly starting to get up, his legs letting out audible cracks as he moved from his stealthy position by the dune and stretched, the hours spent in that one position very clear.
    Starry Night
    Starry Night
    Level 11
    Level 11

Post by Starry Night Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:38 pm

"HEY EVERYPONY!" Starry shouted, cupping her hooves around her mouth to amplify her voice. "It's time to wake up!"

'Maybe I should have awoken them more quietly,' Starry thought to herself, 'I should reserve the shouting voice for when there's actual danger, or they might get angry.'
    Shutter
    Shutter
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Shutter Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:46 pm

With a cry of surprise, Shutter almost jumped several feet off the ground when Starry suddenly started yelling, instantly dropping back into a stealthy position behind the dune untill his brain could process what the hay just happened!
    Fortunatly, he calmed down quick when he finally computed that that loud yelling had actually been Starry getting the others up, and not a roaming warband of raiders bearing down on their position with battlecries.

"...Uh...Starry...Maybe just walking around and shaking them might be better next time? Just to prevent anyone else from hearing?" Shutter mumbled, not willing to bring his voice much higher at the moment.
    Techno Illuminate
    Techno Illuminate
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Techno Illuminate Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Techno was on his feet faster than light could travel two feet. "I DON'T WANT YOUR COFFEE!" he yelled, looking around, ready for battle.

That is, until he remembered where he was. A look of realization popped into his eyes and he shrunk back with a nervous chuckle. He called to Starry "Hey, uh, next time could you please do the wake-up call a bit... less position-revealing please?" he asked, walking over to the two who were still near their lookout position.
    Lucky Draw
    Lucky Draw
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Lucky Draw Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Lucky leaped off his bags roaring, and drew his knife, immediately flinging it at the general direction of the noise, and it landed blade-first directly between Starry and Shutter's feet. After about three seconds, he realized where he was and what was going on, and left his raging battle stance. He sat back down, panting, and started rubbing his head.

"Motherfucking goddesses mates, that's a great way to get yourselves killed, if not by everything in the wastes, then by me."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:25 am