Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+2
Sanura Heartsnug
Sub Warden
6 posters

Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed]

Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed] - Page 3 Empty Re: Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed]

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Spectre couldn't help bit smile a bit as Sanura made every effort to not look at him now. "Your allowed to look at me too, just... You know... Blink... And don't start blinking madly too, just look at me like you would any other pony." Spectre couldn't help but lighten up a bit, he even considered that he may be wrong about Sanura and she might not be putting on an act. He turned a little to the side so Sanura could see his glyph mark. "We get these, I never really knew much about them since I wasn't raised by zebras, so I can only assume they are the same as your cutie marks... But in all honesty I don't really know."

Spectre felt odd answering something he really didn't know about, most often he's asked about what he's done, and he knew all that, but this...
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed] - Page 3 Empty Re: Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed]

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 pm

Sanura was almost terribly confused when he started being specific about what she could do it was... she shook her head, she did look at him again though and then down toward where that glyph marked his fur and she'd trot around the table, leaning down a bit to get a closer look at it, "Oh..." An obvious hint of disappointment in her voice as she looked up, "Hah, it's a shame I lost those books then." she grinned, "Might've been able to give them to you so you could look it up hmm?" she nodded firmly, "So where did you grow up then?" she seemed to lighten up herself as he did, didn't feel so awkward when he wasn't talking about blowing somepony up as a mine sweep and pointing out her awkwardness, "Somepony take you in when you were younger?" as she kind of... leaned around to see if the glyph was the same on the other side.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Spectre found it slightly amusing when Sanura looked at his other side, as though she expected his mark to be different. "I suppose you could say I was taken in when I was young..." Spectre seemed hesitate a bit before he started talking again. "I have no real idea who my parents were, all I know of my childhood is what I was told by the raiders that took me as their pet. That me and my parents were taken by slavers, and that they killed the pony that bought me for who knows what purpose. The leader of that raider gang, for reasons he never told me decided to keep me, first as a pet, then as I got older he taught me his ways... The thoughtless slaughter of ponies became like second nature to me... As I grew up I just got better at it, so yes, somepony did take me in, though they were not good ponies, and in all honesty neither am I..."

Spectre looked up at Sanura and smirked. "But at least they aren't around to ravage the wastes anymore." He knew the implication of what he did was clear. But he also kind of hoped that Sanura would see that although he effectively murdered his family, it was for the benifit of the wasteland... At least thats what Spectre told himself. And again he felt strange, he wanted somepony to see that although he wasn't a nice zebra, he wasn't all bad either. Maybe I just needed somepony I can talk to all along... He thought to himself.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:19 pm

Sanura seemed almost disappointed to find that it was the same on the other side, surely there was some more exotic to it than that right? She didn't put much though into it though as she settled back, stepping out of his little personal bubble to listen to his story, nodding slightly every few moments to show that she was listening and at certain points making an effort to look at something else before eventually she couldn't help herself, staring but blinking still. She frowned some when he mentioned that they were gone... even if they were raiders weren't they supposed to have been his family in one way or another? "Oh... I see." she nodded some and pressed that smile out again, trying to seem cheerful enough, "Well they can't have made you all bad." she nodded firmly, "AFter all you're here trying to talk to us and going to help us... right? You know... by not pushing anypony or me into the mines." she nodded firmly once more, "I'm really sorry that you had to do that though, Spectre, I know it's a little terrifying." she laughed a bit, looking down to her own hooves as she nudged the floor with one of her forehooves. She had something of an idea but it was a bit different in her case and that was how she'd felt about it, she didn't mention a word of it though, just as she'd done with Rookie. "Was it long ago?"
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:28 pm

Spectre noticed that Sanura was staring again, though she was trying not to. Am I really that facinating? He thought. I suppose i'm just another zebra to myself, but to these ponies... "It was long enough ago that it's a memory now, not an experience... I don't regret what I did, but I would be lying if I said I didn't wonder... What if?" Spectre realised he was beginning to dwell on a possibilty he really didn't like to think about, and quickly changed the subject. "So how about you? Anything interesting happened in your life? Everyone seems to have a story to tell these days, whats yours?"
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:34 pm

Sanura blinks as the attention was turned toward her and she'd laugh a bit, shaking her head, "Oh nonono-' she waved the idea off with a hoof, "Nothing really special, just like I was telling Rookie a moment ago if you didn't here. I spent a good portion of my life following a doctor around... you know... treating radiation poisoning and sniffles in the little fillies and colts." she grinned a bit, "Always good to see them smile again... of course some were just downright unruly ot deal with but they'll learn." she said and gave a sage's nod.

"If you really want though I can tell you about the time we had a ghoul come in and try and have us reattac her arm." she shook her head, "Didn't work too well... never got to see if it actually took."
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:37 pm

Rookie moved a bit. He was hearing this all, but of course he didn't want to bother. He knew that it was their personal talk, but he couldn't help but listen to it and wonder how much of a better life he had then them. There were two graves that he remembered was outside Stableton. One called Jack Trades which had a book called Hoof Life on it, and the other one called Blazen Shield. It simply had saddlebags on it. He was stationary at the moment, moving slightly to the left and right to get comfortable. He couldn't imagine how life was out here in the wastes. Unforgiving, hostile, and overall depressing. But he will brave it, he will continue to help, and will survive to see another day. Right as he was about to finally feel good enough to sleep....

His pipbuck began playing a song out of the blue. He was still working on that problem.

"Love is all 'round us.

Even you, all the time,

there will be times, that you feel-"

Rookie removed his hat and whacked his hoof on the pipbuck. It then stopped the song, or so he thought, and became a incomprehensible messed up gibberish. Rookie then turned off the song by moving dials and then it stopped. His hat went through the air, moving around and avoiding Rookie's grasp. He finally got a hold of it and put it on his head. "Sorry." He said and sat back down.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:45 pm

Following a doctor on his adventures? Somepony should make that a radio play or something... Spectre thought to himself. "Sounds like you enjoy doing a little bit of good for the wasteland, can't fault you for that. And what's this about RE-attaching an arm? The idea seems... Strange, I usually leave them off..." Spectre realised he had actually made a joke... Just out of nowhere, he couldn't help but smile as he realised he was relaxed for the first time in a long time. Before Spectre could say more Rookie pip-buck started playing up and a song played, it wasn't one he knew, and before he knew it Rookie had fixed it. "It's fine Rookie... Kinda glad I don't have one of those things myself, seem tempermental."

He turned his attention back to Sanura. "So you travelled all over the place? You must know your way around quite well then? I imagine it must be handy for getting from place to place."

Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Rookie nodded to the Zebra, Spectre. "Kay. They are actually pretty good. They have a built in SATS system that's useful for fending off Raiders." Rookie turned to Sanura, catching on. "Wait, you travel too?" He said, suddenly interested. Rookie often took adventures out in the wastes. He was particularly interested in this piece of the conversation as he might have a new friend that actually travels often like him. His face brightened up considerably.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:53 pm

Sanura just about jumped out of her hooves when the song started playing, she had assumed that rookie had passed out! Her head snapping around all wide-eyed like somepony might be about to shoot her before she heaved a soft sigh, hoof to her chest as she slouched forward a bit, "Oh, no... nono it's okay." she grinned at him, "Don't have to turn it off if you don't want to, good to see you're still awake though." she snickered, "Worried for a moment there we might have to push you into a bed and wait for the 'morrow." she teased lightly and then gave a faint giggle at the way he had to flail a bit for his hat. Everything tended to be okay with Sanura, "Should join us rather than tryin' to be all quiet and stuff hmm?" she smiled to him before looking back to Spectre.

Her brows furrowed at the mention of leaving limbs unattached, "Well they don't get better if you leave them off you know, most ponies tend to die, I be zebras do too." she teased lightly. "I guess... I know a little? Not really." she laughed and shook her head, "Doctor Cross was usually looking after me and I spent most of my time just trying to keep up with him. Fun! But difficult, kept trying to teach me how to read his books." she shook her head, "I'm just as sheltered as anyone born in Tenpony I bet." she grinned. Apparently that was sheltered to her, either she didn't think Stables were that simple or she simply didn't know much about them.

And then back to Rookie as he started talking first about his pipbuck and then SATS and... what? "What's SATS?" she asked and then nodded, "It's how I got here hmm? I -really- haven't been out much on my own though so don't get too excited. Might end up boring ya." she snickered.
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 am

"...Ill explain. SATS is a spell that allows pretty much any species to be able to coordinate their attacks effectively. Basically it uses some advanced stuff that allows you to aim better then simply blindfiring everywhere. Pretty damn useful if you asked me." Rookie said, and gestured towards his Pipbuck on his hoof. He moved the dials and thus moved certain items around his pack. "In fact, my sister installed a certain thing to my pipbuck that shows the history of the item. Some sort of archive that was installed to her own pipbuck."
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:08 am

Spectre found himself listening intently to what Sanura was saying and only vaguely listening to Rookie, he was genuinely interested in her story, he realised that he actually liked her, it was a long time since he had more than even tolerated somepony, let alone liked them. "Tenpony? You're from Tenpony? i've heard of that place, what's it like?" Spectre had literally only heard of Tenpony, he was probly one of the few who had no idea what it was like in there, most ponies had a general idea, even if it was just from rumours, but Spectre had heard nothing. "All I know is it's a big tower..." Spectre trailed off from his sentence, realising just how uneducated he must sound to Rookie and Sanura.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:14 am

Sanura nodded slightly, she didn't entirely understand how it worked but it made sense, "So.. .anyone with a SATS can take a few shots at someone and be more accurate than normal?" she asked, trying ot make sure she understood and then the bit about the history caused her to shake her head, "I don't think I understand... You mean like who owned the item before you or...?" and as she waited on a response from that she moved back over toward Spectre.

And then proceeded to laugh, covering herm uzzle as she shook her head quickly, "Nono! No hun I'm not from Tenpony." she grinned, "The doctor liked to stop there sometimes for supplies or to help out every now and then, a lot of what we did was around Manehatten so..." she shrugged some, "That's just where we ended up every now and then but it's really neat and pretty." giving a huff, "Ponies judge you on what you look like though a lot of the time. The shop owners always seemed like they were too busy to deal with us, me specifically." she flushed just a bit and rubbed the back of her head, not going into why. But it was obvious she was not much to them when she had to ask what things spelled out most of the time.
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:17 am

Rookie replied without words. He simply facehoofed. After that, he listened to the two surprisingly get along. He moved out of the chair, to go outside. He was honestly tired from all the chit-chat and just wanted to get the show along. When were the two going to FINALLY come back? He was impatient, that was what he could confirm himself. So, outside his house, he sat down on his flank and waited.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:26 am

Spectre hesitated a bit when he realised he had misunderstood Sanura. "Sorry, I thought you meant you were from there..." He couldn't help but smile. "Judge on what we look like eh? Sounds like I would be lucky to get through the door!" Spectre guessed she wasn't a big fan of the ponies in the tower, so decided he should take attention away from it. "So where else have you been? I've been around, but mainly only in the open wastes, it will be good to hear about some of these towns and cities." Spectre watched Rookie leave, he knew the pegasus wanted to get going, but Spectre just wanted to keep talking, he knew that once they were out in the wastes it was unlikely they would get a chance to just talk, unless by some miracle their journey was mostly unimpeded.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:34 am

Sanura frowns as she sees Rookie just facehoof and then walk out, and then he walked out, her ears dropping as she swallowed, "Err... I'm sorry?" she asked as he walked out, worried she might've said something that made him mad? She watched him walk out and then rubbed the back of her head with a hoof, here she was in someone else's home and they'd left possibly because of her? She tried to brush it from her mind, surely it was something else right?

She looked back to Spectre though and smirked some, "I've been a few places, like I said though most of it was pretty isolated." she shrugged," The doctor always was worried someone would coem and steal me away from him." she openedh er mouth and then shut it before starting up again, "I met lots of ponies mostly, it was fun talking to them. Kind of the best part of being with the doctor. "she said and rubbed her other foreleg now, "Been a bit harder to get set up and move around like he did though."
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:43 am

Spectre saw that Sanura seemed upset at Rookie leaving. "Don't worry, he just want's to get going is all, you've done nothing wrong." He thought about what it must be like to travel around... Without the intend of finding and killing somepony. "Well you don't have to worry about anypony stealing you on this trip, I'll make sure of it." Spectre stopped Did I really just say that? Spectre never thought he would care about anyone enough to protect them for free. "I've only ever really spoken to other ponies on business... Your the first i've spoken to about anything else really... It seems kind of ridiculous now That I think about it."
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:50 am

Sanura nods and keeps that pleasant smiling expression up still and then tinges just a bit in her cheeks when he mentions protecting her and then the last bit as well, a nervous laugh escaping her lips as she quickly tried to push past it. "T-thank you but you know... maybe it is ridiculous huh? Maybe if ya stop thinking of us as mine sweeps we could all have a bit of fun together hmm?" she grinned, "All imbs attached even?" she suggested and leaned over just a bit, daring to nudge the zebra with her elbow, "Maybe have a big wasteland party and get all kinds of friends? Swimming in radio active pools and barbequing bloatflies over some irradiated bottles of whiskey?" Certainly, this one wasn't a drinker, the slightly underfed and thin pony definitely didn't look like she could handle much of anything stronger than sugared water. She was teasing playfully though for the most part, just trying to get a rise out of him now that he was opening up.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:58 am

Spectre smiled at Sanuras teasing. "I suppose it could be more effective to actually disarm those mines instead of blow them up eh?" Spectre took on his own teasing tone as he spoke. "All that radiation does sound tempting doesn't it? We could even hold the part in a megaspell crater for added rads." Spectre laughed a little and felt Sanura nudge him. Normally that would have earned somepony a knife held to their throat, but Spectre just didn't feel it wwas needed anymore.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:05 am

Sanura snickered as she stepped away just a few trots before she'd lift her chin, "Well it does help to get paid if they're actually whole." she before looking back down to him, "It's the unexploded explosive triggered by the hoof that makes it valuable, not the remaining teeth that fall in the hole." she was so smart... right? She licked at her teeth briefly, "We'll see what happens though hmm?" she perked her brows and quirked her torn ear, "Or are you off to travel again after we finish this?"
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:19 am

Spectre couldn't help but smile at Sanura "I can't fault that logic there, ok we'll get the mines before they explode... Though i'm sure some ponies will pay for some teeth should one of the mines go off." Spectre chuckled. Though Sanuras next question made him think, he never really planned where he went before. "I don't really know what i'm going to do afterwards, but I can stick around if you want? I have no plans to do anything else." Spectre realised he wanter Sanura to say yes, even if it was just for a little while, he enjoyed her company.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:28 am

Sanura nodded as he agreed with her infallible logic, "Well... maybe we could think abot the teeth if there's enough of'em I suppose." she shuddered, "Let's try and keep everyone's teeth though." before poking her tongue out, standing up on al lfours to walk away back toward that table and then look back over her shoulder as he spoke that last bit, a flush of color once more rising to her cheeks as he put things on her.

"W-well you know..." she huffed and flicked her mane "If you've got nothin' else to do, but let's just see huh?" she grinned some back at him before turning around, "No promises though, might get tired of ya before the day's out." she said as she lifts her chin, as if she might've been better than him. but if all else proved true still it was all playful fun.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:42 am

Spectre guessed that Sanura would prefer to stop talking about exploded ponies and their teeth for now. "Bored of me eh? But you haven't seen everything about us zebras yet, for all you know my stripes might change colour in the dark?" Spectre laughed, he assumed that Sanura wouldn't believe such a thing. There was only so much a pony that didn't know much about zebras could believe... Right? Spectre watched as Sanura lifter her chin at him. "Always got to look down on me eh?" He chuckled. "Next you'll tell me to lie on the floor right?"
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:48 am

Paused when he mentioned that he might change color in the dark... perhaps he was underestimating just how adventurous her life had been, and then the laugh, the pause, her aqua eyes narrowed at him and she poked her tongue out at the Zebra, "Terrible." Is all she said about it before she'd make a twirling motion with her hoof, "Nono, I'd prefer to see you roll over, demonstrate some coordination." she spoke that with a bit of a fualter in her voice, either having trouble avoiding laughing or perhaps having trouble holding that playful confidence.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:58 am

Spectre laughed, unsure if Sanura was serious or not, but he was having to much fun to care about his pride or anything, so he decided that whether she had meant it or not, he would do it, just to see her reaction. Spectre grinned at Sanura, dropped down to the floor and rolled over once, landing flawlessly back on his hooves and standing up all in one fluid movement. "Co-ordinated enough for your liking?" He said as he looked at Sanura with a smile.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 am