Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+9
Roid Rage
Kestrel
Sky
Techno Illuminate
Winter Bell
Faithheart
Sharpaw
Silver Hoof
Snowfall
13 posters

Stableton's Hospital

Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Stableton's Hospital - Page 3 Empty Re: Stableton's Hospital

Post by Winter Bell Thu May 17, 2012 11:44 pm

Winter didn't like the sound of this one bit. A shot in the lung was a very serious injury to have and if he was coughing blood it could mean blood was leaking into his lungs slowly. Which then meant he could be drowning from the inside without even knowing it. "You better come with me" she said with a grimace as she motioned for the large buck to follow her into the ward. She could probably fix this without having to call for a surgical consult but there was always that as a possibility. But then that would be out of her hands. Winter was a doctor not a surgeon. She waited over by a free bed, the same one where she had treated the Griffin, for the stallion to join her so she could take a look.
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Thu May 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Trails got up and followed the doctor to the open bed. "Just wanted to take the chance to apologize again Doc. I got too heated back there. I recognize the Hippocratic Oath's importance to you ponies, but my top priority is keeping Stableton safe from threats. I know it doesn't excuse my actions, just wanted to explain." He shot her a weak smile and got on the bed.
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 12:17 am

Winter sighed as she did understand where the pony was coming from. But he was also right in that it didn't excuse his actions. "It's ok, you apologized and the argument ended. That's all that matters" she said as she watched him climb onto the bed. She picked up a Stethoscope from the table nearby and walked towards the buck. "I'm going to take a look at your breathing patterns and your general chest area. Hopefully it might tell me more about what's wrong with you" she said as she placed the round metal disk onto the bucks chest.
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Fri May 18, 2012 12:24 am

Trails took a few breaths and decided to try and make conversation with the Doc, no sense sitting here bored. "You new in town? Not that I'd know when you think about it, I've only passed through before. I figure this'll change things though, the town's gonna need all the help it can get in the next few-" His breath ran out and turned ragged. He doubled over in a coughing fit, when he looked at his fetlock he found it stained a deep crimson. "Well that cant be good."
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 12:32 am

Winter Bell grimaced as none of it sounded good. Every breath sounded wrong and appeared to be circulating around an obvious obstruction. Something had definitely pierced the lung but it seemed only just a little. Any deeper and the buck probably would need to be fitted for a coffin. "Please, try not to talk" she said in reply to his attempt at small talk. She didn't say it to be mean but it was likely that the more he used his lungs the quicker he was killing himself at this rate. "But if you must know I'm fairly knew around here" she said with a smile. She took the stethoscope off of him and let it hang around her neck for the time being. "I think your lung may be punctured. And I think we need to rest the rib which seems to be out of place. To do that I'm going to need to give it a push so it can rest back in it's normal place... this is probably going to hurt allot" she said with a slightly sorry look.

She would need to actually push the rib aside to it's normal position before giving him a small healing potion to fill the hole. Then finally some magical bandage to fix the break.
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Fri May 18, 2012 12:43 am

Trails nodded and gritted his teeth, being extremely cautious with his tongue. He gave the doctor a steely look. His breaths became slow and measured while he braced himself. He smiled a little at the corners of his mouth and nodded again to tell her to go for it.
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 12:48 am

Winter still looked apologetic as she placed her hooves over the rib. She inhaled and in one swift motion, pushed hard with a single jolt. The rib clicked as it slid back to its usual place. The buck should feel some more comfort now but it wasn't over yet. That hole still needed sealing. She levitated a small healing potion to the buck. "Drink that fast, you should start feeling more comfortable afterwards and it should seal the hole. Then I'll wrap you up with some bandage to fix the break" she said before she picked up the roll of magical bandage.
    Happy Trails
    Happy Trails
    Level 12
    Level 12

Post by Happy Trails Fri May 18, 2012 12:52 am

Trails growled with agony as the nice doctor set his ribs back into place. He blinked away the pain and panted a little while chugging the potion down. He had a new found sympathy for Kes, that griffon had endured more than his fair share from Starry. He set the empty bottle down on the nearby table and nodded at the doctor. He couldn't find it in himself to shoot her another smile.
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 1:00 am

Winter began applying the bandages as she used the same techniques as she did with the Griffin. Once again she sealed the ends with mud rock casting solution and allowed the bandages to do the rest. The process was always a little long but she liked to make sure it was done right and that it was done properly. She checked over the chest area one more time with the stethoscope to see if the heal was mending. She counted in a regular pattern with his breaths before finally becoming satisfied. "Ok.. it all looks good now. Try to rest often and don't do too much exorcize until your body recovers from the shock. You should be fully healed form a few days to a week" she said as she packed away her equipment. She offered another smile, knowing the rib reset must have been excruciating.
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Fri May 18, 2012 1:27 am

Sky looked around to see kes and trails had their wounds fixed, and in bandages. Sky sighed as she looked around the hospital, She saw a minty blue Unicorn. With the medical packs, at her side. she must be the doc around here. Sky thought, as she walked towards her. "um, excuse me. Are you by any chance to be the doctor here?"
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 7:37 am

Winter Bell looked to the buck she just healed, "Excuse me, I need to see to other ponies. Please remember what I said though and stay safe" she said softly before she left to tend to other wounded. She got all of about several step before being approached by a pegasus mare who asked if she was a doctor. She halted and looked at the mare, offering a small smile before nodding, "I am, is there anything I can help you with ?" she asked as he eyes looked briefly for visual wounds. Today had been a busy day for wounded it seemed. She was a little drowned in the work right now, but she knew all that could help, already was.
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Fri May 18, 2012 9:34 am

Sky sighed in relif, "Yes there is, I broke my wings not to long ago in the battle. And I need to get them healed," Sky tried to stretch one of her wings, but they spazemed a bit. "anyway you can help?" Sky gave a weak smile.

(OCC: sorry if grammer sucks, typing with phone is a pain. will edit when I get home)
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 9:47 am

Winter Bell sighed, "Every pony has a broken something today" she said but smiled to the pegasus, "Yes I can help you, come with me and I'll have a look at what we're dealing with" she said for about the fifth time today. As she treated these patience she had to wonder if there had been some kind of aerial battle she was unaware of. She led the pegasus over to a stool. Unfortunately the beds were filling up, but the stool would mean she could get a better look at her wings anyway.
    Sky
    Sky
    Level 14
    Level 14

Post by Sky Fri May 18, 2012 10:07 am

Sky gave a prayer to luna, as she was thankful for this. "Ok, and thank you for doing this, Means a lot to me." Sky said to winter as she was taken to a stool, which Sky took a seat and procecced to wait for treatment. "What is your name, if I may ask?"
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 10:31 am

Winter Bell smiled as the Pegasus took a seat on the stool. "Just doing my job" she said before replying to her question. "My name is Winter Bell" she said as she positioned herself behind the pegasus to get a better look at her wings. "What's yours ?" she asked as she did the same process that she used with the Griffin.
    Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Fri May 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Gentle Breeze walked into the hospital, somewhat nervously. "Um," she called, not too loudly. "Can I talk to somepony who works here...?"

I have to find a job, she thought. Or I'll never be able to be a real doctor...
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Winter looked to the Pegasus she was treating, "Hold on here for one second while I see what this pony wants" she said softly before walking towards the ward entrance. She trotted out into the hall and saw a new pony had arrived. Winter was exhausted, physically and emotionally by this point and the thought of this being another wounded made her fall a little inside. "Excuse me miss, I work here. My name is Winter Bell and I'm the on staff doctor. If you need help you can wait here and I'll try to see to you as fast as I can" she said with a smile.
    Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Fri May 18, 2012 3:08 pm

"Well, actually, I'm here for a job," Gentle Breeze said nervously. "See, I'm a medic, and I thought that maybe you.. needed some help here. Are you the only doctor on right now?" Gently gave Winter Bell a worried look. "You seem exhausted."
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Winter Bell was almost ready to explode with happiness at this good news but she contained herself and simply smiled. "It's... been a long day" she said before trotting a little closer, "But if you're willing to help that's fantastic, we can always use new ponies with medical training and yes I am the only one on staff right now" she said as she looked thoughtful for a moment. "How much Medical knowledge do you have ? it may help me know where to place you" she said politely, still overjoyed that another medic was now possibly on staff.
    Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Fri May 18, 2012 3:21 pm

"Well, my parents were doctors. I've finished my education in the medical field, but I have yet to practice very much of what I've studied..." Gently explained, still feeling nervous.

What if that wasn't enough?
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Winter brought a hoof to her mouth as she thought for a moment. She wasn't over inspired with confidence at what this mare could know medical wise. So there was only one thing for it, "Ok well, come with me and assist me with a few of the patience. If anything it will give me an idea of what you can do. And don't worry I'm sure you'll do fine" she said before adding, "And if you need help, or if there's anything you're unsure about, please feel free to ask me" she said with a smile before motioning for the Earth Pony mare to follow her back to the Pegasus she was treating.
    Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Fri May 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Gently followed Winter Bell nervously. A test! What if she failed? She was never good with tests. Life is a test, she reminded herself. I know this stuff. I just need to do it. Do what I've learned.

She was led to a pegasus with broken wings. "Oh," Gently smiled. "I haven't seen many pegasi, but wing structures was one of my favorite things to learn about skeletal and muscular structures."
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Winter could tell the mare was nervous and she would do what she could to try and make her feel more relaxed. But right now this pegasus needed help and Winter needed to know if this Medic could handle herself, by herself. "Ok so this pegasus mare has two broken wings. The breaks look clean and there doesn't appear to be any fragmentation. How do you think we should proceed ?" she asked softly and in a tone that she hoped would make the mare feel comfortable. "Oh and I don't believe I asked your name ?" she asked apologetically.
    Gentle Breeze
    Gentle Breeze
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Gentle Breeze Fri May 18, 2012 4:02 pm

"Oh! Sorry. My name is Gentle Breeze; Gently for short," she introduced herself, bowing her head slightly. "Um, no fragmentation... we should make sure the bones are set, and then splint them."
    Winter Bell
    Winter Bell
    Level 8
    Level 8

Post by Winter Bell Fri May 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Winter Bell smiled, "Broken wings with no fragmentation with clear brakes are remedied with splints and bandages. You may proceed" she said happily while motioning her hoof for Gentle to begin working on the Pegasus. Of course Winter would be here the whole time to watch and make sure the Pegasus was getting the right treatment and that Gentle was comfortable too. She was glad to see that Gentle seemed to know her stuff. After this she would take her to the dragon down the hall to help with the Purge treatment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:52 am