Fallout : Equestria

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thank You, Overmare!
Seek the sunshine of friendship
Acheive Perfection
Safety First
Stable 113 Security - We're here to help
Exercise Regularly
Procreation is your civic duty!
Cleanliness is Celestianess
Equestria lives on... In You!
We're all in this together
Hard work is happy work
Have you taken your medication today?
The outside world can never hurt you

+2
Sanura Heartsnug
Sub Warden
6 posters

Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed]

Aquilinus
    Aquilinus
    Level 6
    Level 6

Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed] - Page 8 Empty Re: Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed]

Post by Aquilinus Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:15 pm

"Nah you can have it, I doubt Nocona would much appreciate sleeping in a tent now." Looking towards Spectre, "Just remember our agreement alright?" Nodding a bit to make sure he remembered what they were talking about. Looking at Nocona Aqui smiles and makes a few chirping noises, after he did that the bird took off into the sky.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed] - Page 8 Empty Re: Mines. Lots of Mines! [Closed]

Post by Spectre Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Spectre looked at Aquilinus, he thought it a little suspicious that the zebra suddenly wanted to stay outside too. He wondered if Aquilinus didn't trust him not to kill somepony in the night. "Aquilinus, if you want to sleep outside, that's not my choice to make, but you don't need to take watch too, I am more than capable of managing it myself. I spend a lot of time watching my own back." Spectre heard Sanuras comment about being caged up, the words caused him to miss a step as he was reminded of the times he spent locked in a cage like a pet. He tried to carry on like nothing had happened, but didn't know if anypony had seen him stumble.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Sanura chuckles and looks over at Reflected, "Well I think he was saying we could all split up into our own tents if they slept outside and took turns watching." She said as she looked over at Spectre right about the time he stumbled and giggled softly, she didn't know why, "Like I said, we all are gonna need our sleep hmm? Though it's good someone thought to watch out." she said with a soft sigh, apparently she hadn't been wandering around on her own all too long. "But hey, all three of us can sleep in the tents and have plenty of space to stretch out, sounds like a good idea to me."
    Reflected Failure
    Reflected Failure
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Reflected Failure Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:31 pm

She watched the two Zebra's for a second, their comments only further her thought a touch. One remarking about making a promise then the other tripping over his own hooves shortly after... What if they weren't all gay, what if they wanted to drag some mare into to.

"Sleep in a tent... alone?" Her gaze glanced to Rookie Star, then back to the Zebras then to her. "Surrounded by stallions... Tell you what if it room you want, I'll stay huddled up in a corner and you can have the rest of the tent, but I won't do it... I'm scared of being alone..."
    Aquilinus
    Aquilinus
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Aquilinus Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Looking at the other zebra, "It's not that i don't trust you, I'm just uncomfortable without Nocona with me at night. She has been with me for so long I just wouldn't sleep soundly." As he walked on for a bit he turned to Reflected "And just so we are clear, since you missed it earlier. I'm not looking to harm you or touch you in anyway. I just want some caps and to try and get my memory back." Sighing as hung his head, glancing up to the sky he wished Nocona would get back from her evening meal soon... he needed the pleasant company.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:41 pm

Spectre looked over at Aquilinus, he didn't know why, but he suddenly felt very defensive around the other zebra, as if by not meaning anything by his words... Aquilinus meant something by his words. "And what? Because you miss your bird you want something else to keep you company? Something else near you? Another Pet!?" There was a sudden anger in Spectres words, and he turned away from Aquilinus and picked up his pace a little, moving slightly ahead of the group, away from everyone.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Sanura just kinda... stared at Flec for a moment as they walked, "Oh... O-oh!" she laughed unconvincingly and then nodded some, specifically because no one else had reacted to what she had said so she assumed that they just didn't hear it! "N-no you don't have to curl up. It'll probably be cold tonight anyways." right? It was a lame excuse. "We'll leave the tent open in ase one of the other two decides to sleep." she said with a pleasant smile, she was used to playing the caretaker or mother hen type in any case.

And then the next reaction to really catch her attention was Spectre's sudden outburst and her jaw kinda dropped for half a second, "H-hey!" she called out after him as he ran off, "What's wrong spectre?" she asked and trotted forward just a few steps.
    Aquilinus
    Aquilinus
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Aquilinus Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Watching the other zebra huff off Aquilinus couldn't help but wonder what had happened to him to cause him to have such an outburst like that. Looking around the group he started to feel a bit out of place in all of the things that have been going on. Looking back to the ground he trudged forward with the group.
    Reflected Failure
    Reflected Failure
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Reflected Failure Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Reflect used the new change in formation to make distance, She walked up beside Sanura putting the mare in between herself and Aquil. Oh this isn't good, out moral is already falling apart and we haven't even left the gates. "Just give him time. He probably has issues with pets, might've been attacked by one or something." She let her ear hang just a touch. Maybe they had a problem in bed last night or something...? Maybe they were into bondage and Spectre was tired of being the recessive one, though he didn't seem every recessive everypony is different in bed. Maybe he broke something the other liked? What did she know.

She shruged and gave a semi-confident smile. "It's something personal, though these mood swings are going to be the death of us if we don't fix them."
    Sub Warden
    Sub Warden
    Little Brother

Post by Sub Warden Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:08 pm

As they progressed towards the gates it became apparent to Rookie the bickering wouldn't stop. "If you guys don't stop bickering because of love, i swear..." He said while trotting ahead. Ahead was the gate to Stableton. The road leading out and in of the Stableton gate was leading towards their destination. Rooke flew up to the guardspony of the gate and told him to open it. The guardspony complained but eventually, opened it. Rookie jumped down, and walked out ahead. He was the one leading the party and whenever the two zebra's either started bickering he told them to be quiet very bluntly. As their trip went unimpeded, the evening soon became darker and darker. Rookie, after feeling the incredible cold of the night, told everyone to set up their tents. It was a good shady place to be, in case something happens or any raiders come by, they wont look behind what is seemingly a rock on the cliff with no openings. It was hard to get in, but eventually they got in.
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:11 pm

"You two," He said, pointing at Spectre and Aquilinus, "are going to be separated. I don't know whats your problem Spectre, but if any raiders head by and they hear you angry, most of us will get heavily damaged. You are sleeping in mine. I'm not going to sleep tonight so you can relish all the quiet and simply think. Have fun." He said, the last words of his sentence being sarcastic. He walked out of the area they were camping in and lifted his 9mm, hiding low in the dirt in the ground. He watched the road, being mindful of any raiders or traders they can possibly trade with.
    Aquilinus
    Aquilinus
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Aquilinus Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:21 pm

After he set up his tent Aquilinus looked outside. "I'm gonna take a walk, I'll be back soon." He set off into the night to be with his thoughts, he needed some time after the drama that happened on the trip. Walking out side of the camp he made a few chirps to call Nocona back. As they walked in the night air he started to calm down. Sighing he looked to the bird "What are we going to do girl? We have been alone for so long, I guess my social skills aren't that good hu?" laughing slightly at his own stupid joke.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:24 pm

Sanura had started to open her mouth to say something back to Flec before Rookie suddenly cut them off and she sighed softly, going quiet as she continued to walk over to the others, she wanted to go on with the conversation, to try and explain something or maybe bring Spectre back to them but she didn't really seem to have it in her to stand up and just do it, which was fairly normal for the pale green mare. She did eventually say something though, "Hey... really... we should take turns on watch instead of leaving someone exhausted in the morning..." she said to Rookie, "Don't you think, Rookie?" she lifted her chin up to see him, "Cause..." But no, apparently not. He intended to take watch all on his own so she'd find her spot in the tent that Flec and her were going to stay in, after it was set up with a bit of magic from her horn she'd set up her... let's be honest she didn't have a bedroll so she wandered out into the grouping of tents. "Does... anyone know how to cook?" she called out to everyone.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Spectre kept up a brisk pace until he realised Sanura was following after him, he sighed, calming down a little. He slowed his pace so Sanura could catch up to him, keeping to the other side of her to Reflect. "I overreacted... I just took what he said the wrong way I think. I spent most of my life being treated like a pet by those raiders... I guess my mind just made the wrong connections in Aquilinus' words." When Rookie shouted back to them Spectre only got confused. Bickering about love? What? Spectre let out a sigh. That pony has the wrong idea... Spectre just kept walking as they made there way to the first camping spot. Upon arrival he checked out all the possible ways anypony could get in, and found that there weren't many ways at least. Though when Rookie told him he was sleeping in the tent he just glared at the pegasus.

"Didn't you listen to what I said... I'm not sleeping in any of these tents, I will sleep outside, and if you insist on keeping watch we will take turns, not sleeping is going to get you killed in that minefield, there will be no more arguing between me and Aquilinus, that was a one off. And don't you ever try to lecture me on keeping quiet out in these wastes... I've spent my entire life staying alive out here. I know what i'm doing." Spectre ensured that not once did he raise his voice at Rookie, but kept a stern tone that let the pegasus know how serious he was.
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm

"I know you have spent your entire life in these wastes. I haven't, i spent my life in a Stable being cooped up and somehow I'm the leader of this group. If you don't want to sleep, that's fine." Rookie said, his voice as stern as Spectres. "I may not be the best or the worst, but I'm what you have. And no, i didn't listen to what you said because i was ahead of the group at the time. I didn't hear you." He stated, and looked ahead to the road. When Sanura said that they had to take turns, he wanted to refuse but he needed some time alone. Often that helps him out more then he'd like. "Just so you know, I trust you, but that trust has a limit. That is all I'm saying at the moment. If you hurt one of my friends then...nothing. Just...nothing. This is turning into a violent conversation that i didn't want to start. Sorry, just..." He looked away, back to the road. "...Do whatever you want. You can stay out here and talk or simply be quiet inside there. I dunno."
    Reflected Failure
    Reflected Failure
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Reflected Failure Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Reflected had walked alone, silent. She held that same semi confident smile while being lost in her own thoughts. Occasionally she would glance around to check where everyone was, but that was it.

So not bondage, just a bad background, I can relate. Can't think of anyone who's lived that the wasteland hasn't taken something from. Wonder how many mines we're going to get, we'll be rich, then I can buy a real bed for my trailer back in Stableton. Or maybe make a run to Trottinham... Or hoofington... Wow with that many bits I could go anywhere I wanted. Oh and maybe the store owner will have unlocked the shop by the time we get back---

Her rambling of hours of thought eventually were broken by them reaching their destination of hole in the rock. She helped Sanura Set up the tent which was easy, she done that plenty of time before. Then quiet crawled inside, laying on the bare back tent to give Sanura as much room as she wanted without being not in the tent.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Sanura listens to the arguement going on between Rookie and spectre and Rookie before she'd simply give a sigh, "well I can't cook very well." before plopping down on her belly and laying her chin on her forehooves. It was probably be just that much worse if she tried to step in the middle of it and even worse yet. Then again waiting there pathetically probably wasn't going to do anything, the night felt cold in more ways than one, between people fighting and Aqui wandering off... she stood up, unbuckling her saddle bags as she trotted back to the tent and slipped in beside Flec, "Started out on such a good note too." she grumbled softly as she went to flop down onto the bare bottom of the little structure.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Spectre sighed, the knowledge that Rookie wasn't very experienced in the wastes didn't sit well with Spectre, but everypony has to start somewhere. "Look, i'm not questioning your leadership, all i'm saying is that if there's one thing i'm good at it's not being seen, and as an extention of that, I know how to look for others doing the same. Use that to your advantage, by all means tell me what you want me to do, but don't throw me into a situation i'm not going to be able to deal with. And if your not sure what to do, don't hesitate to ask, I wouldn't think less of you for it, we all have to start somewhere, and it's better to swallow your pride every now and then than get you and your friends killed."

Spectre layed down near Rookie, so as not to be a obvious sight. "I can understand that you want to keep everypony safe, but if you stay awake the whole night your going to find it hard to concentrate the next day, if we take turns we can all get a good amount of sleep, and keep everypony safe. I'm not here to oppose your leadership of this group, nor am I here to cause problems."
    Aquilinus
    Aquilinus
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Aquilinus Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:58 pm

As he walked back to the camp he spotted Spectre and Rookie having a spat. "I should probably just leave them alone.." Looking around he spotted a way to climb up to the top of a hill with a good view into the cave, deciding he should camp out up there for the time being. Looking at Nocona he climbed to the top and found a comfy spot to watch the camp while being to his own thoughts. "Hopefully all we need is a good nights sleep girl." Sighing he layed down and took vigil over the camp for the time being. He watched as Spectre layed down, he must of talked things out looking into the camp he watched Sanura head into her tent, he could only assume that the other unicorn was in it already. I'm gonna have to talk to her alone some time.. Looking at the camp he saw Rookie start cooking some food, good thing too he was getting hungry.

Last edited by Aquilinus on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Rookie did a light punch to Spectre's shoulder. It wasn't one that hurt and it was a friendly punch, if that even made sense. After a few minutes of looking out on the road, he turned to Spectre and said one word. "Alright." Rookie said, and then walked back into the area. He was going to allow Spectre to watch out for about two hours, and then somepony else will take control of watching the area around them. He did see Reflected around Stableton at one point or two guarding, so that's certainly something. Rookie sat down away from the tent Reflect and Sanura were in. He got out a few supplies and made a pot. He filled the pot with enough water, threw in some of the squirrel he accumulated from his past travels a few days ago, put in some noodles, and then set up some sort of cloth above the pot to cover the smoke if it even gets out of that area. With that good, he waited and pulled out a big wooden spoon. He started moving the contents around so it wouldn't be so close together like the nerves in a Diamond Dogs nose. The smell of the meal went around the cave, the smell of meat, good spices, and over all, decent food.
    Reflected Failure
    Reflected Failure
    Level 4
    Level 4

Post by Reflected Failure Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Reflected blinked, that all she could do. When she opened her mouth to speak the words were lost, like her voice didn't want to work anymore. So instead she slid off her saddlebags. Opened the left pouch, pulled out the gun she still had holstered, layed that upon the ground and removed the blanket from the Saddlebag. It was clean compared to the wasteland but that didn't make it all that clean. Several holes littered the stained white fabrid, several shades of red, brown, green and blue could be seen among it, almost making it look like it was an intentional pattern, and if anyone asked, that's what it was.

The blanket itself had come from the little burnt out, worn out trailer of her back in Stableton and she had spent a lot of time fixing it up and cleaning, that included cleaning the blanket. Even if cleaning it with radiated water and 200 year old soap wasn't the best, it still got most of the dirt (And parts of the blanket itself) out. She let it fall it carefully over Sanura then curled up next to her, though facing away from her to not raise any suspicion. "When do you think the couple will stop fighting..?" Her mutter was just loud enough for Sanura to hear.
    Spectre
    Spectre
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Spectre Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:22 pm

Once Rookie left Spectre took a look about, spotting a patch of dirt he crawled over and covered himself as best he could in the dust off the ground, enough to dull the white of his coat, afterwards he took up his position again and sat, perfectly still, and out of sight. He watched, the only movements he made were his eyes darting back and forth, looking at every possible route a threat could come from.
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Sanura Heartsnug
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Sanura Heartsnug Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Sanura jerked slightly when she felt the blanket fall over her and looked up to see what was going on before she'd settle down again, not seeming to mind much at all as Flec curled up next to her and she'd closed her aqua eyes, trying to go to sleep already... though that was short lived as the other spoke up and shed blink, lifting her head some and looking back the other direction, though she couldn't quite see the other from her position, "Err... the couple?" she asked and shook her head, "Did.. you have a fight with someone?" she asked.
    Aquilinus
    Aquilinus
    Level 6
    Level 6

Post by Aquilinus Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Chuckling lightly he watched Spectre roll in some dirt to cover himself up. Looking deeper in the cave he saw one of the tents shifting, Must be Reflected acting up. Sighing he turned to look at the cloud strewn sky to try and see if he could spot any stars. He looked towards Nocona, "Girl... think we should head back soon?" The hawk tilted its head and let out a small screech. "Yea we probably should get back soon, food should be ready soon enough." Turning back over he stretched his legs and got ready to head back to the rest of the camp.
    Rookie Star
    Rookie Star
    Level 5
    Level 5

Post by Rookie Star Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:35 pm

Rookie grabbed the big spoon and put the ramen-soup in the bowl. It was a good bowl, clean enough, and he wanted to give the night guard out there something to eat. It was a act of kindness. He put a spoon in it and mixed it around a little. The smell now went through out the room even more. He put the bowl on top of his hat, balancing it enough so that none of it would come out of the bowl. Then, he grabbed it with his muzzle and put it down, trying to find where Spectre was outside. He couldn't find him for a minute, then he seen the familiar zebra covered with dust as a form of camoflauge. Rookie picked up the bowl and got low, crawling towards the zebra. He put it beside the zebra. "Something to eat in the mean time." Before the zebra could reply he started crawling backwards while still looking at the zebra. It was a humorous sight to see. It was almost as if he was mimicking a snake. Then he got up and trotted away, getting back to the pot and sitting down.

Rookie actually caught Aquilinus heading back. He grabbed another bowl and filled it with the ramen-soup. Its a amazing soup for something that he just made a few seconds ago. Nice, and warm out in the cold.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:09 am